It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just a thought. Any chance of having an option to do the rescoring the music in the game? If it could be optional to either have the original score or new score? I like how the music starts slowly and picks up in XWA. And different bits r used from all movies, pretty much. I understand the goal is keeping this close to the original as much as possible but was wondering if the option choice could be added in the future?
rkinkjr: Just a thought. Any chance of having an option to do the rescoring the music in the game? If it could be optional to either have the original score or new score? I like how the music starts slowly and picks up in XWA. And different bits r used from all movies, pretty much. I understand the goal is keeping this close to the original as much as possible but was wondering if the option choice could be added in the future?
Yes. It's possible to add a different set of musical fragments and a different iMuse automaton. Not that we are going to focus on that any time soon, but we will need to do that for supporting TIE Fighter and XWA, anyway, that have their own scores.
Dear Azrapse,

I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know that I have been quietly watching your progress with baited breath. I am so very excited to eventually dive in and enjoy what you and your team have worked so very hard to create. I was a huge X-Wing nerd back in the day and an even bigger Tie-Fighter nerd soon after. This past year, I bought and re-discovered my love for both games. But when I discovered that you and your team were cooking up the XWVM, my imagination truly ran wild. I just wanted to give you some encouragement to keep going, keep grinding and let you know that just because more people like myself aren't coming out of the woodwork to say flat out how excited we are, it doesn't mean that there aren't many many more just like myself who are silently wringing our hands in anticipation of XWVM's official release. Again, I don't normally write posts like this but you and your team are a special case because of the sheer ambition of what you're building. Keep up the hard work! I literally can't wait to play in the sandbox of your passion project!!!

Ps. I just read your comment about 'head bobbing' to create realistic inertia. That is a fantastic idea. As far as VR is concerned. I've played the X-Wing VR mission in Battlefront on a handful of occasions and can honestly say that while it does sometimes make you a little motion sick- I would argue that, would you not be a little motion sick if you really were dog-fighting in a massive space battle anyways? Like, that seems like it would be par for the course if you were actually a space pilot. In other words, a little dizziness, if anything, would actually ADD to the VR experience, not detract from it. Just a thought.
hardytho: Dear Azrapse,

I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know that I have been quietly watching your progress with baited breath. I am so very excited to eventually dive in and enjoy what you and your team have worked so very hard to create. I was a huge X-Wing nerd back in the day and an even bigger Tie-Fighter nerd soon after. This past year, I bought and re-discovered my love for both games. But when I discovered that you and your team were cooking up the XWVM, my imagination truly ran wild. I just wanted to give you some encouragement to keep going, keep grinding and let you know that just because more people like myself aren't coming out of the woodwork to say flat out how excited we are, it doesn't mean that there aren't many many more just like myself who are silently wringing our hands in anticipation of XWVM's official release. Again, I don't normally write posts like this but you and your team are a special case because of the sheer ambition of what you're building. Keep up the hard work! I literally can't wait to play in the sandbox of your passion project!!!

Ps. I just read your comment about 'head bobbing' to create realistic inertia. That is a fantastic idea. As far as VR is concerned. I've played the X-Wing VR mission in Battlefront on a handful of occasions and can honestly say that while it does sometimes make you a little motion sick- I would argue that, would you not be a little motion sick if you really were dog-fighting in a massive space battle anyways? Like, that seems like it would be par for the course if you were actually a space pilot. In other words, a little dizziness, if anything, would actually ADD to the VR experience, not detract from it. Just a thought.
Thanks for your nice words.
About the dizziness, I don't know.
Different people react differently to VR. Some have stronger "stomach" than others, so to speak.
While I could play a VR game for long periods of time, my wife gets dizzy right away. We noticed it was caused by camera movements provoked by stuff other than my wife's head. So if she moves the camera by moving her head that was okay, but if the camera moved by moving the character with the controller, she got dizzy (even when she was expecting the movement).
This is just an example, of course. And not everyone react the same. (I get dizzy with the controller rotates the camera, not when it just moves while keeping the same angle).

In the end this should be a X-wing remake, not a Throw Up Simulator. :D But I guess we can always make head bobbing optional and anyone can switch it on or off as much as they please.
This is an example of the head bobbing in action. It's not overdone, and actually I have toned down the strength of it when speeding up or braking down since I made the video.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1afT9PxEzxS_cuoe_wsUyhXbVwaBFj2ta/view?usp=sharing
Azrapse: This is an example of the head bobbing in action. It's not overdone, and actually I have toned down the strength of it when speeding up or braking down since I made the video.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1afT9PxEzxS_cuoe_wsUyhXbVwaBFj2ta/view?usp=sharing
Nice.
One of the things I noticed playing Elite is that a bit of headbobbing tends to give a lot of phisicality to the flight when playing just with a monitor without fancy headtracking or VR.
It's a little touch but at least for me it helps a lot with the immersion factor.
Azrapse: I am away during Christmas, but we can talk about helping with testing or coding once I am back. :)
Is there any way to still join the testing? :D
I got Xwing, Tf, XvT and XWA both on CD and on steam, and quite a bit of peripherals to fly them, if it can help the testing.
Azrapse: This is an example of the head bobbing in action. It's not overdone, and actually I have toned down the strength of it when speeding up or braking down since I made the video.

PERFECT !!!
Wow, this is awesome. So happy to see this great work.

Is there any way I can sign-up to join the alpha testing? Would love to try it.

Many thanks for all your efforts.
We recruit new testers now and then. We will post the link here next time.
Hi,

I don't have much knowledge about your project. I just learned about it tonight. Did not read through the hundreds of posts. But it seems very interesting.

I would like to know if what you are doing with X wing can be adapted on different plateforms, such as a Battletech Tesla Pod II?

A friend of mine recently bought a dozen of these machines and they are now fully restored.

It is possible to eventually incorporate different games on these machines, provided a bit of coding ajustments and aethetic cockpit remodeling. I'd like to see X wing on them.

Is it something feasable?

I could provide the details regarding the core of the pods if you need that information.
Attachments:
NIcolasDaneau: Hi,

I don't have much knowledge about your project. I just learned about it tonight. Did not read through the hundreds of posts. But it seems very interesting.

I would like to know if what you are doing with X wing can be adapted on different plateforms, such as a Battletech Tesla Pod II?

A friend of mine recently bought a dozen of these machines and they are now fully restored.

It is possible to eventually incorporate different games on these machines, provided a bit of coding ajustments and aethetic cockpit remodeling. I'd like to see X wing on them.

Is it something feasable?

I could provide the details regarding the core of the pods if you need that information.
XWVM is being developed as a Unity game, so it can target a number of systems.
However, custom and specialized peripherals isn't something we are dealing with at this very moment beyond TrackIR and some extreme resolutions.
It can come at a later stage, though.
What CPU architecture and OS do those run with?
See attached, some recent texture work on the ISD bridge.
Attachments:
stonky: See attached, some recent texture work on the ISD bridge.
Very nice Stonky. Looks real good. I know it's a lot of work, but I hope you are the one going to be working on the Mon Calamari cruiser. I can picture in my head the detail you will come up with.
Thanks! We'll see, I guess it's a matter of who gets to it first - I know that the X-Wing is next on my plate after the ISD.