It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The No Hotel - Mach II still in progress.. made a few additions
Attachments:
BillyMaysFan59: The No Hotel - Mach II still in progress.. made a few additions
I hate being the douchey guy who offers unasked-for corrections on language, but this has been bugging me, as I've seen it elsewhere in these forums: it should be Mark [or Mk.] II (mark here meaning a second version of or iteration on a design). The Mach rating scale has to do with velocity, such as that attained by an aircraft traveling at supersonic speeds (which Mach 2 falls into).
[/pedantry)

Nice basement, though. What's the story behind the 'No Hotel' moniker? It sounds like a reference to something.
Post edited December 24, 2015 by HunchBluntley
BillyMaysFan59: The No Hotel - Mach II still in progress.. made a few additions
HunchBluntley: I hate being the douchey guy who offers unasked-for corrections on language, but this has been bugging me, as I've seen it elsewhere in these forums: it should be Mark [or Mk.] II (mark here meaning a second version of or iteration on a design). The Mach rating scale has to do with velocity, such as that attained by an aircraft traveling at supersonic speeds (which Mach 2 falls into).
[/pedantry)

Nice basement, though. What's the story behind the 'No Hotel' moniker? It sounds like a reference to something.
1) I know, I know. I did choose that spelling on purpose, for the sake of silliness.

2) The No Hotel is a Gordon Lightfoot song. Look it up =)
BillyMaysFan59: 1) I know, I know. I did choose that spelling on purpose, for the sake of silliness.

1) Sorry.

2) I had this weird hunch it was music-related! Either that, or you had a weird concept for a hotel run by Dr. No. =D
BillyMaysFan59: 1) I know, I know. I did choose that spelling on purpose, for the sake of silliness.

HunchBluntley: 1) Sorry.

2) I had this weird hunch it was music-related! Either that, or you had a weird concept for a hotel run by Dr. No. =D
his house is pulling Gs!!!! and by Gs i mean gansters. fool! :)
Crewdroog: his house is pulling Gs!!!! and by Gs i mean gansters. fool! :)
I said Dr. No, not Dr. Dre. :P
Crewdroog: his house is pulling Gs!!!! and by Gs i mean gansters. fool! :)
HunchBluntley: I said Dr. No, not Dr. Dre. :P
LOL
HunchBluntley: Well, my Christmas "shopping" is done, and the presents are under the tree, waiting for Christmas....
Did you open them yet? :o
Here is a pic of my town. I was gonna do individual houses for everyone, then i realized the how big the town would have to be, hence further out we have apartments. I'm happy so far. My castle is another story though :(
Attachments:
town1_(2).jpg (158 Kb)
HunchBluntley: Well, my Christmas "shopping" is done, and the presents are under the tree, waiting for Christmas....
BillyMaysFan59: Did you open them yet? :o
Not those, but the ones I got in my other world with my secondary character, I opened. The results were extremely underwhelming.
HunchBluntley: Not those, but the ones I got in my other world with my secondary character, I opened. The results were extremely underwhelming.
Waat did you get, candy cane building blocks? Winter hats? Egg nog? :P

That's what I got too
HunchBluntley: Not those, but the ones I got in my other world with my secondary character, I opened. The results were extremely underwhelming.
In general, you'd want to open them in a world where Hardmode has been activated. That way you may get the Snow Globe allowing you to summon the Frost Legion, which after being defeated will allow Santa to appear as a city npc during the season event.
BillyMaysFan59: Waat did you get, candy cane building blocks? Winter hats? Egg nog? :P

That's what I got too
Eggnog, candy cane & pine tree blocks, a wreath, a couple of Mrs. Claus outfits, some star anise (like shuriken, apparently...haven't tried 'em out yet), Christmas cookies & some other stat-boosting consumable. The only special non-present drop that I think I've gotten so far is a bow (the vanity headgear kind, not the ranged weaponry kind) that my primary character got.
EDIT: Cross-posted here, so as to avoid derailing this thread and rendering my own thread irrelevant. ; )
Post edited December 26, 2015 by HunchBluntley
My buddy and I decided to build a floating fortress to act as our base of operations. Our work in progress:
Attachments:
coop_base.jpg (478 Kb)
Matewis: My buddy and I decided to build a floating fortress to act as our base of operations. Our work in progress:
Holy hand grenades! ...Well, at least there's two of you to speed construction along. Still, that must have taken a while!
I'm assuming you built the living wood tree, as opposed to building around an existing one?