It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

jamyskis: Looking at Facebook, I already see the neo-nazi twits talking about invoking civil war and bombing parliament. This is what that pathetic shitsack of a country has descended to.
Breja: Oh please. There is no need for talk like that, because of some extremists on facebook for fuck's sake. I doubt you'd find a single country on Earth without them (except for someplace like North Korea :P)
They aren't going to do anything over there because they are too busy planning mass attacks next Tuesday over here.
jamyskis: Looking at Facebook, I already see the neo-nazi twits talking about invoking civil war and bombing parliament. This is what that pathetic shitsack of a country has descended to.
Breja: Oh please. There is no need for talk like that, because of some extremists on facebook for fuck's sake. I doubt you'd find a single country on Earth without them (except for someplace like North Korea :P)
Yes there is:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech_laws_in_the_United_Kingdom
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_Justice_and_Public_Order_Act_1994

Only funny that quite often those right wing extremist do get a 'do not go to jail'-card and others don't. What they do is threatening the civil order and the police has every right to just walk in there and arrest them.
I have been in London after the bombing in the docklands and I have seen how they search cars without any warrant and similar. I was NOT searched as I was driving my German registered car. I had a quite long talk with one of the bobbies who explained this a bit better.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_Docklands_bombing
I was there one day later there. I shall have been there the day before.
Goodaltgamer: ...I was NOT searched as I was driving my German registered car. I had a quite long talk with one of the boobies who explained this a bit better.
well das racist. all cops should be checking out my flat boobs whether i'm germanic or not.
dick1982: well das racist. all cops should be checking out my flat boobs whether i'm germanic or not.
Beside that I have no idea of what you are trying to say, if you do have something to say.
Goodaltgamer: ...I was NOT searched as I was driving my German registered car. I had a quite long talk with one of the boobies who explained this a bit better.
dick1982: well das racist. all cops should be checking out my flat boobs whether i'm germanic or not.
Over here Trump has stated that if elected he wants to bring back the right for police to single out and search civilians based on racial profiling.
Goodaltgamer: Beside that I have no idea of what you are trying to say, if you do have something to say.
I guess you didn't have to check your aryan indian privileges.
tinyE: Over here Trump has stated that if elected he wants to bring back the right for police to single out and search civilians based on racial profiling.
Oh lovely.....
What is next? Bringing back slavery? Making woman second class citizens again?

And does this not constitute as hate speech?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech#United_States
Even Scalia said :“The reason why fighting words are categorically excluded from the protection of the First Amendment is not that their content communicates any particular idea, but that their content embodies a particularly intolerable (and socially unnecessary) mode of expressing whatever idea the speaker wishes to convey”

And did not a lot of riots did happen this way?

I really like Santayana:
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"
"Only the dead have seen the end of war"
Two quite fitting phrases of him.
tinyE: Over here Trump has stated that if elected he wants to bring back the right for police to single out and search civilians based on racial profiling.
Goodaltgamer: Oh lovely.....
What is next? Bringing back slavery? Making woman second class citizens again?

And does this not constitute as hate speech?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech#United_States
Even Scalia said :“The reason why fighting words are categorically excluded from the protection of the First Amendment is not that their content communicates any particular idea, but that their content embodies a particularly intolerable (and socially unnecessary) mode of expressing whatever idea the speaker wishes to convey”

And did not a lot of riots did happen this way?

I really like Santayana:
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"
"Only the dead have seen the end of war"
Two quite fitting phrases of him.
Well the KKK has officially endorsed him, and they along with the Aryan Front have promised to have groups stationed at polling places country wide to prevent and 'dissuade' minorities from voting.
dick1982: I guess you didn't have to check your aryan indian privileges.
You really must have a magic crystal ball in your dick-name. Plus: You have no idea what nonsense you just written, or?
If you refer to Aryan in its original meaning, no need to post indian with it, you know, redundant, if you ever heard this word?
If you wanted to assume the way how it was used by Nazi Germany, you just showed you have no idea what you are drooling about as the use of indian together with Aryan turns your whole post into utter nonsense.

Do you know the difference between for nothing and for free?
tinyE: Well the KKK has officially endorsed him, and they along with the Aryan Front have promised to have groups stationed at polling places country wide to prevent and 'dissuade' minorities from voting.
This doesn't so unusual to what happened (as some of the GOPs like to phrase it) in the good old days when the first non-whites were allowed to vote. But it really surprises me that the UCLA and similar are not already filling cases though.

I think this last sentence of mine is true for them as well.
Post edited November 03, 2016 by Goodaltgamer
dick1982: I guess you didn't have to check your aryan indian privileges.
Goodaltgamer: You really must have a magic crystal ball in your dick-name. Plus: You have no idea what nonsense you just written, or?
If you refer to Aryan in its original meaning, no need to post indian with it, you know, redundant, if you ever heard this word?
If you wanted to assume the way how it was used by Nazi Germany, you just showed you have no idea what you are drooling about as the use of indian together with Aryan turns your whole post into utter nonsense.

Do you know the difference between for nothing and for free?
tinyE: Well the KKK has officially endorsed him, and they along with the Aryan Front have promised to have groups stationed at polling places country wide to prevent and 'dissuade' minorities from voting.
Goodaltgamer: This doesn't so unusual to what happened (as some of the GOPs like to phrase it) in the good old days when the first non-whites were allowed to vote. But it really surprises me that the UCLA and similar are not already filling cases though.

I think this last sentence of mine is true for them as well.
The UCLA us a college in Southern California. Back in the 60s and 70's they won ten NCAA Men's basketball championships, including a record seven strait.
Post edited November 03, 2016 by tinyE
tinyE: The UCLA us a college in Southern California. Back in the 60s and 70's they won ten NCAA Men's basketball championships, including a record seven strait.
ACLU.......IHA
Gnostic: The establishment aren’t even keeping up the pretence of democracy anymore.

Your votes does not matters.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3898716/D-Day-Brexit-Britain-s-exit-EU-DELAYED-landmark-court-case-rules-Theresa-start-EU-talks-without-MPs-vote.html
That happens if you do not have a written constitution and decide to ask the people in an officially non-binding referendum. Then it can happen that voting doesn't really matter, although, if parliament decides... these people were elected too. What you probably mean is that direct singular voting is challenged because the legal terms of the referendum were so unclear. All these questions now asked, could have been answered already a long time ago. It's a bit unfortunate that they discover this only now.

Anyway it's just the high court, let's see what the supreme court has to say about it. And even then it's not sure the parliament will act against the popular vote. I think they would probably just agree, maybe with some demands on how to actually do it.

People voted for Brexit, but let's face it, they didn't know what kind of Brexit they wanted nor what deal they can realistically expect. Did the 350 million pounds each week already materialize? I don't think so and they never will.

A strong Parliament is in principle something I like very much. They should have made the terms of the referendum much clearer right from the beginning.

What I would like most, would be a second referendum right before the end of the negotiations when it's clear what kind of deal can be made. This would be much better direct democracy than this singular referendum where just a small group decided what and when to ask. Maybe a year before or a year later the result would have been the other way around. Not that I don't respect the outcome of the referendum, but one should see the weaknesses of the whole procedure as clear as possible.
Post edited November 03, 2016 by Trilarion
jamyskis: Seems to me that the far right in particular (but also the far left) are quick to scream democracy when it suits them but really don't give two flying fucks about the rule of law and the integrity of parliamentary democracy when it doesn't fall in their favour.
Irony level is ABOVE 9000!!! lol
Trilarion: That happens if you do not have a written constitution and decide to ask the people in an officially non-binding referendum. Then it can happen that voting doesn't really matter, although, if parliament decides... these people were elected too. What you probably mean is that direct singular voting is challenged because the legal terms of the referendum were so unclear. All these questions now asked, could have been answered already a long time ago. It's a bit unfortunate that they discover this only now.

Anyway it's just the high court, let's see what the supreme court has to say about it. And even then it's not sure the parliament will act against the popular vote. I think they would probably just agree, maybe with some demands on how to actually do it.

People voted for Brexit, but let's face it, they didn't know what kind of Brexit they wanted nor what deal they can realistically expect. Did the 350 million pounds each week already materialize? I don't think so and they never will.

A strong Parliament is in principle something I like very much. They should have made the terms of the referendum much clearer right from the beginning.

What I would like most, would be a second referendum right before the end of the negotiations when it's clear what kind of deal can be made. This would be much better direct democracy than this singular referendum where just a small group decided what and when to ask. Maybe a year before or a year later the result would have been the other way around. Not that I don't respect the outcome of the referendum, but one should see the weaknesses of the whole procedure as clear as possible.
How many times did the UK vote to go into the EU? By simple majority?
richlind33: ... How many times did the UK vote to go into the EU? By simple majority?
I don't know if there was a simple majority or some other limitation, one can probably check it out. The equivalent question would be if there was a vote of Parliament too. Was there?