It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Herzlich Willkommen!

GOG.com goes German. Not completely, mind you, but starting today we'll be spreading our DRM-free love in one more language. Whether you're here because of the news, or you've been with us for a while, here is what we're doing to make our German speaking friends feel a little more welcome on GOG.com:

-A German version of our website. You can change your language using the drop-down menu towards the bottom of every page.
-A German corner of our forums. Your home away from home.
-German customer support. If you're more comfortable talking to us in your native language.
-More games in German. We're rolling out 25+ German localisations for our games today, bringing the total up to 350+.

No big announcement would be complete without a huge sale! This weekend we're holding the German-riffic <span class="bold">Herzlich Willkommen!</span> promo. The highlight is a ridiculous 97% off Deponia, but there are over 25 other German gaming hits available as well. There is adventuring with the remaining Deponia games, the cult strategy of The Settlers, the tough and turn-based tactics in Blackguards 1 and 2, and many, many more feats of German game design.

Check out <span class="bold">the weekend promo page</span> to see the full lineup. The promo will last until Tuesday, March 3, at 4:59 AM GMT.

Update:
Two games from our catalog had to be made unavailable in Germany: Commandos Ammo Pack and Commandos 2+3. Offering or promoting these games is considered a serious criminal offence according to German law, and we have to abide by this law to avoid the risk of serious legal action taken against GOG.com and GOG.com employees. Rest assured that if you've already bought a game - nothing will retroactively disappear from your shelves.
Post edited February 27, 2015 by Chamb
JudasIscariot: Go to the main page or any other page than the English Gen. Discussion forum and you'll see a language setting at the bottom of the page where you can change your preferred language :)
Klumpen0815: Done, thanks.

Any idea what I can do about this weird avatar bug?
Not sure what's going with the avatars so please send a Support ticket :)
Shambhala: I remember that there was a way to skim a thread by showing only staff posts, could someone be so kind to remind me how it was done?
Click the little gear icon to the right of the thread title :)
JudasIscariot: It should AFAIK :)
Crackpot.756: Hm. It did at first but now it doesn't want to anymore.
Right after the change I set it to English while logged in. Because I have PaleMoon clear all data on exit, every time I visit GOG again it's in German, but until a few days ago it did indeed switch to English once I signed in.
Is that one of the things that just are a bit wonky right now because of the sale? :p
This might be a part of the personalization options that we nay have had to turn off during the sale to decrease server load but I am not 100% sure :)
GOG.com: -More games in German. We're rolling out 25+ German localisations for our games today, bringing the total up to 350+.
weber1980: Which are those 25+ German localisations ?
Here you go :)

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/bherzlich_willkommenb_gogcom_goes_german_163a1/post14/?staff=yes
born3088: There is a mistake on the gamecards. When you go to the right hand side of the gamecards for Splinter Cell and Far Cry 1(these were the only ones that I checked), it says under languages " Audio and text: English. Text only: Deutsch". It It is not clear whether the German audio is included as well.
If it doesn't mention "Audio and text <language name>" for a given language then rest assured that you are only getting the subs for that language :)
JudasIscariot: If it doesn't mention "Audio and text <language name>" for a given language then rest assured that you are only getting the subs for that language :)
born3088: Sorry, my bad. I initially assumed that the German audio files would also be added and that the gamecards are just not up-to-date. Thanks for clarifying :)
You're welcome :)
weber1980: Great ! Looking forward to the german The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav lokalisation, which is a bit paradox since it's a german game. Any news to that?
You should actually ask Daedalic about that one as I really have no idea what's going on with the German localization of TDE: Chains of Satinav. Sorry :(
Post edited March 05, 2015 by JudasIscariot