It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I like to play my games in full-screen so when I'm playing a game using DOSbox I go into the conf file and change the full resolution to my monitor's resolution, 1366x768, so the games won't look distorted. However, when I play a game that uses ScummVM, like Beneath a Steel Sky, they look distorted in full-screen and I couldn't find a way to change the full-screen resolution. So could someone tell me how to change the full-screen resolution in games that use ScummVM?
This question / problem has been solved by DeMignonimage
high rated
angrybird285: I like to play my games in full-screen so when I'm playing a game using DOSbox I go into the conf file and change the full resolution to my monitor's resolution, 1366x768, so the games won't look distorted. However, when I play a game that uses ScummVM, like Beneath a Steel Sky, they look distorted in full-screen and I couldn't find a way to change the full-screen resolution. So could someone tell me how to change the full-screen resolution in games that use ScummVM?
ScummVM displays BASS in its original resolution of 320x240. Your graphics card or monitor might have problems displaying this resolution in fullscreen. What you can try is using one of ScummVM's scalers to double or triple that resolution (to 640x480 (2x) or 960x720 (3x))

To do this, open beneath.ini in the game's installation folder with a text editor like WordPad.

In the section [scummvm] add a line

gfx_mode=<scaler>

and set one of the possible scaler modes: Normal, 2X, 3X, 2xSAI, Super2xSAI, SuperEagle, AdvMAME2x, AdvMAME3x, HQ2x, HQ3x, TV2x, DotMatrix (for a comparison see [url=http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/User_Manual/Appendix:_Graphic_filters]here[/url])

For example:
gfx_mode=HQ3x

Save and run the game.
Double check that aspect_ratio=true line in the same section as gfx_mode.
DeMignon: For example:
gfx_mode=HQ3x
An even better one ;)
gfx_mode=2x
Post edited August 09, 2014 by Gydion
Thanks guys! Now my games look a lot better.
angrybird285: I like to play my games in full-screen so when I'm playing a game using DOSbox I go into the conf file and change the full resolution to my monitor's resolution, 1366x768, so the games won't look distorted. However, when I play a game that uses ScummVM, like Beneath a Steel Sky, they look distorted in full-screen and I couldn't find a way to change the full-screen resolution. So could someone tell me how to change the full-screen resolution in games that use ScummVM?
DeMignon: ScummVM displays BASS in its original resolution of 320x240. Your graphics card or monitor might have problems displaying this resolution in fullscreen. What you can try is using one of ScummVM's scalers to double or triple that resolution (to 640x480 (2x) or 960x720 (3x))

To do this, open beneath.ini in the game's installation folder with a text editor like WordPad.

In the section [scummvm] add a line

gfx_mode=<scaler>

and set one of the possible scaler modes: Normal, 2X, 3X, 2xSAI, Super2xSAI, SuperEagle, AdvMAME2x, AdvMAME3x, HQ2x, HQ3x, TV2x, DotMatrix (for a comparison see [url=http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/User_Manual/Appendix:_Graphic_filters]here[/url])

For example:
gfx_mode=HQ3x

Save and run the game.
This worked perfectly to fix my streaming resolution on twitch while playing Beneath A Steel Sky, thanks!
Loooovely!!