It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

BillyMaysFan59: It's pretty quiet in here
With all the new classics released lately, I think everyone has kind of forgotten about Terraria (or temporarily gotten sick of it, which I can relate to).

Starmaker, at least, is apparently still playing the game. Go pester her for some screenshots. =P
Yeah, so much to play, so little time, sadly. xD

Still have to finish The Witcher 3, that will take some weeks...
STILL pretty quiet in here.....
Matewis: Aww it would've been awesome if you could somehow paint mannequins. Yeah I've got like 3 sets each of the wedding dress and the groom's suit. I was thinking of making some sort of haunted house with a bunch of mannequins everywhere dressed as brides and grooms :P
tinyE: I haven't hit the groom yet but you may have noticed I FINALLY got a Medusa Head! Shit, I spent all day just running around killing them before I finally got it. :P
Damn, I didn't get anything from Medusa when I killed her, the wretch! Maybe I should switch to expert or hardcore mode before I play too much more?
BillyMaysFan59: STILL pretty quiet in here.....
I just started playing at the end of August, for a pointless game it's fun, I usually don't like things like this, but it's enjoyable enough. I haven't spent tons of time in it at all though.

I pretty much just started re-doing my house for the first time after the initial make I had. I'm putting it inside of a tree, and I have a bunch of enchanted nightcrawlers under it in a scattered pattern that looks cool. The dryad has also taken up residence in an underground "room" of the tree.
Post edited September 18, 2015 by drealmer7
tinyE: I haven't hit the groom yet but you may have noticed I FINALLY got a Medusa Head! Shit, I spent all day just running around killing them before I finally got it. :P
drealmer7: Damn, I didn't get anything from Medusa when I killed her, the wretch! Maybe I should switch to expert or hardcore mode before I play too much more?
I wouldn't recommend switching to a Hardcore character or an Expert world unless you want a noticable increase in challenge. And Hardcore is only for the challenge, you get not bonus to your drops.

Also, the Medusa Head has a 1% chance to drop, so it's not like you should expect to get one unless you do some extensive grinding for it.
drealmer7: Damn, I didn't get anything from Medusa when I killed her, the wretch! Maybe I should switch to expert or hardcore mode before I play too much more?
WingedKagouti: I wouldn't recommend switching to a Hardcore character or an Expert world unless you want a noticable increase in challenge. And Hardcore is only for the challenge, you get not bonus to your drops.

Also, the Medusa Head has a 1% chance to drop, so it's not like you should expect to get one unless you do some extensive grinding for it.
Expert has better drops though, yeah? I thought hardcore had even more. Since that is what the game is about, I might want to play expert with harder drops. I find regular mode pretty easy. Though that is probably because of my badass yoyo+counterweight that just obliterates everything super-fast. I was also lucky enough to get a full set of Ancient Shadow Armor very early which has made it super easy. Though, I probably wouldn't get that stuff was readily if I started an expert, so, yeah, I'll probably just enjoy the lightweight enjoyment of exploring and finding things and expanding my buildings.

And I didn't figure Medusa's head was a frequent drop, but I thought she might drop other things!
Post edited September 18, 2015 by drealmer7
WingedKagouti: I wouldn't recommend switching to a Hardcore character or an Expert world unless you want a noticable increase in challenge. And Hardcore is only for the challenge, you get not bonus to your drops.

drealmer7: Expert has better drops though, yeah? I thought hardcore had even more. Since that is what the game is about, I might want to play expert with harder drops. I find regular mode pretty easy.
Hardcore just means that when your character dies, that character can never be played again. There are no special bonuses for playing a Hardcore character. Also note that enemies in Expert mode worlds have higher health, take less damage and deal more damage, on top of that the bosses get some additional stages and/or more agressive patterns.

And pre-hardmode on a non-Expert world is fairly easy. You may want to at least fight one of the mechanical bosses before thinking seriously about making a switch to Expert mode.
And I didn't figure Medusa's head was a frequent drop, but I thought she might drop other things!
Not unless you count the regular coin drop (or the obligatory every 50th kill banner) as "other things".
Maybe YOU should post some screenshots, then! ; )
HunchBluntley: Maybe YOU should post some screenshots, then! ; )
Lately I haven't played the game much, myself. Certainly no screenshots to share at this time.... but if there are any, I'll post them!
I hate to admit it, but I stole this design idea from a group of people who lived about 3000 years ago.

I'm still working on the furnishings so I may update this pic.
Attachments:
gp.png (457 Kb)
tinyE:
Delicious symmetry.

I'm building a thing. Here's a terrible under-construction-wood-frame-skeleton.
+ Progress. Not that terrible anymore.
Attachments:
progress1.jpg (301 Kb)
Post edited October 02, 2015 by Crackpot.756
Is there anyway I can post a larger image and then link to it in here?

I had to scale down my pyramid so much to upload that you can't see any of the cool stuff. :D
Use a site like imgur.com to upload your images to, then post the link they provide.
You can use an image hoster like imagebam.com and then simply use the generated links.
work in progress:
castle smoggenstein
Attachments:
castle.jpg (437 Kb)