It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I installed a large number of mods but in preparation for the new graphics update, I chose to delete them and after doing so and got rid of vortex. I tried to run it through steam this showed the running next to the game as well as cloud and a 100%. and it failed to run

I tried running it from the games file on administrator and I got a pop-up saying MSVCR120.DLL and MSVCP120.DLL were missing following I downloaded them and placed them in the x64 file. After this, I tried to run the game and now I get the 0xc000007b error

I am on Windows 10 and it is completely up to date. I have turned compatibility mode and run witcher3 on administrators for all users and steam. I moved my steam file from program files to its own file on the root. I updated my NVIDIA graphics card drivers. I verified my game files and redownloaded the game multiple times. Is there something that I should do and do I have the correct visual c++ applications
Attachments:
capture.jpeg (24 Kb)
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
This subforum is for the first game of the series, you may want to post here instead. By the way, the GOG version of the game might be slightly different from the Steam one, hence you may want to post in the Steam forum.
Exotartion: I tried running it from the games file on administrator and I got a pop-up saying MSVCR120.DLL and MSVCP120.DLL were missing following I downloaded them and placed them in the x64 file.
Where did you download these libraries from? Have you tried installing/reinstalling the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013?
Exotartion: I have turned compatibility mode [...]
The game doesn't need any compatibility mode to be enabled on Windows 10.
Exotartion: I verified my game files and redownloaded the game multiple times. [...] Is there something that I should do [...]
I suspect that some mod messed up with the game configuration.
Have you tried to completely delete the game folder after uninstalling it and then reinstalling it?
Have you tried to delete the configuration directory (%USERPROFILE%\Documents\The Witcher 3\)? Beware: make sure you make a backup copy of this folder before deleting it if you don't want to loose the save game data or the configuration!
Exotartion: I installed a large number of mods but in preparation for the new graphics update, I chose to delete them and after doing so and got rid of vortex. I tried to run it through steam this showed the running next to the game as well as cloud and a 100%. and it failed to run

I tried running it from the games file on administrator and I got a pop-up saying MSVCR120.DLL and MSVCP120.DLL were missing following I downloaded them and placed them in the x64 file. After this, I tried to run the game and now I get the 0xc000007b error

I am on Windows 10 and it is completely up to date. I have turned compatibility mode and run witcher3 on administrators for all users and steam. I moved my steam file from program files to its own file on the root. I updated my NVIDIA graphics card drivers. I verified my game files and redownloaded the game multiple times. Is there something that I should do and do I have the correct visual c++ applications
Did you find any working solutions for this?? I'm having the same issue and nothing seems to be working to fix it please reply!!