It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Zarkiel: Ok, I'm french and I didn't know how to explain my problem in English. I found the word thanks to you !

Well, I have a GTX 770 and I'm stuttering a lot, especially in Novigrad. I have FPS drop too. Nvidia Hairworks is disabled, but I slutter as hell in Novigrad. Really annoying. Can you help me ?
did you fix the problem? try this
https://steamcommunity.com/app/292030/discussions/0/617335934151493875/
Zarkiel: Ok, I'm french and I didn't know how to explain my problem in English. I found the word thanks to you !

Well, I have a GTX 770 and I'm stuttering a lot, especially in Novigrad. I have FPS drop too. Nvidia Hairworks is disabled, but I slutter as hell in Novigrad. Really annoying. Can you help me ?
What's the rest of your setup (CPU, RAM)? Novigrad can be quite heavy on the CPU, because of amount of NPCs. My 4770k sees around 20-30% higher loads around the crowded areas in Novigrad, like Hierarch Square or the Fish Market
, than it does in the smaller villages or the wilderness. It might simply be indicative of your CPU struggling with some utilization spikes.
Post edited September 29, 2015 by k4ZE106

k4ZE106: What's the rest of your setup (CPU, RAM)? Novigrad can be quite heavy on the CPU, because of amount of NPCs. My 4770k sees around 20-30% higher loads around the crowded areas in Novigrad, like Hierarch Square or the Fish Market
, than it does in the smaller villages or the wilderness. It might simply be indicative of your CPU struggling with some utilization spikes.
This game isn't CPU depended.

I lowered my CPU clock from 3,8GHz to 3,1GHz on purpose, and it didn't affect my FPS at all.

My CPU usage never goes above 20~30%, my GPU is always around 80%.

I'm playing with an AMD FX-6300 and AMD R9 280X, I get 60FPS on High Settings, with some stuttering since patch 1.07 came along.
Post edited September 30, 2015 by Kobi_Blade
davidtt: Hello,

I have a lot stuttering when i try to play at 30fps with my gtx 970 on a i5 2500k.
Even if I switch all the graphics option at low.
I try in game option frame caps, nvidia control panel (vsynch half adaptive), but every time i cap the fps at 30, the stuttering occures.
I try the "maximun pre-renderd frame" option at 1, who is greatly working for other game (gta5 of farcry 4), but with The witcher 3, it doesn't work.

Triple buffered doesn't work too

All cinematic stutter like hell too.

Anyone have any idea?

thanks in advance
matthew.shultz: You should definitely be able to do better than low. I've only got a GTX 860M and I can pull off the high settings. I'm assuming you're talking 1080p here, right? Because, I read an article recently about how even the GTX Titan X can't pull off 60 FPS with ever setting on ultra at 1080p. So getting into 4K or something might be a stretch...

A thought I have is whether some other program is causing this. You know... every little application you install wants to put its little process in the background to check for updates or whatever... Once in a while they go bad. This almost always results in stuttering, and I wouldn't rule it out. Maybe keep an eye on your task manager, have it sort by CPU usage. They don't always reveal themselves on the first look. I usually peek at it every 10 or 20 minutes, and sometimes something gives itself away.

I had an anti-virus program that seemed to be causing issues in the background once, on an otherwise capable machine. I believe I found a setting that caused it to turn on most of its features when it detected a game running... It's possible Witcher does some thing or other that makes it a bit suspicious, so it's a bit more active during the Witcher than those other titles.

Good luck!
You have the 860m too? I get 25-35 fps 1080p on medium settings.
I am also having a horrible stuttering problem. It seems to be either random or triggered by particle effects, but it makes the game a jittery mess. Any Ideas as to how to fix it? Ive tried just about every tweak imaginable.
Hi all,

Specifically signed up here to offer a solution to not being able to get witcher 3 to run smoothly on 30 fps. While having enough headroom for both CPU and GPU, like you all I have been looking for a solution practically since launch day. Glad to announce that I seem to have found a stable solution only yesterday, so here goes:

It seems that limiting fps to 30 via MSI afterburner is the only way of getting a stable frame time of 33.3. Still, there's stutter. When I enable vsync ingame or adaptive half refresh rate in nvidia control panel, weirdly enough there's no stutter, but now there's screen tear. This leads me to believe Witcher 3 doesn't quite output 30 fps, but rather 29 and a little bit. Sadly nvidia control panel only offers half refresh as adaptive, and what we really need is non-adaptive half refresh to get that true 30 fps output. So I used nvidia inspector's STANDARD vertical sync tear control and half refresh rate ON TOP of MSI Afterburner's 30 fps limit (nv Inspector doesn't seem to force 30 fps right in witcher 3). Ingame settings are; no vsync, no fps limit and full screen.

Voilà, no more stutter, no more screen tear and a stable 30 fps. It does seem I have to alt-tab out of the game once to get MSI Afterburner to register I launched the game, but after that it's smooth sailing (and killing monsters). If you use these settings and still have no succes, try playing with max rendered frames (higher is smoother but input lag when using M+KB) and set vsync smooth AFR to ON in NV Inspector.

TL;DR: Use STANDARD (instead of adaptive) vsync control AND half refresh rate in NV Inspector, ON TOP of 30 fps frame limit in MSI Afterburner. Ingame settings; no vsync, no fps limit and full screen.

Hope it helps, I for one are happy as a puppy that I can FINALLY play without the hugely annoying hiccups...
I had bad stutters when panning camera around on 970m - no matter low or ultra... until I noticed "GalaxyOverlay.exe" process running in background consuming 12% CPU (8 cores, so yeah... a LOT). So I went and uninstalled "GAME OVERLAY" DLC. Now it's butter smooth with everything on ultra except foliage distance (medium) and shadow quality (high) with some HD texture mods installed...
Post edited June 03, 2016 by MaksL