It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I agree with what Klumpen said about many countries going right wing and say its quite true in my country. We in India currently have a right wing PM (he himself has not been openly hateful to any group, and has not been openly prejudiced about any groups so that is a plus but his party has many actually fascist people) and the main opposition to his party on the national level is very weak. This opposition party has been subject to mass defections and their candidate for PM is widely perceived to be incapable by many many people. So our current PM getting the next term is something I'm pretty willing to bet on.
Shadowstalker16: I agree with what Klumpen said about many countries going right wing and say its quite true in my country. We in India currently have a right wing PM (he himself has not been openly hateful to any group, and has not been openly prejudiced about any groups so that is a plus but his party has many actually fascist people) and the main opposition to his party on the national level is very weak. This opposition party has been subject to mass defections and their candidate for PM is widely perceived to be incapable by many many people. So our current PM getting the next term is something I'm pretty willing to bet on.
Meanwhile the German CDU is as fascist as ever while disguising as somewhat leftist to fool the population into voting them and trying to get slave labourers not subject to the minimum wage again since they didn't manage to avoid the minimum wage which they blocked for oh so many years.

At least they don't seem to get away with that so easily:
http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/mindestlohn-fuer-fluechtlinge-cdu-schwaecht-integrationskonzept-ab-a-1077472.html
http://www.t-online.de/nachrichten/deutschland/id_76973046/fluechtlinge-cdu-entschaerft-vorstoss-zu-mindestlohn.html
Post edited November 15, 2016 by Klumpen0815
pearnon: ... You might have a point... had Trump said anything disparaging about any race, or made it a campaign issue. As it is, you're just swallowing the lies and misrepresentations hook, line and sinker.
Trump made lots of scandalous (according to maybe somewhat outdated standards by now) statements. Let me search:

- Trump on Mexican immigrants on a presidential announcement speech on June 16:
"They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."
Mexicans aren't a race but close enough if you ask me and looking at the average immigrant this is grossly misleading

- Trump after being told two men beat a hispanic man in his name said they were passionate in mid august.
Against being hispanic might not be a race (I have anyway problems defining race) but he certainly condoned violence there, even if later taking it back.

- Trump in June on crime "Sadly, the overwhelming amount of violent crime in our major cities is committed by blacks and hispanics..."
This is a bit low on statistics backing it up and fails on a critical discussion of the why it is and what you can do against it. It seems to be more like a move to blame certain kinds of people to mobilize probably the white voters (and hell that worked out).

- Trump suggested that all Muslims in the country should register in November 2015.
Now Muslim is a religion, not a race, so technically it wouldn't be racist, right. Still one of the more awful ideas of him.

- At a press conference, Trump told a hispanic journalist Jorge Ramos (US citizen) to "get out of my country" in August 2015
Here we don't know if this is really racist, he could say this to everyone. But I doubt it somehow.

Now this may be the famous examples and I didn't search exhaustively, so there may be more. What should have become clear is that he is overly critical of Mexicans, Muslims and maybe partly Blacks (is that okay to say?) on the border to or even far within racism. It is as it is. He is already elected president.

I just wanted to point out that as president he certainly has a lot of influence on setting the bar of what is acceptable. Inevitably some will follow him and inevitably some of them will overshoot even more. Want to see an example:

Teacher Reportedly Told Kids Donald Trump Will Deport Their Parents “They will leave you behind, and you will be in foster care.” (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/teacher-scares-kids-with-deportation-fears_us_5829f514e4b060adb56f704d)

Is this bad or is this bad?

Trump seldom told the truth in his candidacy, showed no respect for war veterans or the political opponent ("look Hillary up") and denounced Mexicans or Muslims. He won the election. You may be a guy who doesn't want to follow his example, but some people will. I bet on that.

It's what you get if you follow the populistic way. The 60 million Trump voters were fully aware of how he is and still voted for him.

Let's see what happens when deportation of immigrants is starting. What cultural climate there will be.
Trilarion: Trump seldom told the truth in his candidacy, showed no respect for war veterans or the political opponent ("look Hillary up") and denounced Mexicans or Muslims. He won the election. You may be a guy who doesn't want to follow his example, but some people will. I bet on that.

It's what you get if you follow the populistic way. The 60 million Trump voters were fully aware of how he is and still voted for him.

Let's see what happens when deportation of immigrants is starting. What cultural climate there will be.
Have you personally been in the jungle camps? If yes, then I bet you will welcome building of walls and very strong control. Also, he lied by far far far far less than Hillary.

So long he starts ending wars instead of igniting them, development - instead of hate/racism/civil war funding (like Obama, Bush and Clinton) - I am happy.

Amount of hate, lies and bashing of him in Bilderberg-controlled media proves that he is an outsider. I really welcome an independent, self-made realist as a president of USA. Much better than a puppet monkey with A nade. =) According to her, Putin paid me to upvote Trump, lols! ;D
Post edited November 15, 2016 by Lin545
low rated
pearnon: ... You might have a point... had Trump said anything disparaging about any race, or made it a campaign issue. As it is, you're just swallowing the lies and misrepresentations hook, line and sinker.
Trilarion: Trump made lots of scandalous (according to maybe somewhat outdated standards by now) statements. Let me search:

- Trump on ILLEGAL Mexican immigrants on a presidential announcement speech on June 16:
"They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."
Mexicans aren't a race but close enough if you ask me and looking at the average immigrant this is grossly misleading

- Trump after being told two men beat a hispanic man in his name said they were passionate in mid august.
Against being hispanic might not be a race (I have anyway problems defining race) but he certainly condoned violence there, even if later taking it back.

SOURCE?

- Trump in June on crime "Sadly, the overwhelming amount of violent crime in our major cities is committed by blacks and hispanics..." SOURCE?
This is a bit low on statistics backing it up and fails on a critical discussion of the why it is and what you can do against it. It seems to be more like a move to blame certain kinds of people to mobilize probably the white voters (and hell that worked out).

- Trump suggested that all Muslims in the country should register in November 2015. SOURCE?
Now Muslim is a religion, not a race, so technically it wouldn't be racist, right. Still one of the more awful ideas of him.

- At a press conference, Trump told a hispanic journalist Jorge Ramos (US citizen) to "get out of my country" in August 2015 SOURCE?
Here we don't know if this is really racist, he could say this to everyone. But I doubt it somehow.

Now this may be the famous examples and I didn't search exhaustively, so there may be more. What should have become clear is that he is overly critical of Mexicans, Muslims and maybe partly Blacks (is that okay to say?) on the border to or even far within racism. It is as it is. He is already elected president.

I just wanted to point out that as president he certainly has a lot of influence on setting the bar of what is acceptable. Inevitably some will follow him and inevitably some of them will overshoot even more. Want to see an example:

Teacher Reportedly Told Kids Donald Trump Will Deport Their Parents “They will leave you behind, and you will be in foster care.” (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/teacher-scares-kids-with-deportation-fears_us_5829f514e4b060adb56f704d) LEFTIST FEAR-MONGERING PROPAGANDA

Trump seldom told the truth in his candidacy, showed no respect for war veterans BULLSHIT or the political opponent ("look Hillary up") and denounced Mexicans or Muslims BULLSHIT. He won the election. You may be a guy who doesn't want to follow his example, but some people will. I bet on that.

Martek: ... SOURCE?....
SURE. SOURCE IS COMING.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/08/20/a-beating-in-boston-said-to-be-inspired-by-donald-trumps-immigrant-comments/

Sorry, I don't have the time or will to answer your other bold comments, but I stay with what I stated. Good day.
Trilarion: Trump made lots of scandalous (according to maybe somewhat outdated standards by now) statements. Let me search:

- Trump in June on crime "Sadly, the overwhelming amount of violent crime in our major cities is committed by blacks and hispanics..."

- Trump suggested that all Muslims in the country should register in November 2015.

- At a press conference, Trump told a hispanic journalist Jorge Ramos (US citizen) to "get out of my country" in August 2015

Teacher Reportedly Told Kids Donald Trump Will Deport Their Parents “They will leave you behind, and you will be in foster care.” (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/teacher-scares-kids-with-deportation-fears_us_5829f514e4b060adb56f704d)

Trump seldom told the truth in his candidacy, showed no respect for war veterans or the political opponent ("look Hillary up") and denounced Mexicans or Muslims. He won the election. You may be a guy who doesn't want to follow his example, but some people will. I bet on that.

Why the hell do you people see everything as "whites" verse non-whites? Ever thought maybe all these different groups have their own agenda?
This article is written without direct source and with deductive fallacy all over it.

To illustrate: Hillary lost elections - and in protest massive violence and damage of property happened.
This does not mean that she ordered and supported this violence.
low rated
Martek: ... SOURCE?....
Trilarion: SURE. SOURCE IS COMING.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/08/20/a-beating-in-boston-said-to-be-inspired-by-donald-trumps-immigrant-comments/

Sorry, I don't have the time or will to answer your other bold comments, but I stay with what I stated. Good day.
NYT is a leftist shit-rag.

An actual SOURCE would be, say, a youtube of him actually saying that at the "press conference" they cited. Then we could verify the context in which is was allegedly said.

You have NOT provided a source - only a printed allegation.
low rated

You said it yourself. Mexicans aren't a race, and it's only "close enough" when you're indulging in confirmation bias.
You're insidious and duplicitous, or didn't bother checking your facts. Here's what actually transpired:

[i]Trump was asked about the alleged assault at a news conference on Wednesday.

“I haven’t heard about that,” Trump said. “It would be a shame, but I haven’t heard about that.”

He then added: “I will say that people who are following me are very passionate.[/i]

Ergo, he was deflecting and pivoting from that incident to laud his supporters, not saying those two people who assaulted the man were passionate. As anyone with functioning brain cells and reading comprehension could have figured out, were it not for confirmation bias.
Congratulations, you managed the trifecta of irrelevancy: 1) it's not racist, 2) it's factual, and 3) why it is and what you can do against it is irrelevant to the fact of the matter, to say nothing of this particular discussion. Again, confirmation bias causing you to dredge up all and sundry and try to paint it as somehow racist, in the grossest misappropriation of the term.
Again, you said it yourself. "Muslims" isn't a race. Again, you're reaching because of your confirmation bias.
You said it yourself. Heck, you are point-blank admitting it's your confirmation bias.
I just wanted to point out that as president he certainly has a lot of influence on setting the bar of what is acceptable. Inevitably some will follow him and inevitably some of them will overshoot even more.
If some follow him in speaking the plain truth, unafraid of the handwringing, perpetually offended brigade, the world will be a better place.
Teacher Reportedly Told Kids Donald Trump Will Deport Their Parents “They will leave you behind, and you will be in foster care.”
Taking this story at face value, that teacher is being an asshole and is unfit to teach. But he's not racist, and his actions are not an indictment of Trump as a racist. Confirmation bias again.

As for the rest, there's plenty of things you can say about Trump and accuse him of being. Racist isn't one of them, and it's so patently, observably and demonstrably false, that everyone eventually ends up with egg on their face after making the accusation. It's almost funny, watching Trump detractors raging impotently at the inefficacy of their tried-and-tested "racist" weapon, with which they bludgeoned so many others into submission, even when it wasn't true. But they'll keep on trying, hoping that saying "racist" one more time might do the trick.
pearnon: ...have a point? The intellectual honesty to admit I was wrong? The decency to slink back into the shadows after being caught out spreading misinformation and glossing over actual attacks being perpetrated?

Indeed you don't. And shame on you for that, because that means you're a mendacious zealot instead of a useful idiot who doesn't know any better.
SirPrimalform: Have the energy to engage with you.
I believe the current year's parlance is "low energy". Take your pick between that and "deceitful cockroach that skitters away from the light".
Post edited November 15, 2016 by pearnon
There were far, far better candidates than either Trump or Hillary. Perhaps we can at least agree on that? This entire election felt like a nightmare circus. We were screwed no matter which of them won. I wish more people had considered third party support.

These next four years are going to be rough, regardless of if you were pro- or anti-Trump. Human beings seem to thrive on chaos.
low rated
http://usherald.com/college-students-given-coloring-books-play-doh-help-cope-trumps-victory/

America need all the luck it can get for its future.
SirPrimalform: Have the energy to engage with you.
pearnon: I believe the current year's parlance is "low energy". Take your pick between that and "deceitful cockroach that skitters away from the light".
Sorry, one can only do so much arguing on these matters before fatigue sets in. You come across as a waste of my time and energy.
low rated
Gnostic: America need all the luck it can get for its future.
Or even better, it needs "LACK" instead, of dangerous individuals/elements who jeopardize democracy itself and threaten civilians, innocents and property that isn't theirs to break or burn, in the name of "democracy"...

The land of freedom and democracy, is endangered by the very same people who say they work to get freedom/rights and proclaim themselves democrats, while calling anyone else having different views/opinions a "fascist". Oh, the irony...
Post edited November 16, 2016 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
People are acting as if America is going to die after Donald Trump gets elected or there will be World War 3 .

Take a chill pill.

Nothing that bad is going to happen.