It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HI all,

We have uploaded a new Mac version of TA: Commander Pack that is compatible with newer version of Mac OS X 10.9. Please visit your game shelf to download the new installer.

Thanks and have a nice day! :)
Thanks again for posting the patch notes
The top quarter of my display flickered a lot unless I held down a key like increase brightness (F2) or Cmd-Tab. This was fixed by starting Total Annihilation in windowed mode. When a map starts it's still full screen.

Quit the game entirely if it's running.

Go to your Total Annihilation Commander Pack.app and right-click it. Choose Show Package Contents and navigate to the following path, starting with Contents.

"/Applications/Total Annihilation Commander Pack.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/Program Files/GOG.com/Total Annihilation/START.BAT"

Right-click START.BAT and hover Open With, then pick Other and choose TextEdit to open with.

Add " -d" behind TotalA.exe like below. Save the file and open Total Annihilation Commander Pack.app again!

TotalA.exe -d
taskkill /F /IM dplaysvr.exe
taskkill /F /IM windevice.exe
jooize: The top quarter of my display flickered a lot unless I held down a key like increase brightness (F2) or Cmd-Tab. This was fixed by starting Total Annihilation in windowed mode. When a map starts it's still full screen.

Go to your Total Annihilation Commander Pack.app and right-click it. Choose Show Package Contents and navigate to the following path, starting with Contents.

"/Applications/Total Annihilation Commander Pack.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/Program Files/GOG.com/Total Annihilation/START.BAT"

Right-click START.BAT and hover Open With, then pick Other and choose TextEdit to open with.

Add " -d" behind TotalA.exe like below. Save the file and open Total Annihilation Commander Pack.app again!

TotalA.exe -d
This gets the game going for me, but the top part is hidden under the menu bar, so I can't see resources.

If I start in full-screen it reverts to 640x480 and my screen can't show it.

Is there a way to move a windowed window?
jooize: The top quarter of my display flickered a lot unless I held down a key like increase brightness (F2) or Cmd-Tab. This was fixed by starting Total Annihilation in windowed mode. When a map starts it's still full screen.

TotalA.exe -d
This fixed all my problems, thank you very much. At the transition from menu to game the graphics would bug out and crash the game. ( I am running Macbook Pro 15" late 2011, OSX 10.9.3 )

TotalA.exe -d
This is no go for me on my 11" Macbook Air. I lose the 1366x768 resolution option and only have 1024x768 available. Also the game window itself is obscured unit the menubar. Can't see resources. It does fix the flickering problem though.

When fullscreen pressing the volume control key fixes the flicker, but clicking again anywhere in the game brings it back.
JudasIscariot: HI all,

We have uploaded a new Mac version of TA: Commander Pack that is compatible with newer version of Mac OS X 10.9. Please visit your game shelf to download the new installer.

It wont work. Any suggestions. Im new to this, thanks.
Attachments:
JudasIscariot: HI all,

provoarts: It wont work. Any suggestions. Im new to this, thanks.
You'll need to send that screenshot to Support as we'll need to investigate this problem further and it looks to be an issue beyond one that can be solved on the forum :)

You could also try reading this post and seeing if this helps you :)

http://www.gog.com/forum/total_annihilation_series/mac_version/post58
Post edited August 15, 2014 by JudasIscariot
provoarts: It wont work. Any suggestions. Im new to this, thanks.
JudasIscariot: You'll need to send that screenshot to Support as we'll need to investigate this problem further and it looks to be an issue beyond one that can be solved on the forum :)

You could also try reading this post and seeing if this helps you :)

http://www.gog.com/forum/total_annihilation_series/mac_version/post58
Thanks, I did and am awaiting reply.
Hi, I have a Mac book pro 2011. I have tried everything from the above post, however I get to the last step and when I try to save the code for the START.BAT, a message comes up saying "the document "START.BAT" could not be saved. The volume is read only".
Please help, I have no idea what to do. Just wanna play this game and it's been such a drama..
Thanks
Bennyz27: when I try to save the code for the START.BAT, a message comes up saying "the document "START.BAT" could not be saved. The volume is read only".
It's likely a permissions issue if you have it installed in /Applications/. Try copying the .app to your home folder first or edit the file with administrator permissions.
Hi,

I downloaded the game, but it runs horribly slow :((

I use a Mac OS X 10.9.5

Please help..
Post edited March 09, 2015 by Markus64
Update the thread? 10.11 is coming out soon....
I just wanted to say that I got TA to work for me on my macbook pro. I have a 2010 MBP with 8GB of ram and 2.4GHZ. I have 10.10.5 installed. The first thing that I did was ensure that I have homebrew installed correctly.

Homebrew: Search homebrew on google

Then I used that to install an updated version of wine and updated quartz to v11. typing brew doctor into terminal is the easiest way to find the link

brew install wine
be prepared to wait a while

I then installed winetricks

brew install winetricks
not as long as wine but it takes a minute

After that I was able to load the game but the resolution was way way off...unplayable. So I went here and followed these instructions to adjust wines settings and the games settings. They recommend 640 x 480 but I have 800 x 600 working just fine.

Aichonic gave these instructions on another post but I can't post the link so here they are. This is his work so give him the credit:

"Ok, I just managed to get it working on Mavericks (10.9.2) at 1920x1080. I make no promises that this will fix everyone’s issues, I make no promises that it’s the best way to do things, and I definitely won’t promise to help troubleshoot. I merely offer this as a set of steps that worked for me.

1) INSTALLING: Download the Mac version available here on GOG (it’s 1.1.0.21, as of today). Mount the disk image and move the app onto your hard disk.

2) INITIAL RUN: Launch the game while holding down the Option key. A Wineskin window should appear.

3) SCREEN OPTIONS: Click "Set Screen Options" on the Wineskin window. In the Screen Options window that appears, do the following:
-- Toggle it from “Automatic” to “Override”
-- Toggle it from “Normal windows” to “Virtual Desktop” and set it to 640x480
-- Click “Done”

4) ADVANCED OPTIONS: Click “Advanced” on the Wineskin window, then do the following:
-- Click "Tools" at the top
-- Click "Winetricks" (underneath "Utilities" in the middle column)
-- Expand the "settings" section
-- Check "ddr=gdi", click the "Run" button, then click “Run” in the dialog window that pops up
-- Wait for it to finish (it will say “Winetricks Commands Finished!!”), then click "Close"
-- Close the “Wineskin Advanced” window

5) IN-GAME OPTIONS: Launch the game normally. My screen blacks out for a few seconds as it changes resolution, but then comes back sometime after the intro Cavedog logo video starts. Once in the game, do the following:
-- Click “Single”
-- Click “Options”
-- Click “Visuals”
-- Set “Screen Size” to your desired resolution (other than 640x480)
-- Click “OK”, then click it again

After that, I’m able to play the game. There may be other issues I haven’t encountered yet, but I was just able to play a complete skirmish match against the AI, so it at least works that well. YMMV."

So let me know what you think about that. Hope this helps someone. Enjoy TA.
Post edited October 09, 2015 by compsciguy
Just paid for the game today... can't play it. :(
I keep getting this message

"An error occurred while starting the X11 server: "Failed to activate core devices."
Click Quit to quit X11. Click Report to see more details or send a report to Apple."

I'm running El Capitan on a 2015 MBP 15" retina.
Do I have to have wineskin?

Thanks for any help...
Attachments: