It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Can confirm they've given me my DC for Windows and Mac; the Linux hold up is, to my knowledge, a wholly independent issue they've said they're working on. (I've settled for reading the manual for now. :)

Edit: Correction. They have now released the Linux version on my account. Let the games begin.
Post edited October 14, 2015 by MackieStingray
ragnin: So they are going through accounts one at a time to fix it. Sounds like a horrible mess and really makes me hate that this was caused because I backed a game and got a lesser copy out of it. Would not have done that had I know they were going to do their classic and deluxe crap as their standard game choices.
waltc: Regardless of which copy you received as a backer, you'll get the same DC as everyone else. This is a GOG internal-systems snafu--has nothing to do with inXile and backing the game.
Sure it does. None of it would have happened if inXile had just had 1 version of the game or at least a unified version that was sold as the normal game. Instead backers got something different then the base for sale game which I'm not surprised caused problems with GOG's systems. Yes GOG screwed up but it would not have happened if inXile had just given the same copy of the game to backers as the one they have for sale in the store.
My frustration isn't just limited to inXile several other games did the same thing having a bunch of different versions for the same game or handing out a different one to backers. I find it silly and annoying and I've had similar a problem come up before because of it.
waltc: Regardless of which copy you received as a backer, you'll get the same DC as everyone else. This is a GOG internal-systems snafu--has nothing to do with inXile and backing the game.
ragnin: Sure it does. None of it would have happened if inXile had just had 1 version of the game or at least a unified version that was sold as the normal game. Instead backers got something different then the base for sale game which I'm not surprised caused problems with GOG's systems. Yes GOG screwed up but it would not have happened if inXile had just given the same copy of the game to backers as the one they have for sale in the store.
My frustration isn't just limited to inXile several other games did the same thing having a bunch of different versions for the same game or handing out a different one to backers. I find it silly and annoying and I've had similar a problem come up before because of it.
Still don't understand your point...;) The normal release and the DC had to be two separate games...for obvious reasons (like, time in between releases.) The DC we'll get is the same DC game that is now available on the GOG site as a separate game. The problem was that GOG did not properly credit the libraries of kickstart backers who got the game through means other than a cash purchase of the original game through the GOG site. GOG cash buyers of the original game--regardless of which edition they bought--have all received the DC in their libraries; the only reason we haven't received them is because GOG's internal system didn't give us credit for "owning" the game even though we do own it and are entitled to the same DC that everyone else is getting. Soon as GOG rectifies that mistake we will get the same DC as everyone else.
ragnin: Sure it does. None of it would have happened if inXile had just had 1 version of the game or at least a unified version that was sold as the normal game. Instead backers got something different then the base for sale game which I'm not surprised caused problems with GOG's systems. Yes GOG screwed up but it would not have happened if inXile had just given the same copy of the game to backers as the one they have for sale in the store.
waltc: Still don't understand your point...;) The normal release and the DC had to be two separate games...for obvious reasons (like, time in between releases.) The DC we'll get is the same DC game that is now available on the GOG site as a separate game. The problem was that GOG did not properly credit the libraries of kickstart backers who got the game through means other than a cash purchase of the original game through the GOG site. GOG cash buyers of the original game--regardless of which edition they bought--have all received the DC in their libraries; the only reason we haven't received them is because GOG's internal system didn't give us credit for "owning" the game even though we do own it and are entitled to the same DC that everyone else is getting. Soon as GOG rectifies that mistake we will get the same DC as everyone else.
Indeed I don't think we are talking about the same thing. I'm not talking about the Director's cut version at all. I mean the difference between the backer (game only), the classic and the deluxe versions of the game. All I was saying that the backer versions should not even had existed and they should have just stuck with classic and deluxe. The problem as you pointed out happened because we backers got a version that was not part of the normal library of games for GOG. If inXile had not made a difference between the backer and the classic then the problem would probably not have happened because there would not have been that existing odd version of wasteland 2 that only some people had but nobody else and was forgot about because it also wasn't sold in the game store as the Classic and Deluxe versions are. Also I've already got my DC copy so you'll probably be getting yours soon.

On a side note the reviews for Wasteland 2 Director's cut should probably be reset or labeled as being from the older version of wasteland 2 and not the Director's cut.
Post edited October 14, 2015 by ragnin
ragnin: Sure it does...
It is data processing. Bugs get into everything. Making slightly different purchase choices will not protect you from them.
ragnin: Also I've already got my DC copy so you'll probably be getting yours soon.

On a side note the reviews for Wasteland 2 Director's cut should probably be reset or labeled as being from the older version of wasteland 2 and not the Director's cut.
Glad you've got it! I still don't. I went ahead an emailed them about it because frankly I expected to have the game by now...! I agree with your statement about the reviews--I noticed that yesterday--which is weird, considering that the DC is a wholly separate game!

I really like GOG a lot but their automation seems far behind Steam's, lately.
ragnin: Also I've already got my DC copy so you'll probably be getting yours soon.

waltc: Glad you've got it! I still don't. I went ahead an emailed them about it because frankly I expected to have the game by now...! I agree with your statement about the reviews--I noticed that yesterday--which is weird, considering that the DC is a wholly separate game!

I prefer GOG over steam by a great deal but sometimes it comes back to bite me. Really don't like how a lot of games use steamworkshop for mods. Still I hate steam drm even more so unless there is no choice its GOG for me.
Hope you get your game soon.

waltc: Glad you've got it! I still don't. I went ahead an emailed them about it because frankly I expected to have the game by now...! I agree with your statement about the reviews--I noticed that yesterday--which is weird, considering that the DC is a wholly separate game!

Steam has quite a few years leg up on GoG - so it isn't too surprising.
Steam occasionally has patch role out issues in particular regions.

I know a user who couldn't get an update for a game for 4 months.
Though this update involved multiple library branches of a development build - but still. 4 Months before they could access the content due to a distribution issue with a local server.

I am still waiting for my copy of DC also.
In 8 hours it will officially be 48 hours since release.
Post edited October 15, 2015 by xxswatelitexx
xxswatelitexx: I am still waiting for my copy of DC also.
You and me both, brother...
xxswatelitexx: I am still waiting for my copy of DC also.
sirchaox1224: You and me both, brother...
They said in their response ticket to me that if I didn't have it by tonight or tomorrow to contact them about it. Up to you if you want to wait till tomorrow but part of me thinks the reason I got it so quick was the fact I opened a support ticket with them yesterday about it.
ragnin: They said in their response ticket to me that if I didn't have it by tonight or tomorrow to contact them about it. Up to you if you want to wait till tomorrow but part of me thinks the reason I got it so quick was the fact I opened a support ticket with them yesterday about it.
I opened one this morning. I really don't get how this could take so long, if the DC is actually ready to be played; they aren't working on anything other than trying to get it to us, right?
ragnin: They said in their response ticket to me that if I didn't have it by tonight or tomorrow to contact them about it. Up to you if you want to wait till tomorrow but part of me thinks the reason I got it so quick was the fact I opened a support ticket with them yesterday about it.
sirchaox1224: I opened one this morning. I really don't get how this could take so long, if the DC is actually ready to be played; they aren't working on anything other than trying to get it to us, right?
The issue is they have to track down each account one at a time and add it.
There probably is around 10,000 + users.
If each user took 2 minutes. A single person could only do around 150 per day if regular work hours are maintained.
So they would need probably 70 guys working non stop to finish it in a single day.

Anyway since all the variables are unknown it is pretty hard to figure out the proper math. But it is easy to assume they don't have 70 + guys working on getting it done, so its not too surprising it taking so long, but it still sucks.
xxswatelitexx: The issue is they have to track down each account one at a time and add it.
If each user took 2 minutes. A single person could only do around 150 per day if regular work hours are maintained.
So they would need probably 70 guys working non stop to finish it in a single day.

Anyway since all the variables are unknown it is pretty hard to figure out the proper math. But it is easy to assume they don't have 70 + guys working on getting it done, so its not too surprising it taking so long, but it still sucks.
How difficult would it be to just give everyone who has Wasteland 2 a copy of the DC? Which they should be doing anyways? Or whoever has access to WL2 now has access to the DC? It should all be coming from the same pool; if you have access to download WL2, then you should now have access to the DC. I don't know why the backer versions were made into a special case in their systems.

Sorry, just venting, I'm not asking for an actual answer :P
xxswatelitexx: The issue is they have to track down each account one at a time and add it.

sirchaox1224: How difficult would it be to just give everyone who has Wasteland 2 a copy of the DC? Which they should be doing anyways? Or whoever has access to WL2 now has access to the DC? It should all be coming from the same pool; if you have access to download WL2, then you should now have access to the DC. I don't know why the backer versions were made into a special case in their systems.

Apparently its not so simple since they are having to do it one account at a time. Which is why I said it sounded like this was a horrible mess. :p
Hope you get it soon I understand your frustration having had similar things happen to me before.

sirchaox1224: How difficult would it be to just give everyone who has Wasteland 2 a copy of the DC? Which they should be doing anyways? Or whoever has access to WL2 now has access to the DC? It should all be coming from the same pool; if you have access to download WL2, then you should now have access to the DC. I don't know why the backer versions were made into a special case in their systems.

I think its probably due to the version..
What we have is the basic edition.

Basic --> No DC version
Classic --> DC Classic
Deluxe --> DC Deluxe

Since basic isn't actually "Sold" it probably was forgotten such a thing existed.
So probably around that time when they setup the system they were only considering products they actively sold.

It is only 6 am in Poland so I doubt anyone has come to work yet. So we probably have another 3 hours before they start again adding to accounts.