It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

after downloading the Witcher, I renamed the file to witcher.sh, changed permissions with the folloing command:

chmod +x witcher.sh

then executed it with the following command:

./witcher.sh

and recieved the following error message:

Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing The Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings - Enhanced Edition 100%
Collecting info for this system...
Operating system: linux
CPU Arch: x86_64
trying mojosetup in bin/linux/x86_64
USING en_US

PANIC
Initial setup failed. Cannot continue.

Error: Couldn't run mojosetup

I tried searching the error message on ubuntuformums and google, but I couldn't find a solution that worked. I would prefer to run natively rather than using a compatibility layer for the Windows version. Any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
seanium_seanide: PANIC
Initial setup failed. Cannot continue.

Error: Couldn't run mojosetup
How much free space do you have? You can also unzip the installer instead of running it.
I had the same error message in Debian. The *.sh file has a .zip file included, that you can simple unzip:

unzip gog-$TheGame.sh

But this extract it in the current work directory, move it to a new folder before. Then i search the *.exe for the game and i have started it with the dosbox command. If its not running optimal, you can find optimized dosbox.conf files for your game in the internet.

If the installer runs, then gog installs a perfect dosbox.conf too. I had no luck to extract this *.conf from the installerscript. GOG should provide a good manual installation method if the installer failed, but this workaround works for me.
Post edited December 02, 2015 by krehber