It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I've got a new iMac with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M graphics card with 4 gigs of VRAM. It should be able to run The Witcher fine, but no luck.

When I launch it, it tells me I don't meet minimum system requirements. So I did the fix to put "-dontForceMinReqs" in the "Program Flags" section of the game's info.plist, and it at least launches. But I have no graphics (except subtitles) in the intro movie. I start a new game, but when it goes to load the first section the game crashes.

Does anyone have a solution for this? I got nothing from GoG or CD Projekt Red.
tedwood: I've got a new iMac with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M graphics card with 4 gigs of VRAM. It should be able to run The Witcher fine, but no luck.

When I launch it, it tells me I don't meet minimum system requirements. So I did the fix to put "-dontForceMinReqs" in the "Program Flags" section of the game's info.plist, and it at least launches. But I have no graphics (except subtitles) in the intro movie. I start a new game, but when it goes to load the first section the game crashes.

Im pretty sure the game does not support mavericks? I could be wrong though.
Hi,

I also have been having issues with launching of the game on OS X 10.9.2. But I think I may have found a fix. Please set up your Info.plist file to be as the one attached in the image.

changes from Original file:

- Try To Use GPU Info - FALSE (was TRUE)
- force wrapper quartz-wm - FALSE (was TRUE)

I also disabled the "Symlinks In User Folder" so all saves are contained within the application, instead of my Documents folder.

Good luck!
tedwood: I've got a new iMac with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M graphics card with 4 gigs of VRAM. It should be able to run The Witcher fine, but no luck.

Attachments:
simonpm: Hi,

I also have been having issues with launching of the game on OS X 10.9.2. But I think I may have found a fix. Please set up your Info.plist file to be as the one attached in the image.

I also disabled the "Symlinks In User Folder" so all saves are contained within the application, instead of my Documents folder.

Good luck!
Changing Try To Use GPU Info to false fixed the problem - I now see the intro movie, and can play the game. Thank you!

If I cmd-tab out, however, I get the dock covering the bottom of the screen until I quit and relaunch. Any thoughts on that?
Post edited April 21, 2014 by tedwood
I have the same problem. I have a MacBookPro with OS X 10.9.2

I'm a complete noob. What I need to do and where to do it to make the game to work on my Mac ?

Thanks
simonpm: Hi,

Good luck!
tedwood: Changing Try To Use GPU Info to false fixed the problem - I now see the intro movie, and can play the game. Thank you!

If I cmd-tab out, however, I get the dock covering the bottom of the screen until I quit and relaunch. Any thoughts on that?
abbadon93: I have the same problem. I have a MacBookPro with OS X 10.9.2

I'm a complete noob. What I need to do and where to do it to make the game to work on my Mac ?

Thanks
tedwood: Changing Try To Use GPU Info to false fixed the problem - I now see the intro movie, and can play the game. Thank you!

abbadon93:
1) Right-click on "The Witcher.app" and select "Show Package Contents"
2) Open "Contents"
3) Open "Info.plist". If double-clicking doesn't work, right click, select "Open With..." and open with TextEdit. You may need to select "Other..." and Enable "All Applications" from the popup menu.
4) Search for "Try To Use GPU Info", and change <true/> to <false/>

If you get an error that says your system doesn't meet minimum requirements, do this:
1) Open "Info.plist"
2) Search for "Program Flags"
3) Inside the following <string></string> add "-dontForceMinReqs"
Thank you for your help. ;)