It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MSI 870s-G54
Phantom II x4 965 3.4
8 Gig HyperX Blu 1333
MSI 7790 and r7 260x crossfire
2TB HDD (games)
500 GB HDD (storage)
60GB Kingston SSDnow (boot)
Win 7 64 bit Pro
I ran windows memory diagnostic test. Ran file scan. No errors. Tried running installer as Admin.

Still getting the error. I downloaded the files with gog downloader.

Anybody know how to fix this?

Edit: Just tried installing Fallout and got the same error + another error

Edit2: Magrunner installed
Post edited November 14, 2014 by Jimp0
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
I downloaded fallout and witcher 2 directly without the gog downloader.

Fallout gave the same error message "runtime error (16:21)" and invalid opcode

Im trying to install witcher 2 again. The integrity check is running.
integrity check froze after an hour. at ~40%

restarted

I'm using this thread to make notes. If this is against forum rules just let me know. I'm not trying to bump it.

Edit: Internal error: Expression error 'Runtime Error (at 18:21)

invalid floating point operation.'

Tried XP compatibility mode. no go
Try disabling your AV and download the files again.
I think it was a problem the downloader was having with ATi drivers.
I would contact support.
Thanks for the advice. I'm contacting support for a refund. I'll just buy it on steam when it goes on sale again.

I don't have AV installed yet since all I use the computer for is steam.

I have directly downloaded and the issue is the installer.

I even ran a scan for bad sectors on my HDD.
Jimp0: integrity check froze after an hour. at ~40%

restarted

I'm using this thread to make notes. If this is against forum rules just let me know. I'm not trying to bump it.

I have had this issue as well. It seems to be some sort of conflict with AMD display drivers and GOG's installers.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/getting_internal_error_when_installing

http://www.gog.com/forum/aliens_versus_predator_classic_2000/trouble_with_installer_and_launcher
Jimp0: integrity check froze after an hour. at ~40%

restarted

getlogan: I have had this issue as well. It seems to be some sort of conflict with AMD display drivers and GOG's installers.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/getting_internal_error_when_installing

http://www.gog.com/forum/aliens_versus_predator_classic_2000/trouble_with_installer_and_launcher
Does anyone have a fix for this or is it AMD= Screwed?
Jypson: Does anyone have a fix for this or is it AMD= Screwed?
Uninstalling the AMD display drivers seems to be the only reliable way to stop the error messages (so not really a solution).

It's possible this error only occurs for newer AMD Radeon graphics cards or particular models. I was getting this error with my Radeon R9 290, but I have gone back to using an old Radeon 5870 and the problem seems to have gone away. But at the moment I can't be too sure, since on Windows 7 the problem has been intermittent for me (sometimes I get the errors, other times I don't, even if it is the same installer).

When I was using Windows 8.1 on the same machine, the error messages would occur every single time. I think I'll install Windows 8.1 again and see if I still get the errors using my Radeon 5870.

Have you got one of the new Radeon graphics cards?
Well, I have installed Windows 8.1 with all updates and Catalyst 14.9. I tried installing a few GOG games and am not seeing the error message. So I think the Radeon 5870 is not affected by this issue.
For those of us who are having the error message with any of their game from all ready purchased to newly purchased I would PM any of the GOG staff who posts on these forums with the list of games you own and maybe they can fix the issue with the installers for each game . With me the error message does not effect the install finishing because when I go to load that game it runs fine with no issues. Just a thought.
Post edited November 18, 2014 by Fender_178
Fender_178: For those of us who are having the error message with any of their game from all ready purchased to newly purchased I would PM any of the GOG staff who posts on these forums with the list of games you own and maybe they can fix the issue with the installers for each game . With me the error message does not effect the install finishing because when I go to load that game it runs fine with no issues. Just a thought.
I don't know why the error messages happen and if something is actually breaking because of it or how serious this is. When I was still using a Radeon R9 290 on Windows 8.1, every single GOG install would have these error messages. I tried probably around 20 different games and they all had the problem. I have over 600 games here on GOG, so I could have kept going if I wanted to...
Actually it seems like it's a global installer issue, not limited to certain games. I already have many examples so thanks :-)

What's interesting is that the version of Witcher 2 available in the Library was built in January, and the errors started popping up in the last two months or so.

As far as I know the games are still installed and work normally (the error actually pops up when the Start Menu shortcut folder is created), but we're still looking into it.
Gowor: Actually it seems like it's a global installer issue, not limited to certain games. I already have many examples so thanks :-)

What's interesting is that the version of Witcher 2 available in the Library was built in January, and the errors started popping up in the last two months or so.

As far as I know the games are still installed and work normally (the error actually pops up when the Start Menu shortcut folder is created), but we're still looking into it.
And from your information is it just AMD cards or is it Nvidia cards as well that have this issue?
Fender_178: And from your information is it just AMD cards or is it Nvidia cards as well that have this issue?
So far everyone who had this problem and specified their video card mentioned AMD cards. Someone even fixed it through manual driver update.
Post edited November 19, 2014 by Gowor