“The ancient door crumbles to splinters… Your cleated boot kicks away rotting wood and your sword clears thick cobwebs from your path. Your torch throws darting shadows on damp stone walls… and the Dungeon lies revealed!”
Discover the Dungeon Region, one of the four Kingdoms surrounding the land of Talisman. The expansion adds a new board piece to the main Talisman board, taking you into the dark depths below the land of Talisman.
The Dungeon board is accessed at the Ruins space on the main board. Once in the Dungeon Region your character must follow the normal rules of moving with their die roll, however the board has a set path which they must follow. To leave the Dungeon Region, characters must reach the Treasure Chamber or move backwards through the board and exit at the Ruins space.
Treasure Chamber Space
The Treasure Chamber space is the last space in the Dungeon. It contains vast riches and magical artefacts, but it’s also the lair of the most powerful creature in the Dungeon… the Lord of Darkness. When a character reaches the Treasure Chamber they must encounter the Lord of Darkness.
If the Lord of Darkness is defeated the character may look through the Treasure cards and choose their reward. If a character is defeated they must emerge from the Dungeon with no reward despite their efforts. Darkness never dies… even if the Lord is defeated he will recover his body and be ready to take on his next challenger.
Dungeon Cards are similar to Adventure Cards but can only be encountered when in the Dungeon Region. These cards will trigger new Events, Enemies, Strangers, Objects, Followers and Places.
Winner Takes All
Wearing the Crown isn’t everything, winning with a horde of treasure and gold is. Fight your way through the Dungeon, kill the Lord of Darkness before anyone else and win.
A strong willed and determined warrior with no fear for what the Dungeon may hold. Stubborn in her ways, she’ll fight an opponent until they are truly defeated. When playing as the Amazon:
- You may roll two dice for your movement and choose one of the results to use for your move.
- If you are defeated or have a stand-off in battle you may ignore the result and immediately fight that battle again. Any effects, special abilities, Objects or Spells used or cast in the first battle remain in effect for the second battle. You must accept the result of the second battle.
The Gladiator is a natural-born leader. Followers will fight with him in a bid to help him rise to his true glory. When playing as the Gladiator:
- You begin the game with a Helmet.
- Whenever you use Armour and roll a die to prevent the loss of life you may add 1 to score.
- Whenever you acquire a Follower, they become trained to fight with you during your battle. You may use all, some or none of your followers, adding 1 Strength per Follower. If you’re defeated you may kill one of your Followers may be killed instead in addition to the normal reward.
Born with the gift of magic, the Gypsy’s mysterious fortune-telling abilities help her avoid potentially deadly events. She appreciates what others do not and can learn spells she’s cast aside after only one use. When playing as the Gypsy:
- You begin the game with one Spell.
- Whenever an Event is drawn, you may use your power of foretelling and choose to be unaffected by the Event, all other characters are affected as normal.
- Whenever another character places a Spell on the discard pile, you may take it and add it to your own Spells, if your Craft allows.
- Whenever you discard a Spell, it is placed at the bottom of the discard pile.
Using their extensive knowledge and philosophical mind, the Philosopher is able to make good judgement on the Creatures, Enemies, Object and more that they encounter on their travels. This knowledge allows them to assess situations and look to make the best of them. When playing as the Philosopher:
- You begin the game with one Spell.
- Whenever you land on a faceup Adventure Cards, you may discard one card of your choice that you do not wish to encounter and draw another to replace it, which you must encounter.
- Whenever you draw a Spell you do not wish to keep, you may discard it and draw another to replace it, which you must keep.
Confident in his swordsmanship, encountering other characters or multiple Enemies is a welcome challenge to the Swashbuckler. Surviving the Dungeon will be a simple task for him. When playing as the Swashbuckler:
- When you win a battle during your turn, you may take an extra turn. You may only do this once per turn.
- Whenever you land on the Fields, you may draw two Adventure Cards, instead of one, but you must encounter both cards. If there is a card already on the Fields when you land there, you may draw a second card, but you must encounter both cards.
- After rolling the die when you visit the Tavern, you may add 1 to the score.
“Brave untold dangers, and discover what lies in the darkness beneath the world of Talisman!”
- 128 Dungeon Cards
- 20 Spell Cards
- 10 Adventure Cards
- 10 Treasure Cards
- 1 new Alternative Ending
- 5 New characters
Talisman © Games Workshop Limited 1983, 1985, 1994, 2007. Talisman: Digital Edition © Games Workshop Limited 2020. Games Workshop, Talisman, Talisman: Digital Edition, the foregoing marks’ respective logos and all associated marks, logos, characters, products and illustrations from the Talisman game are either ®, TM and/or © Games Workshop Limited 1983–2020, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. This edition published under license to Nomad Games Ltd. Nomad Games is the registered trademark Nomad Games Limited. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.