It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This might be a little confusing so I'll elaborate, when you run setup for this game you can select a different sound device, now obviously they're all emulated but which is the best quality to use? The gravis option gets defaulted to when nothing else works bu I can select the top-most midi option as well which sounds more crisp. If it's possible to get any of the other 'devices' to work which do you guys think is best?
Personally, I would go with the General MIDI option, which is 330h in the setup program in combination with a good soundfont, or good MIDI hardware.
BlunderingFool: This might be a little confusing so I'll elaborate, when you run setup for this game you can select a different sound device, now obviously they're all emulated but which is the best quality to use? The gravis option gets defaulted to when nothing else works bu I can select the top-most midi option as well which sounds more crisp. If it's possible to get any of the other 'devices' to work which do you guys think is best?
No, by default they are not all emulated. The midi port is emulated, but you must have a sound font loaded in or a real midi module or synth hooked up to use the midi options. By default, dosbox will use the crappy Microsoft GS sound font, but you will do much better with a generic sound blaster option. Install BASSMIDI and select that if you don't have a real midi module or synth that is GM compliant. At least it will give you a fairly good GS and XG based GM option. Do not use MUNT for this game ,as I'll describe below why not.

I've tried this game with a number of real midi modules and it sounds great and different on all but one. The MT-32 native or with a GM patch just doesn't sound that good. But the SC-55, and TG100 are both great options. My favorite is the Yamaha MU2000EX in GS mode with optic out. It manages to beat Roland at their own GS game, lol. In short, any GM compliant module or synth will make this game really shine.
Post edited August 28, 2013 by Kodai
BlunderingFool: This might be a little confusing so I'll elaborate, when you run setup for this game you can select a different sound device, now obviously they're all emulated but which is the best quality to use? The gravis option gets defaulted to when nothing else works bu I can select the top-most midi option as well which sounds more crisp. If it's possible to get any of the other 'devices' to work which do you guys think is best?
Kodai: No, by default they are not all emulated. The midi port is emulated, but you must have a sound font loaded in or a realy midi module or synth hooked up to use the midi options. By default, dosbox will use the crappy Microsoft GS sound font, but you will do much better with a generic sound blaster option. Install BASSMIDI and select that if you dont have a real midi module or synth that is GM compliant. At least it will give you a fairly good GS and XG based GM option. Do not use MUNT for this game ,as I'll describe below why not.

I've tried this game with a number of real midi modules and it sounds great and different on all but one. The MT-32 native or with a GM patch just doesn't sound that good. But the SC-55, and TG100 are both great options. My favorite is the Yamaha MU2000EX in GS mode with optic out. It manages to beat Roland at their own GS game, lol. In short, any GM compliant module or synth will make this game really shine.
This is very useful information, thank you!