It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Having just upgraded to windows 10 I reinstalled The Witcher 3 and GOG Galaxy. Every time I try and start either of them up I get two different error.s One says MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer while another says VCRUNTIMR140.dll is missing from your computer. I've googled both problems and tried different solutions others have provided but to no avail.

Any help fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated.
puck5550: Having just upgraded to windows 10 I reinstalled The Witcher 3 and GOG Galaxy. Every time I try and start either of them up I get two different error.s One says MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer while another says VCRUNTIMR140.dll is missing from your computer. I've googled both problems and tried different solutions others have provided but to no avail.

Both of those files are from Microsoft Visual Studio. Download and install the runtimes from Microsoft.
puck5550: Having just upgraded to windows 10 I reinstalled The Witcher 3 and GOG Galaxy. Every time I try and start either of them up I get two different error.s One says MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer while another says VCRUNTIMR140.dll is missing from your computer. I've googled both problems and tried different solutions others have provided but to no avail.

I wish also to add that Hickory helped me as I downloaded from the discs I purchased he gave me this solution and was a real help maybe its whats needed as the discs gave me the same errors and had to get from Microsoft so I hope you find this post a great help

Ok, the first thing to understand is that Galaxy (if you're using it) is a bug ridden mess at present. I advise you *not* to use it -- uninstall it if you have it. Since individual patches are no longer available, it is imperative that you re-download the current install, the current DLCs and the latest patch. The download time is unfortunate, but unavoidable if you want to play the game. Once you have downloaded everything, install things in this order:

* Main game (v1.10) [parts 1-8]
* Language pack (only if required)
* Patch (1.12.1)
* Free DLC pack (v1.12)
* Expansion Pack (Hearts of Stone) (v1.12)

You may find GOG downloader helpful for downloading.

Hickory: Both of those files are from Microsoft Visual Studio. Download and install the runtimes from Microsoft.
Download Microsoft Visual Studio but the x86 version even if your Window is X64 bit it will solve your problem 100% :)
low rated

hi man, i know how to fix your problem, just replace your file with this one [url=]http://fix4dll.com/vcruntime140_dll[/url]
JohnStarlight: hi man, i know how to fix your problem, just replace your file with this one [url=]http://url.removed.com/vcruntime140_dll[/url]
That is the worst piece of advice I have seen. Do NOT touch this!
Hickory: Both of those files are from Microsoft Visual Studio. Download and install the runtimes from Microsoft.
snakeofshadow: Download Microsoft Visual Studio but the x86 version even if your Window is X64 bit it will solve your problem 100% :)
thank you very much! I know im replying to an old post but it solved my problem, so i wanted to let u know :)
snakeofshadow: Download Microsoft Visual Studio but the x86 version even if your Window is X64 bit it will solve your problem 100% :)
THANK YOU so much dude. I was going insane with this.
low rated
As I can see that you have mentioned after upgrading to Windows 10, you have reinstalled the Witcher 3 but unfortunately, all the time you are getting an error which stated that MSVCP140.dll is missing. However, DLL files are very important and all the required files should be present in the system then only you can continue your game. But do not worry, because now you can easily fix your game error by fixing the error manually. With the help of below link, you will be able to fix DLL error and will be soon able to play the Witcher 3 game in your system:
http://fixdllerror.angelfire.com
try the solutions described in the above link. All the best!!!!
stella11415: ...
***** W A R N I N G *****

This is malware. Do NOT touch this file.
jackadision: ...
***** W A R N I N G *****

This is malware. Do NOT touch this file.
Post edited January 20, 2017 by Hickory
I'm having this problem (not 'missing', but the DLL 'is not designed to run on Windows'.)

I tried running some OS commands to fix DLL's - they didn't find any errors.

I re-booted, still the problem.

Then I found with google a tip to re-install C++ libraries and did and then re-installed galaxy. No fix.

When I try to install Visual Studio, it gets an error, earlier version installed, remove that.

When I go to uninstall, there are like 10 versions of Visual Studio to pick from...
Post edited March 17, 2017 by Craig234
Craig234: I'm having this problem (not 'missing', but the DLL 'is not designed to run on Windows'.)

I tried running some OS commands to fix DLL's - they didn't find any errors.

I re-booted, still the problem.

Then I found with google a tip to re-install C++ libraries and did and then re-installed galaxy. No fix.

When I try to install Visual Studio, it gets an error, earlier version installed, remove that.

When I go to uninstall, there are like 10 versions of Visual Studio to pick from...
I don't know if it will help you, but I was having the missing MSVCP140.dll issue and though I haven't been able to actually fix it, I have found a very easy workaround. All I need to do is disconnect my wifi connection before trying to start GOG Galaxy and it starts normally in its offline mode (as does The Witcher 3). As long as I then leave GOG open, I can then reconnect my PC to wifi, tell GOG to connect to the internet and everything works with full functionality.

Not sure why it works for me, but it does.
low rated

The best place to get fresh dll files: https://dlldownloads.com/vcruntime140-dll/ you should only choose your OS, download file and add it into the right directory.
HildaK: The best place to get fresh dll files: ...dlldownloads.com
Wrong!
I installed both Visual Studio updates and still have the same problem.