It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Since apparently I need one to play it. :[
If you are struggling, you can use an Xbox 360 controller, it works fairly decently. I have a mid range Thrustmaster T.16000M and it works like a charm with the game. I'm loving it.
Ravenvolf: If you are struggling, you can use an Xbox 360 controller, it works fairly decently. I have a mid range Thrustmaster T.16000M and it works like a charm with the game. I'm loving it.
If you do use a gamepad, I'd also suggest a PS3 controller. The back shoulder buttons aren't as squishy as the Xbox triggers.
http://www.thrustmaster.com/products/t16000m
I'm using a standard xinput controller and it works fine.
Gravis Gamepad baby!
Whacker007: Gravis Gamepad baby!
Hi,

You've got to be kidding. I prefer the good old Gravis Analog Pro with a gameport to USB adapter... In later so-called 'flightsticks' the actual sticks got so huge that by the time you had moved it from one corner to the other you already were dead...

Cheers
Patrick
Post edited October 29, 2014 by patricklibuda
Xwing, Tiefighter, elite Dangerous, STAR CITIZEN...... yes i think this might do...... at least the brand is the go to brand.
From an old and long-lapsed pilot, the go-to stick for me and my friends used to be to the Saitek Cyborg 3D or 3D Gold. Amazingly enough it still fully works under Win 7 64-bit and is very adjustable.
Post edited October 30, 2014 by fistynuts
fistynuts: From an old and long-lapsed pilot, the go-to stick for me and my friends used to be to the Saitek Cyborg 3D or 3D Gold. Amazingly enough it still fully works under Win 7 64-bit and is very adjustable.
I've never been able to master my Saitek Cyborg Evo; it's spent most of its lifetime in the cupboard. I never became an ace at IL2 :'(

The older 3D gold does look better!

I find it to be very sensitive to the lightest of touches; making it hard to aim accurately. I'll have to try it with the palm rest off.

I think I'd prefer something which pushed back/offered more resistance.

The throttle is in a bad place. I also find that it's too easy to twist the stick (z-axis) in normal movement.

Of course I may just be a rubbish pilot and should stick to using the mouse; there's lots of keyboard commands after all ;)
Post edited October 30, 2014 by mwnn
Ravenvolf: If you are struggling, you can use an Xbox 360 controller, it works fairly decently. I have a mid range Thrustmaster T.16000M and it works like a charm with the game. I'm loving it.
so the 360 controller will work ?
snowkatt: so the 360 controller will work ?
Yes it will work, so will an xbox one controller, i have tried and both work.
snowkatt: so the 360 controller will work ?
Yeah it works fine, the right stick is not usable but apart from that all good. The throttle is a bit funny though, you have to hold down the right trigger to stay at full power. You can set the speed using keyboard or map it to a button to keep it at a certain speed.