It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
We missed those UT 2k4 multiplayer matches with you, GOGers. Thanks to the huge help of two great GOG.com users and Unreal Tournament fans - Lyranaar/MarckY and SirDariusz, we're happy to announce an Unreal Tournament 2004 server dedicated for GOG Community! Huge thanks goes to both of them - You guys rock!!!
To enter the server you can either use this start up [url=ut2004://78.46.81.26?password=gog]link[/url] or use these details: name: GOG.com Community Server, IP: 78.46.81.26, password: gog.
This is not an official GOG server, but a private initiative for GOG.com's community. If you need any help concerning the server, please contact the administrator at MarckY@abwesend.de
Post edited January 11, 2010 by Cook
Caine123: is there any advantage getting the gog.com version of UT etc.? will galaxy offer new servers?
Unlike the retail CD/DVD version and the steam release, GOG.com offers a DRM and 3rd party free version. You will not need any other software for play the game. It will works on any server, compatible with other versions (maybe with the exception of steam). If you have more than one PC, you can install on them as well, and will able to play on LAN since the GOG.com version has a special CD key.

These aren't that great advantages, but a way more confortable than other versions. All Hail to the best FPS! :)
Is it just me or is the server down?
Knottyboy2k: Is it just me or is the server down?
Yes, I can't connect any of those servers now. The Jailbreak was online some time ago.
I'm hoping that when GOG Galaxy is in full swing, it will allow for cross-play on Steam servers. I want to pick UT2004 here, but the play server issues seem to be littering this forum.
nitroslick: I'm hoping that when GOG Galaxy is in full swing, it will allow for cross-play on Steam servers. I want to pick UT2004 here, but the play server issues seem to be littering this forum.
There are no problems with the UT2004 multiplayer. Ony there are no GOG.com servers. But the game can connect to any other servers too.
nitroslick: I'm hoping that when GOG Galaxy is in full swing, it will allow for cross-play on Steam servers. I want to pick UT2004 here, but the play server issues seem to be littering this forum.
Pityesz: There are no problems with the UT2004 multiplayer. Ony there are no GOG.com servers. But the game can connect to any other servers too.
Not true... There are many servers I can't connect to.
murasame: Not true... There are many servers I can't connect to.
I can connect to any servers without problems. Sometimes it require to register to the stat registry or what is that, but there is no problems. I have the GOG version too.
murasame: Not true... There are many servers I can't connect to.
Pityesz: I can connect to any servers without problems. Sometimes it require to register to the stat registry or what is that, but there is no problems. I have the GOG version too.
I'm a bit new to UT 2004. I recently bought the GoG version and my son meant to play on a couple of servers with a friend who happens to play on steam.

While his friend was able to connect to the servers, he was not able to connect. (We actually play the linux version but I don't think this is related).

Would you be kind enough to tell me what the "stat registry" are ?

PS : Ain't your avatar Fei from the original Xenogears ? That brings back a lot of memories... I was fond of this game back then...
Post edited April 02, 2016 by murasame
murasame: I'm a bit new to UT 2004. I recently bought the GoG version and my son meant to play on a couple of servers with a friend who happens to play on steam.

While his friend was able to connect to the servers, he was not able to connect. (We actually play the linux version but I don't think this is related).

PS : Ain't your avatar Fei from the original Xenogears ? That brings back a lot of memories... I was fond of this game back then...
I don't know if the Windows and Linux versions are cross-compatibles, never tried it. Maybe that is the problem. I had the opposite as problem. I can't play on any non-Steam server with the Steam version. This is why I bought the GOG version.

I don't know the exact name of this "stat registry" thing. It is tracking your activity on the server that has this option enabled. Then they can make statistics for websites from it. Like how many time you win, or how many frags you have. Not every server has this enabled, but it requires an account. But if I remember correctly when you have no account it shows up a registering window. for you. This basically nothing since this only register a name to associate it with the stats for that specific server. However you can't play on that server without it.

Yes, Fei Fong Wong. I found the two CDs during the cleaning, and just played through for the old times' sake. Still a very awesome game. :)
Post edited April 02, 2016 by Pityesz
murasame: I'm a bit new to UT 2004. I recently bought the GoG version and my son meant to play on a couple of servers with a friend who happens to play on steam.

Pityesz: I don't know if the Windows and Linux versions are cross-compatibles, never tried it. Maybe that is the problem. I had the opposite as problem. I can't play on any non-Steam server with the Steam version. This is why I bought the GOG version.

I don't know the exact name of this "stat registry" thing. It is tracking your activity on the server that has this option enabled. Then they can make statistics for websites from it. Like how many time you win, or how many frags you have. Not every server has this enabled, but it requires an account. But if I remember correctly when you have no account it shows up a registering window. for you. This basically nothing since this only register a name to associate it with the stats for that specific server. However you can't play on that server without it.

Yes, Fei Fong Wong. I found the two CDs during the cleaning, and just played through for the old times' sake. Still a very awesome game. :)
Thank you for taking the time to answer so quickly. I don't think the problem is crossplatform related.

I've played on a number of servers with people obviously playing on windows and I've even hosted a server on my Linux distro where windows player were able to connect without a problem.

I've read somewhere else on GOG's forums that it could be related to how the GOG key works.

Here actually : https://www.gog.com/forum/unreal_series/ut2004_cd_key_question/post2
Post edited April 03, 2016 by murasame
murasame: Thank you for taking the time to answer so quickly. I don't think the problem is crossplatform related.

I've played on a number of servers with people obviously playing on windows and I've even hosted a server on my Linux distro where windows player were able to connect without a problem.

I've read somewhere else on GOG's forums that it could be related to how the GOG key works.

Here actually : https://www.gog.com/forum/unreal_series/ut2004_cd_key_question/post2
Wow, so it is cross-compatible, this is a good info.

Yes, I have seen this too, but there was no problem with the default key. for me. Maybe this key is banned from some servers? I have tried again with three servers but I was able to play on it (I must note these was empty servers, I not wanted to disrupt others' game). You should try to request a new key, it solved the problem for others.

I really have no idea what is the matter. I heard that there is a problem like this but never encountered it. It is a tupid idea but try to reinstall the game before requesting new key. Delete everything that has connection to the game: registry keys for the GOG games, folders, and so on. Sometimes it solve the problems.
murasame: Thank you for taking the time to answer so quickly. I don't think the problem is crossplatform related.

Pityesz: Wow, so it is cross-compatible, this is a good info.

Yes, I have seen this too, but there was no problem with the default key. for me. Maybe this key is banned from some servers? I have tried again with three servers but I was able to play on it (I must note these was empty servers, I not wanted to disrupt others' game). You should try to request a new key, it solved the problem for others.

I really have no idea what is the matter. I heard that there is a problem like this but never encountered it. It is a tupid idea but try to reinstall the game before requesting new key. Delete everything that has connection to the game: registry keys for the GOG games, folders, and so on. Sometimes it solve the problems.
Reinstalling won't help as it is a case of banned key and the Gog key will sure remain the same.

Found it ! After trying to connect without success to another server, here is what I found on LamaPunter :

There is a note from Llama Punter Owners on this GUID.

71d5bc2350a20816a36b2cd2c7ee76ec is a GUID that belongs to GoG.com a fantastic website offering NO DRM games.

When you legally buy this game you get the same cd-key as everyone else who buys this. As you can guess with so many people using this cd-key it has triggered our piracy algorythm AND this cd-key is leaked all over the Warez Scene (torrent sites, etc) As you can see below here there are many bans of people cheating from this key. This key will be forever blacklisted end of story.

However you ARE in luck. We have talked with GoG and they said if you LEGALLY bought the game FROM THEM email them from the email you used to buy it with a cd-key request. They will give you a legitimate unused cd-key, but please give them 1-3 days to process it.
Post edited April 03, 2016 by murasame
murasame: Reinstalling won't help as it is a case of banned key and the Gog key will sure remain the same.

Found it ! After trying to connect without success to another server, here is what I found on LamaPunter :

There is a note from Llama Punter Owners on this GUID.

71d5bc2350a20816a36b2cd2c7ee76ec is a GUID that belongs to GoG.com a fantastic website offering NO DRM games.

When you legally buy this game you get the same cd-key as everyone else who buys this. As you can guess with so many people using this cd-key it has triggered our piracy algorythm AND this cd-key is leaked all over the Warez Scene (torrent sites, etc) As you can see below here there are many bans of people cheating from this key. This key will be forever blacklisted end of story.

However you ARE in luck. We have talked with GoG and they said if you LEGALLY bought the game FROM THEM email them from the email you used to buy it with a cd-key request. They will give you a legitimate unused cd-key, but please give them 1-3 days to process it.
So, really the key was the problem. Maybe I never tried connect to dedicated server and this was the reason I was able to join. It is also no problem when we play on LAN. I not really know which server is dedicated but I will try it if I find a dedicated server. Thanks for the info. :)
Pityesz: So, really the key was the problem. Maybe I never tried connect to dedicated server and this was the reason I was able to join. It is also no problem when we play on LAN. I not really know which server is dedicated but I will try it if I find a dedicated server. Thanks for the info. :)
I'm waiting for my key now and wondering if I may use it on my 3 computers home...
murasame: I'm waiting for my key now and wondering if I may use it on my 3 computers home...
You can for sure. The original physical copy I had was usable on two computers, and we was able to connect the same server back then. It will be no problem with your new key.