It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi all

I'm wondering if the X-Wing 1994 CD edition is suffering from the same bug that Tie Fighter has with the turrets. (http://www.gog.com/forum/star_wars_tie_fighter_special_edition/tie_fighter_collectors_cd_dos_a_serious_bug)

I just played Tour 1, Mission 2 again for the first time in a long time and I was surprised to find that the corvettes and Frigates weren't firing at me until I'd been playing the mission for 10+ minutes. I remember this mission back in the day used to toast my ass because they were constantly firing if you even got remotely close.
tarasis: Hi all

I'm wondering if the X-Wing 1994 CD edition is suffering from the same bug that Tie Fighter has with the turrets. (http://www.gog.com/forum/star_wars_tie_fighter_special_edition/tie_fighter_collectors_cd_dos_a_serious_bug)

I just played Tour 1, Mission 2 again for the first time in a long time and I was surprised to find that the corvettes and Frigates weren't firing at me until I'd been playing the mission for 10+ minutes. I remember this mission back in the day used to toast my ass because they were constantly firing if you even got remotely close.
Yes. Exactly. I can confirm this.
Set cycles to 30000 (with dynamic core) and all should be fine, the game is playable at this cycle count. Only in seldom occurance with many ships on screen the FPS can drop down a bit, but nothing seriously degrading gameplay.
damson: Set cycles to 30000 (with dynamic core) and all should be fine, the game is playable at this cycle count. Only in seldom occurance with many ships on screen the FPS can drop down a bit, but nothing seriously degrading gameplay.
Is that figure based up your CPU? Just tried, and had to decrease cycles till I got to about 23-25k (i7-4790k), but then once they had started firing I could put the cycles back up to 30k,

But thank you, it did the trick, that mission is now back to its old hardness! (well mostly, the first time I played that mission I was using a roll ball mouse on an old 286 :) )