It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

As we step into the month of June, we wanted to take a moment to acknowledge and celebrate something very important: Pride Month.

Pride Month serves as a reminder of the progress we have made towards creating a more equitable and inclusive society, as well as the work that still lies ahead. It’s an opportunity for us to reflect on the importance of celebrating and embracing the diverse identities and experiences that enrich our lives with different perspectives. At GOG, we firmly believe that diversity and inclusion are not just buzzwords, but fundamental principles that drive innovation, foster collaboration, and enable us to simply grow as people, as well.

To celebrate Pride Month, our queer team members selected the variety of games containing LGBTQAI+ themes and characters, all available on GOG. Inclusive environments and diverse characters create a safe space to have fun and express yourself for all kinds of gamers!

This time, we decided to choose a slightly different approach, to make browsing LGBTQAI+ games much easier; instead of just one collection, we created a whole page and divided it into categories.

Among such, we’ve created a list of games containing masculine romance representation – we’ve gathered all the games we could think of that include romance representation between male characters. Whether it’s Kerry Eurodyne in Cyberpunk 2077, Kim Kitsuragi in Disco Elysium, or Nailsmith in Hollow Knight, we tried our best to get them all! If you have any other recommendations that slipped our attention though, feel free to share them with us.

Another category you’ll notice is, of course, a set of games containing female romance representation. Through the emotional story of Unpacking, walking alongside protagonists of Life is Strange, getting to know Undyne in Undertale, and even more – we’re sure they’ll all steal your hearts!

In Choose-Your-Gender category, we’ve gathered games that allow you to play around and choose your gender representation in the virtual world freely. It’s a great way to explore your own identity, as well as try to put yourself in other people’s shoes – all while being in the safety of your own game, NPCs, without an ounce of worry about judgement.

Last but not least, we’re proud to present a list of games featuring transgender characters. Representation of trans people in video games is just as important as in any other media – and we couldn’t be happier to see the number of them slowly growing. Meet Claire ( Cyberpunk 2077), Sam ( Normal Lost Phone), Jackie ( Night in the Woods), and many more!

Let’s celebrate Pride Month – and together, make love last forever!
my name is catte: Keep it up GOG, eventually the haters will show themselves out.
People are here primarily for the games I expect as opposed to GOG's stance on that otherwise. Nobody is going to show themselves out and away from their game library due to an annual exceptional notice of one group or another for those within being who they are.
kai2: something between him and God.
With this you have said it all. Something between him/her and God. All the others don't have any right to judge.
toma85: And this is basically the problem. The hate won't go away. It is present all over the internet. A thread about games won't change anything.
kai2: Got a story for you...

I grew up in a very religious... and very small town.

We had one church.

And that church had an organist...

... who was gay.

He always had his little dog beside him... along with his male companion... and enough rings on his fingers to make Liberace envious.

But he was a great organist... a nice person... and NO ONE CARED.

Sure, most of the congregation didn't agree with that "lifestyle," but no one was going to confront him about what they saw as something between him and God. And he wasn't about to confront them on their beliefs.

If he'd have been an activist, there certainly could have been a fight to change each other... but he wasn't... and they didn't.

In fact when he got sick the entire congregation pitched in to help him.

My point?

I'll let you devine that... or not
That's a lovely story

And you know what

If every LGBT+ person across the world for the last 50 years could all tell a similar story, Pride wouldn't exist.

But here's why it does

If your Organist wanted to marry his partner, the priest wouldn't have gone "Well I had fish last Friday and I'm currently wearing a poly-blend, you know what we don't always take the Bible verbatim, lets get you guys hitched!", because he didn't have equality.

When you organist was sick, his partner had no legal right to know his medical condition, to be there at his side, he'd could have been treated like a total stranger and been able to do nothing about it. And if he died, would have no right to his estate.

And for most LGBT+ people for a very long time, they didn't get any kind of acceptance. They suffered harassment and attacks, even murder.

My daughter born in 2000 had abuse for having short hair and holding hands with her girlfriend.

So yes, you have a nice story of acceptance, but thats all it is.
LU2004: please stop pushing this agenda, not everyone agrees with it.
PaterAlf: And yet you willingly opened this thread. Is it that hard to ignore stuff you don't like or agree with?
Is it so hard to remember that freedom of expression is an important element of the comparatively free world that shouldn't be critiqued when exercised with civility?
mechmouse: Being LGBT+ is as political as having red hair or being left handed.
neumi5694: No.
There is no red haired community and also no left handed community.

One can be straight, lesbian, gay whatever. If you want to talk about what you are, use the right names for it.
You can even say "anything but straight".

But "LGBT+" (give or take some additional letters) has become a political term. It defines a group - very often called a 'community' - and it's members keep repeating that they are part of that a community. The moment you claim to be part of a community and want something in the name of that community, it's political. There was already a political group behind it before the term was even used.
What is political are some of their specific legit demands and those are fought by some Political Parties not by the LGTBI movement itself. Anyways I do not consider it a bad thing, it is the only legit way to achieve something. Like the rest of the society does
Being Gay, Lesbian or the "demands" of normalization, respect and visibility without being threated are pure human rights. More a bare minimum than proper poltics

This date per se is just a Celebraton and a recognition. It is what it wants to be yearly
mechmouse: But if red heads were banned from appearing in public, and had to fight for equal rights, they would be.

The point is no-one chooses to be Gay or bi or Trans, no more than they choose to be blonde,its their oppression that makes them political, not their existence.
Then it would become a political movement, that is right. Fighting for rights is political. Btw, did anyone tell you not to appear in public?

One doesn't chose to be gay, one doesn't chose to be trans, but it is a choice to be part of the LGBTXYZ+ community (or ABS: anything but straight), there is at least one poster here, who very much doesn't want to be identified with them.

This community very specifically excludes those who are neither of these things. It's not like a bowling club. Like no one choses to be gay, no one choses to be straight and excluded from this group that drools so much for attention.
If one wants the same rights for all, all must be included and not just those with a specific sexual orientation. How can one expect acceptance for a group that specifically excludes the biggest part of the population? Of course those being excluded develop resistance, that's only natural thing. Just like the non straights, the straights don't want to be excluded either.
One wants to be treated the same way as all others, still he puts a lot of effort into showing that he is different. Most people don't care at all what you are, but you keep rubbing it in their face. The son of one of my cousins is gay, another cousin became muslim so he could marry his love ... so what? They don't make a big deal out of it, they are still the same people as always. They don't need to run around and announce it to everyone. Of course it helps to know that alcohol is a nono for a muslim, but I don't drink alcohol either (by choice), I am also glad if people don't even try to offer me some.

Remember the suffragettes? That were the first women who openly fought for their right to vote. Being a woman is not political, being a suffragete was.

You might not agree with what I said here and that's perfectly ok. That's just my view on things, usually I don't talk so much about it.

But don't you ever claim that LGBTQ+ is not political, because no matter who you blame for it, it is very much so.
Post edited June 07, 2023 by neumi5694
mechmouse: For those claiming "Politics"
Being LGBT is as political as being left handed or having brown eyes.
ciemnogrodzianin: Is being left handed or having brown eyes also a cause for pride and celebration?
Why not? Everything else is.
mechmouse: But if red heads were banned from appearing in public, and had to fight for equal rights, they would be.

The point is no-one chooses to be Gay or bi or Trans, no more than they choose to be blonde,its their oppression that makes them political, not their existence.
neumi5694: Then it would become a political movement, that is right. Fighting for rights is political. Btw, did anyone tell you not to appear in public?

One doesn't chose to be gay, one doesn't chose to be trans, but it is a choice to be part of the LGBTXYZ+ community (or ABS: anything but straight), there is at least one poster here, who very much doesn't want to be identified with them.

This community very specifically excludes those who are neither of these things. It's not like a bowling club. Like no one choses to be gay, no one choses to be straight and excluded from this group that drools so much for attention.
If one wants the same rights for all, all must be included and not just those with a specific sexual orientation. How can one expect acceptance for a group that specifically excludes the biggest part of the population? Of course those being excluded develop resistance, that's only natural thing. Just like the non straights, the straights don't want to be excluded either.
One wants to be treated the same way as all others, still he puts a lot of effort into showing that he is different. Most people don't care at all what you are, but you keep rubbing it in their face. The son of one of my cousins is gay, another cousin became muslim so he could marry his love ... so what? They don't make a big deal out of it, they are still the same people as always. They don't need to run around and announce it to everyone. Of course it helps to know that alcohol is a nono for a muslim, but I don't drink alcohol either (by choice), I am also glad if people don't even try to offer me some.

Remember the suffragettes? That were the first women who openly fought for their right to vote. Being a woman is not political, being a suffragete was.

You might not agree with what I said here and that's perfectly ok. That's just my view on things, usually I don't talk so much about it.

But don't you ever claim that LGBTQ+ is not political, because no matter who you blame for it, it is very much so.
Those who legislate against us make it political, not us. Dont get your panties in a bunch over it.
BreOl72: "Live and let live!" - that's my motto.

For as long as your lifestyle doesn't hurt me (or anyone else) - I don't give a flying fuck, whatever you do.
Putting aside whether or not it affects others, I just want to say this to both the conservatives or liberals who are hedging on this and playing at neutrality: this sentiment is actually hateful.

I care if people are harming themselves, and not just others.

And take note: neutrality is a myth. Some people here have figured this out, so make your choice.
SarahGabriella: Those who legislate against us make it political, not us. Dont get your panties in a bunch over it.
No matter who you blame, it is political. Don't act as if it isn't. Not all gay people are automatically part of this group or even want to be. It is a choice, the group was formed to be political.

ps: I am also part of a minority that has to fight for their rights, we are at a good point, but even after 105 years we still struggle. At least for about 70 years now we can have our own schools again, which were forbidden before and the UNO supports our cultural equality. It was not always as peaceful as it is now (I'm talkiong about bombs, torture and firefights here), but there are still tension between the people in our region and also between our region and others, which we have to endure every day, which cost a lot of our energy just for being who we are.
kai2: I won't get into "should they?" or "shouldn't they?"...

... but...

... I will say that I really hate GOG setting up a sale...

... and...

... half the games listed aren't discounted.

This has been a growing issue with GOG "sales," but it definitely looks like this is the most egregious example.

GOG...

... "sale" and "for sale" are NOT the same thing. And if "Celebrate Pride Month" isn't a sale...

... stop listing it on the store page with the other sales!

Should I have gotten the message when my Support ticket about this practice -- non-sale games listed on "sale" pages (which at the time I thought was a mistake) -- never garnered a response?

*sigh*

Why do you make it so hard to love you GOG?
Thats because GOG isnt pro LGBT+, theyre pro making money. Pandering to us gets them that because enough LGBT+ will buy into it. Same thing with Target and Bud Light in the US. Those companies donate to the GOP. If GOG cared, they would put LGBT+ games on sale, include more games and try to get games on here that arent here yet. And if diversity actually mattered to them, they would do the same for Black History Month.
Lodium: Ah, here we go again with the innocent claim

The claim that LGBTQ+.comunity
or people around this or the medical industry doesnt hurt anyone is a lie

Theres people that have regrettet transitioning that have told the public how much the process have hurt them personally
but they can never get their normal body back

Therees also bullys on the LGBTQ+. side that do mockery and death treaths and other such stuff against such people
This also happens towards medical proffesiolals that dares to speak out about the negative impacts of transitioning

So dont come with this crap that LGBTQ+.activism doesnt hurt people
It clearly does
That makes complete sense.

Obviously, most of the LGBTQ+ community have surgery and of course indoctrinate a great many people who otherwise have no inclination to do so to have expensive, very personal, life-altering surgery.

It is a given that you'll have lines of people going "Well, the surgery was a spur of the moment thing, the guy explaining it was just so charming that I had to try it out, didn't know it would be permanent". That's totally a major social risk. Most people I know are just so eager to go under the knife... they just can't contain themselves...

You'll have to forgive the sarcasm, but this train of thought it kind of absurd to me. I'm sure it will happen in a very small minority of cases, but life doesn't tend to be tailored around small minority cases, otherwise society would stop being functional. Nothing is perfect.

For the overwhelming majority of people who go though it, I'm sure they've given it a lot of thought and it is the right course for them. This tends to be the medical consensus as well.
Post edited June 07, 2023 by Magnitus
neumi5694: But don't you ever claim that LGBTQ+ is not political, because no matter who you blame for it, it is very much so.
This seems like a problem of semantics. When I see LGBT+, I think of a name for a group of people with some things in common before I think of a political movement.

[Modded.]
Post edited June 08, 2023 by Clownski_
HappyPunkPotato: This seems like a problem of semantics. When I see LGBT+, I think of a name for a group of people with some things in common before I think of a political movement.
One of the posters here has that in common but doesn't want to be connected with LGBT+.

As I already said: women and suffragettes.
The one is a common genetic property, the other one is a common (ideologic?) goal.

The moment you want something as or for a group, you are becoming political. Even if you say: "I as a man (or woman), want ...", you are political.

neumi5694: Then it would become a political movement, that is right. Fighting for rights is political. Btw, did anyone tell you not to appear in public?

But don't you ever claim that "LGBT+ is not political, because no matter who you blame for it, it is very much so.
Why are people acting like Gay and lesbian people are the same thing as Trans people?
They are not
Many gay and lesbians feel their struggle have been hijacked by the additonal letters
and they dont nececarly agree with all the acttion of the "LGBT+ comunity as a whole
Post edited June 07, 2023 by Lodium