Finished Deus Ex HR, nice game but CDPR do better stuff :P
Yeah, I am playing it too and compared to The Witcher 2, especially in terms of character's depth & personality, DE is a fekking joke, srsly.
It has strong points, augments are nice, controls are sharp and well thought of and stealth missions are really satysfying, but overall it's no more than 7/10 in my book.
Oh, and the AI...it's plain dumb.
just finished the game now (had got my copy on Friday evening_night and the damn mandatory steam requirement).
I'd rate the game 6/10 for a PC game, if I played the game on a console I would rate it 8/10.
Deus EX Human Revolution is a totally dumb'ed down console game, felt the game was extremely restricted on all fronts.
*may contain spoilers* What I liked:
1. Sounds and Music
2. Starting cinematic when Adam gets operated and the game opens us with an FMV...
3. Bullet curving Mod for Combat Rifle/Machine Pistol (yeah, I liked this.. :D ) What I didn't like:
1. level/stage design is constricted!, small in comparision (expected it would be more of open spaces, the NY sewers in the first Deus Ex game owns all the locations in Deux Ex HR)
2. Most of the alternative paths in level/stage design appear to be placed precisely to only harbor that specific augmentation(s) and the way its placed in the game mentions that its there only for this requirement. (the freedom of choosing alternative paths appear to be, not so rewarding!..)
3. Didn't like the way augmentation's were on the character!, just feels the same as assigning skill points to stats (I liked the old search unknown aug for x aug slots with x aug upgrades left for the character, damn..I want it back..)
4. *BIG SPOILER* Game ending..shit.....its bad...the different endings are placed on BIG RED detonator buttons on BIG_something_boxes connected by thick bundles of WIRES..and a 3rd party keeps telling you the choices.. I was like.. what the FUCK*..
5. No replay value
; apart from completing all the achievements on steam. I basically had all the required augmentations and even backtracked same levels with all the* variety of infiltration. Even backtracked with different choices, only to notice that they didn't have much effect in the game/story.
6. And yes, really BAD AI. I was surprised the game NPC's behave worse than the ones in first Commando game , one instance I camped behind a door and gunned down all the hostiles in an area with a 9mm pistol! (cough cough). The AI's don't even put an alarm when they see a dead body..sheesh.. but their AIM is DEAD accurate (99.999%).
- - - - -
Game finished, time to install Deus EX 1 from my old scratched CD and play it again.. ^_^