It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Voxels of mass destruction

<span class="bold">8-Bit Armies</span>, a fast-paced RTS of blocky voxel mayhem, is now available DRM-free on GOG.com, with GOG Galaxy support for achievements and a 10% launch discount.

War is a ruthless, violent, messy affair. Unless it's done by small blocky men, riding blocky vehicles, and bleeding blocky blood. Then it's also great fun. Because intense voxel warfare requires resources, resourcefulness, and mean commanding skills. But whether you're leading your weird-looking dudes through the 25-mission campaign or against your best friends, figuring out how to take advantage of every situation is only half the fun. The other half is simply spreading chaos and watching the destructible environment and soldiers go boom.

Unleash your <span class="bold">8-Bit Armies</span> upon strategically placed voxels, DRM-free on GOG.com. If you can't get the game's electronic tunes out of your head, be sure to also grab the addictive <span class="bold">soundtrack</span>. The 10% launch discount on both the game and its OST will last until April 29, 4:59 PM UTC.
GOG.com: The 10% launch discount on both the game and its OST will last until April 29, 4:59 PM UTC.
Grargar: Hmm, there is no launch discount on the soundtrack.
It's fixed and should show up any second now, sorry!
mechmouse: Just fired it up.

Looked at co-op multiplayer. Sorry to who ever logged onto my hosted game, only to be booted a second later.

No option for private session. If you're wanting to play with someone sitting next to you, then you're going to have to get good at choreographed clicking.

I'm going to send some messages to the publisher to find out what their plans are.

Unlikely to ask for refund, since my son loves RTS games and this is just up his street. But will be woefully dissapointed if LAN isn't added later.
The developers are active in the game's subforum :)
bigsilverhotdog: Not mentioning anywhere on the store page that GOG Galaxy is required to use any multiplayer functionality in the game seems like a rather serious and intentional oversight. Rude, and sadly unsurprising.
The gamecard has been changed already.
mechmouse: Something I've discovered is a the game doesn't just require Galaxy, but the game is linked to an account and the Galaxy must be logged in as the game owner. As in my wife couldn't use her Gog account with my Game install.
for offline play or multiplayer?
does it concern campaign in progress or happens as well with a new game?

we'll need some more detailed info ;)