It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Game really is pretty awesome though, no complaints here

(title references fact that game does not offer a 720p resolution, minimum height = 768)
fjdgshdkeavd: Game really is pretty awesome though, no complaints here

(title references fact that game does not offer a 720p resolution, minimum height = 768)
Is there any way to manually add resolutions in the config files?
As of right now, you can add it in the config file... but it does no good since it just defaults back to 1280x768! Big problem for me since my only gaming computer is on my TV which only natively supports 1080p or 720p and 1080p is just not playable on a 750M SLI setup. I'm getting maybe 20fps on average I guess. REALLY hoping they path the in... but I really can't understand why it's not there in the first place...

Conspiracy theory #1: they didn't put in 1280x720 so that more people with older cards hooked to TV's will go out and buy new ones thinking it's the only way to play it, they were paid off by nvidia and AMD!! ^_^ ;-) (stupid people, or just annoyed people with plenty of extra money!)
nagal: As of right now, you can add it in the config file... but it does no good since it just defaults back to 1280x768! Big problem for me since my only gaming computer is on my TV which only natively supports 1080p or 720p and 1080p is just not playable on a 750M SLI setup. I'm getting maybe 20fps on average I guess. REALLY hoping they path the in... but I really can't understand why it's not there in the first place...

Conspiracy theory #1: they didn't put in 1280x720 so that more people with older cards hooked to TV's will go out and buy new ones thinking it's the only way to play it, they were paid off by nvidia and AMD!! ^_^ ;-) (stupid people, or just annoyed people with plenty of extra money!)
i am wholly in empathy with you indignation regarding the cost of constant pc hardware upgrades.

serious answer:

1. switch full screen mode to "1" or switch it to borderless window from the menu screen. ("real" full screen 720p doesn't work, you are correct.)
2. switch your desktop resolution to 720p
3. now use the config file to switch the game's resolution to 720p. as long as you don't mess with the in-game menus further, it should be fine.
fjdgshdkeavd: i am wholly in empathy with you indignation regarding the cost of constant pc hardware upgrades.

serious answer:

1. switch full screen mode to "1" or switch it to borderless window from the menu screen. ("real" full screen 720p doesn't work, you are correct.)
3. now use the config file to switch the game's resolution to 720p. as long as you don't mess with the in-game menus further, it should be fine.
Good man, I take this guide to the FAQ if you don't mind.
I actually intentionally went from borderless window to a smaller res (1600x900) with proper window. Made alt-tabbing easier and I can reposition the game to give me more screen space for other things.

720p isn't bad at all either, game still looks great. People get anal about so many things in this twitter-era and other conspiracy image fests.
Cool, thanks for a decent work around for now!... I'm still holding out for a bit to see if they patch it in since they really should if they give half a shiate. (my TV setup is very picky when I change any desktop video settings, took a couple hours to get it back right this last time)
fjdgshdkeavd: i am wholly in empathy with you indignation regarding the cost of constant pc hardware upgrades.

serious answer:

mmarci: Good man, I take this guide to the FAQ if you don't mind.
An honor!

Since this topic was better received than I anticipated...I am actually interested in running in 480p (lol). My own above mentioned fix doesn't achieve this because I can't get the desktop res low enough for my tiny 480p window to fill the screen. Does anyone know either (1) a way to get Windows 8 to render a 480p desktop or (2) a way I could stretch or zoom in on a 480p window to make it fill the screen?
holy ham sandwich, i actually figured out how to do it. i highly doubt that anyone else is trying to play this game in 480p, but i'm posting anyway:

if you have AMD & catalyst control center installed, you can right click on it in the taskbar and set a desktop resolution that's lower than windows would otherwise permit. blam. 480 glorious progressive scan lines.

and you know what? this game is LESS demanding than the witcher 2. i get better fps etc.
fjdgshdkeavd: holy ham sandwich, i actually figured out how to do it. i highly doubt that anyone else is trying to play this game in 480p, but i'm posting anyway:

if you have AMD & catalyst control center installed, you can right click on it in the taskbar and set a desktop resolution that's lower than windows would otherwise permit. blam. 480 glorious progressive scan lines.

and you know what? this game is LESS demanding than the witcher 2. i get better fps etc.
For people that want to know how to do this with an nVidia card, open the nVidia control panel and under the Change Resolution section, click the button that says Customize. From the Cusomize window click the Create Custom Resolution button. You can type in any custom resolution you want even it it's lower than what Windows normally offers. It'll do 480p.