It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bookwyrm627: Someone who wants to go volunteers
ZFR: Eh sure, you'll do.
Too soon, man.
Bookwyrm627: Yogsloth went one year. What's-his-face, with the long posts and occasional strange rambling, went another year. Brasas! I think RWarehall also went one year.
Oh right, is it once they go they're not allowed back?

it's a big commitment, but it looks interesting
Bookwyrm627: Yogsloth went one year. What's-his-face, with the long posts and occasional strange rambling, went another year. Brasas! I think RWarehall also went one year.
JoeSapphire: Oh right, is it once they go they're not allowed back?

it's a big commitment, but it looks interesting
You will be the tribute!
Just another quick try... anybody want to go to the champs? Anybody? Lift? It's free, it's easy to sign up, and actually playing is akin to the agony of being burned with red-hot pokers while having fire ants poured into your eyes...

... which as I think about it, I might not be doing the best sales job here, but...

Any takers at all? We've got just a few days.

[EDIT] oh, Thingy just posted above. And some of you are talking about it. I should read sometimes.

Just let me know if anybody wants to go. It really is quite the experience.

EDIT 2

JoeSapphire: how's it worked in the past? Have we represented before?
I went in 2016 and made it quite far, "winning" my preliminary round and being middle-of-the-pack on the Champs winning team.

RWarehall went in 2017 and... made a lot of friends... *ahem*

Brasas went last year, and I think he at least had fun...
Post edited April 10, 2019 by yogsloth
dibs on the 2020 spot.
yogsloth:
mmmmmm....!

well... I had reservations before, but now I...

um...
yogsloth:
JoeSapphire: mmmmmm....!

um...
Make you a deal... you sign up and I'll be your backup. Technically you're eligible to go again after a certain amount of time, and Thingy told me my time has passed and I'm eligible again.

I'd rather somebody new go, though.
JoeSapphire: mmmmmm....!

um...
yogsloth: Make you a deal... you sign up and I'll be your backup. Technically you're eligible to go again after a certain amount of time, and Thingy told me my time has passed and I'm eligible again.

I'd rather somebody new go, though.
...eesh I dunno.

can you link me to past games? I gather it's a little different to what I'm used to?
But, if I suppose I could always get myself knocked out of the game early on...
JoeSapphire: ...eesh I dunno.

can you link me to past games? I gather it's a little different to what I'm used to?
This was my first game. Really fun, lots of good people.

This is another game from my year that I didn't play in, but you can see a really really good Town player systematically destroy the mafia, to see what players of that caliber look like.

The mafia software there is just beyond belief in its amazing functionality. The entire site was built from the ground up specifically for playing forum mafia.

The big difference is that there will be a lot of players from communities where it's expected to post 100+ times in a 24-hour period, and players from communities like ours (and there are lots of places out there that have a pace like ours) tend to get overwhelmed.
JoeSapphire: ...eesh I dunno.

yogsloth: This was my first game. Really fun, lots of good people.

This is another game from my year that I didn't play in, but you can see a really really good Town player systematically destroy the mafia, to see what players of that caliber look like.

The mafia software there is just beyond belief in its amazing functionality. The entire site was built from the ground up specifically for playing forum mafia.

The big difference is that there will be a lot of players from communities where it's expected to post 100+ times in a 24-hour period, and players from communities like ours (and there are lots of places out there that have a pace like ours) tend to get overwhelmed.
You can put me as Joe's backup
trentonlf: You can put me as Joe's backup
Unless you'd prefer to be Joe's Front-Up?

Is there a rule against having 5 or 6 of us posting from one account? What if we don't tell them we're doing it?
yogsloth: RWarehall went in 2017 and... made a lot of friends... *ahem*
XD
JoeSapphire: Unless you'd prefer to be Joe's Front-Up?

Is there a rule against having 5 or 6 of us posting from one account? What if we don't tell them we're doing it?
So what you're saying is... we should send the GOGfather?
Post edited April 11, 2019 by SirPrimalform
JoeSapphire: Is there a rule against having 5 or 6 of us posting from one account? What if we don't tell them we're doing it?
I'm sure it's totally accepted and no one will have any issues at all with it LOL
trentonlf: You can put me as Joe's backup
JoeSapphire: Unless you'd prefer to be Joe's Front-Up?

I've played on sites which allowed the use of hydras.

It brings it's own challenges but allows players to play and manage the commitment.
We have a Hydra Event each year, but for the Championship you unfortunately have to play solo :D