It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SirPrimalform: Well assuming that it's a normal night time power that affects the target for the following day, it would be hard to use it defensively unless the prosecutor was certain they were going to be a mislynch the next day. Even then it's a risky prospect, as blocking the vote of a town player would hand more power to the Mafia.
I think it should probably be one shot, like most vigs... That way someone would have to choose between using it early on to clear themselves, or saving it for when they're more certain of a mafia target.
bler144: Ah, I missed that it was a night action. Yeah, that makes its tactical value even less hot.
I tend to assume it's a night action unless specified. A day prosecutor would certainly be powerful, almost akin to a governor.
Does the role DOUBLEVOTER alter the number of votes required to lunch?

We wouldn't like it to set a... precedent now would we?

On an unrelated matter, I have been doing some research, and it turns out there is a variant prosecutor that also alters the votes required for lunch - it's called the QUARTERMASTER.

So that solves that problem ;)
JoeSapphire: Does the role DOUBLEVOTER alter the number of votes required to lunch?

On an unrelated matter, I have been doing some research, and it turns out there is a variant prosecutor that also alters the votes required for lunch - it's called the QUARTERMASTER.

It does not alter the amount of votes required for lynch, it just means someone’s vote counts twice. It can also be used to cast one vote on two separate people in some variations, but that’s not the variation I’m using.
trentonlf: It does not alter the amount of votes required for lynch,
AHA!
JoeSapphire: Does the role DOUBLEVOTER alter the number of votes required to lunch?

For something to be a precedent, it must precede. :P

JoeSapphire: On an unrelated matter, I have been doing some research, and it turns out there is a variant prosecutor that also alters the votes required for lunch - it's called the QUARTERMASTER.

My main point was simply that the description needed to be more precise either way. The prosecutor description didn't specify but the preceding precedent suggested that it would affect the majority.

Sure if you want to split it into two roles then that's fine, I just think that if we're going to have a "GOG normal" role list then they need to be unambiguous - that's the whole point of having a list. Do you have a link to the Quartermaster role or was your research conducted 'internally'?
Post edited May 08, 2019 by SirPrimalform
SirPrimalform: Do you have a link to the Quartermaster role or was your research conducted 'internally'?
I must have read it in a book.

Well, it's a relief anyhow that the doublevoter role hasn't preceded anything. I was so terribly worried that it might set a... precedent
JoeSapphire: I must have read it in a book.

Well, it's a relief anyhow that the doublevoter role hasn't preceded anything. I was so terribly worried that it might set a... precedent
Sure, it sets a precedent for anything that comes afterwards. :P
JoeSapphire: I must have read it in a book.

SirPrimalform: Sure, it sets a precedent for anything that comes afterwards. :P
oh no!

but that would include the brig and the prosecutor role!!

Well, I guess we must just sit on our hands and hope it doesn't take it upon itself to set a...

president!!!
JoeSapphire: oh no!

but that would include the brig and the prosecutor role!!

Well, I guess we must just sit on our hands and hope it doesn't take it upon itself to set a...

president!!!
Do we have to go over the differences between before and after again?

You should be careful setting presidents, things can go horribly wrong.
SirPrimalform: Do we have to go over the differences between before and after again?
Oh I thought you were meaning temporally, but perhaps you meant spatially?
JoeSapphire: Oh I thought you were meaning temporally, but perhaps you meant spatially?
Both, but not alphabetically or numerically.
Oooh, the new avatar is nice.
Post edited May 09, 2019 by SirPrimalform
thank you! I'm pleased with how it turned out
JoeSapphire: thank you! I'm pleased with how it turned out
Hope it actually activates by the time the game starts. GOG needs to hire more avatar monkeys, the slow change makes it hard to play silly avatar games. :(
new page bug strikes again
You should have done it earlier and just made your avatar a giant 1-1
Post edited May 09, 2019 by bler144
bler144: new page bug strikes again
bler144: You should have done it earlier and just made your avatar a giant 1-1
SHSHSHshshSHHSH! You're giving away all my tactics!