For the price of Terminal Velocity™: Boosted Edition, the legacy version of Terminal Velocity will be also added to your GOG library.
Terminal Velocity™: Boosted Edition is now compiled natively inside Infernal Engine to run at maximum frame rate. It uses the original software renderer of the game to draw the graphic as it was released, just with enhancement for widescreen support.
Climb back into the cockpit! Terminal Velocity™: Boosted Edition is a 360-degree combat flight simulator, featuring a variety of different planets to battle across and a high-powered weapon arsenal to aid you in all of the fast-paced action. In the far future, armadas from surrounding systems have suddenly waged war on Earth. You are a pilot from the Ares Squadron, flying the fastest, most dangerous aircraft ever made. You’re outgunned, outmanned, and strapped inside a flying coffin. Are you ready?
Terminal Velocity™: Boosted Edition is more than your routine flight simulation, with combat as the main objective, and a straightforward control layout to thrust you right into the action! Explore nine unique planets, each with three levels, dozens of tunnels, and miles upon miles of terrain to fly over. To support you in battle, you’ll have access to seven destructive spectacular air-to-air and air-to-ground combat scenarios.
- The view distance is majorly enhanced now, the sky rendering code has been updated to reduce jitter in the polygons, and the view is no longer fogged all the time!
- Sound channels are now multiplexed into the 5.1 stream output of DirectSound to give you the full 360 effect intended by the original code with output on a modern audio system.
- Achievements/Trophies are being implemented into the game for the first time! These challenges will truly test the mettle of all pilots.
- Fast-paced flight simulator with combat and a straightforward control layout.
- Nine (9) unique planets, with three (3) levels per planet, dozens of tunnels, and over 400,000 sq. miles of terrain.
- Seven (7) destructive weapons, multiple power-ups, and spectacular air-to-air and air-to-ground combat.
- Enemy ships cast translucent shadows.
- Bank, roll, loop, and thrust bow-first into battles.
© 2023 Ziggurat Interactive, Inc. Terminal Velocity and the Terminal Velocity logo are trademarks of Ziggurat Interactive, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All rights reserved.