It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I just checked one of the bigger torrent sites out there and it was crazy to see that in total about 40 000- 50 000 people had or was downloading Wiitcher 2 illegaly.
because people think they deserve things for free. they dont care that people make a living of off making these, they just want their free high.
Tom.Fagerlund: I just checked one of the bigger torrent sites out there and it was crazy to see that in total about 40 000- 50 000 people had or was downloading Wiitcher 2 illegaly.
wayne...
And they use all the "cracked" retail version and not the free gog-version.
What we learned? Copyprotection a sensless (oh what a news *g)
Post edited May 18, 2011 by qupfer
It is sickening especially since CDPR offered a DRM free version here as well as different editions, free dlc and released for PC exclusive right now.

However, this shows the game is very popular and is really taking the gaming industry by storm. I just hope many of those folks will buy it after trying it because if we want another game like this for pc everyone who wants to play needs to support the devs.
Tom.Fagerlund: I just checked one of the bigger torrent sites out there and it was crazy to see that in total about 40 000- 50 000 people had or was downloading Wiitcher 2 illegaly.
qupfer: wayne...
Then we have them coming here asking for support and help.

Priceless
qupfer: wayne...
Good point! this does show DRM (after release) is useless. It is necessary before release though so that pirates don't get the game weeks in advance.
BlazeKING: It is sickening especially since CDPR offered a DRM free version here as well as different editions, free dlc and released for PC exclusive right now.

However, this shows the game is very popular and is really taking the gaming industry by storm. I just hope many of those folks will buy it after trying it because if we want another game like this for pc everyone who wants to play needs to support the devs.
There will always be though you pirate no matter what, sad fact of life.

You can only hope they will buy it later.
It's going to happen one way or another.

Maybe they'd download it less if they had a demo.
Plenty of those people will eventually buy the Legit version as-well. I have no doubt about that.

And a bunch of people who download it illegally would never buy in anyway. So basically it's not really an all that big of a number. Definitely not going to hurt the overall sales too much.
Gvaz: It's going to happen one way or another.

Maybe they'd download it less if they had a demo.
Or maybe CDPR might do as Stardock and offer a license for them to become a legit owner! Those who like the game may buy it anyway.
BlazeKING: It is sickening especially since CDPR offered a DRM free version here as well as different editions, free dlc and released for PC exclusive right now.

I was a bit shocked to see that so many was downloading the game illegaly. I just hope that atleast 10% of them buy the game.

Tom.Fagerlund: I was a bit shocked to see that so many was downloading the game illegaly. I just hope that atleast 10% of them buy the game.
Considering they even gave 5 bucks off the game to preorder and arn't like the current pc gaming trend of making games 60, it's sad people have to pirate it.
So?
La noire has been getting pirated alot aswell
who cares? You make it sound like all those people would buy the game - they're only downloading it because they can.
Tom.Fagerlund: I was a bit shocked to see that so many was downloading the game illegaly. I just hope that atleast 10% of them buy the game.
Leondres: Considering they even gave 5 bucks off the game to preorder and arn't like the current pc gaming trend of making games 60, it's sad people have to pirate it.
Yea 45 bucks for this game is nothing, especially when you paid 60 dollars for a crappy rpg-game in mars.