It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It comes right before the dawn. Of full-scale warfare.

<span class="bold">Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game</span>, a grand strategy tackling 20th century's consecutive grand wars, is now DRM-free on GOG.com with a 50% launch discount.

Humanity's brief presence on the planet is so full of regrettable moments, it sometimes seems our darkest hour lasts forever. But in re-living and rearranging history's key events of agonizing strife and hopeless self-destruction humanity stands to gain wisdom and perhaps a way to envision a different outcome to what has already transpired.

The 20th century has proven to be the most suitable era for such observations, with a seemingly endless string of conflicts dominating the history books. Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game provides the perfect opportunity to not only experience but also alter the course of these events, from the start of the Great War, on June 1914, to the inconspicuous beginnings of the Cold War around 1947. The new diplomatic system and the advanced A.I. provide extra challenges as your nation must use diplomacy and military means to strengthen its place in history and tackle the hundreds of events taking place simultaneously around the world.

See your nation through 20th century's <span class="bold">Darkest Hour</span>, available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. Put your mark on it with a 50% discount that will last until January 10, 1:59 PM GMT.
OP1: The only problem I can see with the GOG releases is that you can`t register the games at Paradox, preventing GOG customers from obtaining the latest patches.
Grargar: I don't think that's a problem, as all their games are patched to their latest version here, anyways. Also, aside from the odd update here and there (like Darkest Hour's 1.04 update), none of these games are patched any more. In addition, some of the games here (Cities in Motion, Europa Universalis III, Europa Universalis Rome, Hearts of Iron 3 and Majesty 2) do actually provide serial keys that can be used to register on Paradox's site.
AFAIK, we have the latest version of Darkest Hour, that being version 1.04 (sorry I don't have the checksum handy).
Grargar: I don't think that's a problem, as all their games are patched to their latest version here, anyways. Also, aside from the odd update here and there (like Darkest Hour's 1.04 update), none of these games are patched any more. In addition, some of the games here (Cities in Motion, Europa Universalis III, Europa Universalis Rome, Hearts of Iron 3 and Majesty 2) do actually provide serial keys that can be used to register on Paradox's site.
OP1: I bought For the Glory from GOG yesterday. Can`t fin any serial though. I already have the Gamersgate version, with a serial code, so for me it`s not really a problem.

Anyways, The FtG version on GOG is only patched to tversion 1.2. The only way to obtain the 1.3b patch on Paradox is to register the game.

I`m sure though that the GOG team will do what they can to keep all the games on their catalog fully updated so any patches will probably turn up here eventually.
Tha FTG patch...is that an official patch or a mod compatibility patch?