It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Regals: Yup that is what it is all about having fun on forum....

This is not a store selling video games
Oh, I'm so glad to see you again! Did you sleep well? I trust you had pleasant dreams.
While this is a store selling video games and it's their #1 priority, yes, the forum is indeed all about having fun. Otherwise we wouldn't even have a forum to begin with (notice that Humble Bundle, for example, doesn't have one). It's quite a lovely place, I must say, don't you agree? I mean, you hang out here all the time, which only goes to show that you have fun, too! I think it's great you can join us and get enjoyment from it in your own special way!
zeogold: There's still fun to be had, you just gotta find the right places.
We really could use another one of those "hangout" threads. Maybe I'll make one someday.
Not worth it. Unless you could password protect it...

Regals: Yup that is what it is all about having fun on forum....

This is not a store selling video games
Why don't you find a nice brothel to relax a little :-D. Might help. You seem a little... uptight in the lower regions.
zeogold: There's still fun to be had, you just gotta find the right places.
We really could use another one of those "hangout" threads. Maybe I'll make one someday.
toxicTom: Not worth it. Unless you could password protect it...
Funny you mention that...give me a little chat over in the PM section and I'll talk to you about something.
zeogold: ...
Trolling is the poor, retarded man's fun...
Don't blame them, they probably had a tough childhood. Poor sods....
low rated
Can not agree more that you are retard.
toxicTom: Why don't you find a nice brothel to relax a little :-D. Might help. You seem a little... uptight in the lower regions.
toxicTom: Trolling is the poor, retarded man's fun...
Post edited November 18, 2016 by Regals
low rated
immi101: I don't think it is legal. But I guess the code gets optimized away before it even has a chance to throw an error.
Alaric.us: The weirdest part is not even int x = x; Since it does nothing at all, it could technically be ignored by the compiler altogether. What is weird, is this: printf(x); Even if the previous line is ignored somehow, this should definitely throw an error.
In the code I posted, I did not include the line

#include<stdio.h>
therefore, the compiler doesn't see the prototype for printf and therefore is unable to check to make sure the first argument is a pointer to a constant character. Hence, the value of x is passed as the first argument to printf. In this example, x seems to have a value of 0 (which, as a pointer, would be NULL), and glibc printf simply prints nothing if the first argument to printf is NULL. (Don't count on this behavior; a different printf implementation could segfault in this instant.) I note that gcc does have special logic that causes it to emit a warning at compile time when the arguments to printf are wrong, like in this case, so at least we get a warning here.

If I instead use the line

printf("%d\n", x);
in there, it prints 0, suggesting that, in this case, x happened to be initialized to 0, but don't count on this behavior.

Note that much of this behavior is actually undefined in the standard, so a compiler is allowed to do literally anything.

Yes, C sometimes allows things it clearly shouldn't.
Quick reminder that this thread exists.
low rated
zeogold: Quick reminder that this thread exists.
Are you saying you'd rather us discuss programming in that thread so that this one stays on topic?
zeogold: Quick reminder that this thread exists.
Alaric.us: Are you saying you'd rather us discuss programming in that thread so that this one stays on topic?
I don't think this one even HAS a topic anymore. It's devolved into politics, beat that dead horse into a pulpy mush, and now the OP is gone (presumably for good). May as well turn it into a programming thread.
zeogold: now the OP is gone (presumably for good)
It seems that only few goggers resist the mental breakdown caused by the downrepping..
Post edited November 19, 2016 by phaolo
zeogold: now the OP is gone (presumably for good)
phaolo: It seems that only few goggers resist the mental breakdown caused by the downrepping..
I think it was more the fact that few people kept on topic/listened to him. I've had many conversations with him and tried to explain to him that he isn't always as easy as he thinks he is to understand, leading to people just skipping over whatver he says, but he can be a bit like a mild TStael...stubborn and just saying people should "READ IT BETTER!" or something.
phaolo: It seems that only few goggers resist the mental breakdown caused by the downrepping..
zeogold: I think it was more the fact that few people kept on topic/listened to him. I've had many conversations with him and tried to explain to him that he isn't always as easy as he thinks he is to understand, leading to people just skipping over whatver he says, but he can be a bit like a mild TStael...stubborn and just saying people should "READ IT BETTER!" or something.
Oh that's true, sometimes he says very confusing things.
And I'm not sure if it's just a translation problem.

Anyway I didn't expect him to freak out, knowing the forum situation..
Post edited November 19, 2016 by phaolo
phaolo: Anyway I didn't expect him to freak out, knowing the forum situation..
I'm sure everybody said the same thing about gunsynd.
And Sachys.
And tin-...ok, he came back, but still.
And mrkgnao.
And CarrionCrow.
The person above me should be banned because I don't see gold in his avatar.

Oh wait, wrong thread.
Gnostic: Oh wait, wrong thread.
I'll ban you for that!