It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The xbox 360 controller makes this game a lot better, so i would recomment ppl start using it
Foxhunter39: The xbox 360 controller makes this game a lot better, so i would recomment ppl start using it
NEVER. xbox will never touch my PC. period... only pc gamepads
Foxhunter39: The xbox 360 controller makes this game a lot better, so i would recomment ppl start using it
cloud8521: NEVER. xbox will never touch my PC. period... only pc gamepads
To each is own, but it really does help and is a well designed controller
Foxhunter39: To each is own, but it really does help and is a well designed controller
As you said, to each their own. I used mine for about an hour before I wanted to hurl it through a wall. :p That said, I also far prefer mouse + keyboard for shooters than gamepads. I did want to use the pad, since the damn UI/inventory/etc are so clearly designed for consoles, but controlling Geralt was just too unwieldy for me. :)
It doesn't read my Logitech controller.
scampywiak: It doesn't read my Logitech controller.
simply because this game used Xinput. a Xbox controller input method. yours uses Direct input.

my game-pad has both :D
LOL @ this thread. People have been spoiled by dumb down combat with no effort, challenge, BRAINS in an RPG game and hence they complain the combat suxs when the person who suxs is themselves. Play the game in VERY EASY. OK? And don't complain it's hard when you suxs.
archaven: LOL @ this thread. People have been spoiled by dumb down combat with no effort, challenge, BRAINS in an RPG game and hence they complain the combat suxs when the person who suxs is themselves. Play the game in VERY EASY. OK? And don't complain it's hard when you suxs.
i dont see how saying the combat is bad means we want it easy either personaly i think it need a few changes.
@cloud8521
How can the combat be BAD when the original poster later on posted this?:

rivo101 posted:
LOL as the starter of this thread, i would like to take back what i said, the combat is alot better once you get better, you cant just rely on your sword, u have to use everything you have:)

Now it is either the player SUXS OR he/she dislike the combat system and hence translate it to BAD.
archaven: @cloud8521
How can the combat be BAD when the original poster later on posted this?:

rivo101 posted:
LOL as the starter of this thread, i would like to take back what i said, the combat is alot better once you get better, you cant just rely on your sword, u have to use everything you have:)

Now it is either the player SUXS OR he/she dislike the combat system and hence translate it to BAD.
well i dont mean bad as in horrible. i mean as in its not as great as i could be.
I dont like the combat either. For a guy who is suppose to be a badass super mutant he seems more like a chump. I mean yeah I dont want victory handed to me on a silver platter but some of these enemies shouldnt be as hard as they are to a Hero like Geralt, it ruins immersion, not to mention makes the combat slow and tedius. Everything else is great though. Also for a supposed Designed for PC game, needing a xbox controller to make the game play better makes me sick.

Combat doesnt really take brains more then Reflexes. I'd prefer a RPG that really makes you use your brains in terms of Puzzles and Adventure game style challenges not mindless violence.
Post edited May 19, 2011 by LordRikerQ
I find the difficulties to be completely unbalaced. Easy is not different from Insane. You will die in both cases, just faster on insane. Because:
Parry costs vigor
Controls stick, glitch, don't respond, respond with a huge delay and what have you
All signs exept for shild are plain useless
Most bombs are useless

And most of it is due to the shitty upgrade system. It is too slow, if we could upgrade faster then the game combat would be much better and more rewarding. Right now its just boring "Shield, hit, roll, run, bomb, hit and again" it is the same and works for every difficulty and ANY other plan fails even on easy.

Also would be amazing if they would fix the sign-bomb selection so we won't need to click to change the sign. That would make the game A LOT better, believe me!
I greatly enjoy the combat, with a mouse and keyboard. I personally find it very lively and engaging, and the game will get replays from me based on the action alone.
cloud8521: well i dont mean bad as in horrible. i mean as in its not as great as i could be.
Yes, exactly. Everything about this combat can be easily fixed in a few edits of some script files. I could do it myself if I would know how to open their script archive. The game is made very well, it's just badly balanced and very hard to get into.

It didn't disappoint me as a game. Just the fact that I have to wait for an update to enjoy it properly.

You're not alone, I find the fact that the controls don't react immediately to be incredibly frustrating at times. Combat feels really clunky because of this.
Mossay: Exactly, I think just by removing that ~1 second pause geralt does after attacking would help immensely. I thought my keyboard was malfunctioning when I was holding down a movement key and watched as poor geralt repeatedly got killed while standing still after attacking.
THIS. stupid 1 second pause, somebody fix this.