It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

......................... on Steam. You need the Steam version to play it. Oh and Deus Ex GOTY is currently on sale for $1.39 there. Coincidence? CONSPIRACY!? *puts on trenchcoat* I think so!
high rated
That's it, I'm joining the NSF (No steam Front)
high rated
There's also another thing. Two things in fact.

1. They plan a stand alone installer.

2. Requires Steam to register.

Source: https://twitter.com/CausticCreative/status/653981574871019520

Fricking yaaay. A fuckin mod with a DRM slapped on it.

and if it's true that GOG made a weekend sale with Square Enix games on it for the sake of this mod...that's just a frickin backstab from these modders.

EDIT: Also, forgot to mention, you still need to buy Deus Ex 1 at Steam in order to play it. Even if it's a standalone installer
Post edited October 13, 2015 by Spy_Gentleman
When they said, in their July 9 news update, that they were waiting on other people 'to make something cool happen', I assumed it would be, you know, something good.

DRM isn't cool!
GOG tweeted about this release and encouraged to buy it here. Seems like some people go for refunds...

I bet they are as much surprised at this point like everyone (I mean - retail and GOGers) else.

Seems like DRM work not only technically (software itself) but also in the mind of the people.
I mean come on - only few people said it have no sense for mod to the game, older than Steam itself, to require it to work.
Buuuuut no, it's only two dollars.
That mean ur diginity is worth that much, drmhead...

Even Call of Chernobyl required retail or GOG version.
SpecShadow: Buuuuut no, it's only two dollars.
That mean ur diginity is worth that much, drmhead...
Indeed, some fanboys have the cheek to insult anyone daring to complain... :/
high rated
Guys...my post from ModDB page:

"Ha-haaa...IT WORKS..IT F***ING WORKS (music as well)...SCREW STEAM :D :D
Folks and I mean CD/GOG version owners (eff u steam fanboys)..use the standalone installer and ignore steam at the end.
Then download Kentie's launcher, extract it into your Deus Ex/System.
Make a copy of the Deusex.exe and rename it to Revision.exe
Now run the Revision.exe..configure it how you see fit...and finally in Data Directories make sure to check everything..you can uncheck BioMod and/or Shifter if you don't want to play with them.
..and that's it. have fun. :D"

..can't post links..google the Kentie's launcher
Bikerdude on the TDM forum noticed that apparently S-E 'authorised' the mod but explicitly does not 'endorse' it. So you get a publisher-backed, Steam-exclusive mod without a publisher's quality control.
Post edited October 13, 2015 by VanishedOne
MrTrigun: Guys...my post from ModDB page:

Folks and I mean CD/GOG version owners (eff u steam fanboys)..use the standalone installer and ignore steam at the end.
Now run the Revision.exe..configure it how you see fit...and finally in Data Directories make sure to check everything..you can uncheck BioMod and/or Shifter if you don't want to play with them.

How does one get this standalone installer you speak of? I'd really like to know!
MrTrigun: Guys...my post from ModDB page:

mcgeehe: How does one get this standalone installer you speak of? I'd really like to know!
From the ModDB page...again..can't post links for some reason. :( Just google: deus ex revision mod db ..it's in the download section.
mcgeehe: How does one get this standalone installer you speak of? I'd really like to know!
MrTrigun: From the ModDB page...again..can't post links for some reason. :( Just google: deus ex revision mod db ..it's in the download section.
Oh awesome, I'll check that out right away. I was under the impression Steam was the only play to download.
Ya it works on GOG
Post edited October 14, 2015 by mcgeehe
MrTrigun: From the ModDB page...again..can't post links for some reason. :( Just google: deus ex revision mod db ..it's in the download section.
mcgeehe: Everything seems to work, except the music? Any ideas? I'm trying a clean install of everything now to make sure something didn't go wrong...
I guess I made something unintentionally when trying to get this to work with trial and error method...I didn't have the music before either..
You know what...try copying everything from Revision/System to Deus Ex/System and backup the DeusEx.int and DeusEx.u just in case..

CORRECTION: Don't copy those files...look into your Documents folder. If there's a Deus Ex folder inside delete it..it contains old paths for everything...should be ok when it's gone
Post edited October 14, 2015 by MrTrigun
glad i read this, almost bought the dumb Steam version.

this should really be talked about more, somebody make a thread in general discussion
thanks
Post edited December 06, 2017 by MiembroPaco