It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Release 3.0.4 contains a variety of Shadowrun: Hong Kong campaign fixes and general system fixes and improvements. If you are encountering any issues in Hong Kong, please update to build 3.0.4 immediately. (To update, restart Steam and then allow Shadowrun to fully verify and download the new build.)

After the update if you are experiencing a campaign-related issue, you may also need to restart your current scene (select "Restart Level" from the PDA) or rewind (select "Rewind" from the PDA save screen, then select a previous level) to before you encountered the issue in order to resolve the issue.

TROUBLESHOOTING & REPORTING BUGS
If you are experiencing technical issues with Shadowrun: Hong Kong, please see this post: https://steamcommunity.com/app/346940/discussions/1/528398719793341723/

Core/Engine Bug Fixes
Resolved issue causing incorrect Nuyen value to be displayed in Sell Screen.
Resolved issue causing mismatch between displayed and actual skin color for certain skin options in Character Creation.
Resolved issue that caused some Backer names in the credits to have missing characters.
Resolved issue that could lead to Elf Female models displaying incorrectly.
Resolved issue that could lead to item loss when loaning items to some actors in specific situations.
Resolved issue that could lead to actor duplication under certain edge-case save load conditions.
Resolved issue that could leave Water Shrine Spirit unable to attack.
Resolved minor animation issues.
General minor VFX and Animation bug fixes and polish.
Other minor bug fixes.

Content Bug Fixes
Minor grammar and visual tweaks and polish.
Resolved issue that caused a conversation to duplicate in Misdirection mission.
Resolved issue that caused Matrix in the City of Darkness to have incorrect starting Trace.
Resolved issue that could cause plot specific information to be revealed early.
Resolved issue that could leave the Player unable to leave The Dig mission in certain cases.
Resolved issue that could prevent Hostile actors from spawning correctly in Bad Qi mission in certain cases.

Notes
Art book updated for purchasers of the Deluxe Edition (now contains more art.)
MalekTaus:
Thanks for the info. I hate to admit it but my play through was ruined due to many little bugs. Too bad GOG usually releases patches several days later than Steam. And only crazy people would buy Shadowrun here and there altogether. That's me ;)
MalekTaus: Notes
The artbook for our version was updated before the game's release so you have the latest version here :)

As for version 3.0.4, we just got the new version but since it's the weekend we'll make sure to get the latest version out on by Monday, Tuesday at the latest, depending on how things go :)
MalekTaus: Notes
JudasIscariot: The artbook for our version was updated before the game's release so you have the latest version here :)

As for version 3.0.4, we just got the new version but since it's the weekend we'll make sure to get the latest version out on by Monday, Tuesday at the latest, depending on how things go :)
Thanks for the update (perhaps should be sticky for now), but I must say between this delay and the lack of Steam Workshop support, I'm starting to regret my decision to purchase this from GOG. I did it in order to support GoG (since it's been a while since I've purchased anything) and hopefully Harebrained Schemes (I think GoG takes less of a cut than Steam?), but...well, I'm impatient, and of course weekends are when many people have the time to play....
Scandalon: the lack of Steam Workshop support...
Unnecessary.
Scandalon: the lack of Steam Workshop support...
Gydion: Unnecessary.
Still that is not official, it's just a workaround.
The nexus network is a fine alternative to the steam workshop.
Hopefully the new update comes on Monday.
I was just about to start playing the game, but I'll wait a bit I guess until things are fixed. Hare Brained also tends to add more stuff to the game as time goes on as well. I have a few other games right now that I can play anyway.
I'm nearly finished the game, it's just a lot of little things that are broken, for me it was perfectly playable and enjoyable.

I am going to wait for my second playthrough however until they release this patch and possibly another to clean up some dialog issues that were the biggest annoyance to me.
JudasIscariot: The artbook for our version was updated before the game's release so you have the latest version here :)

Scandalon: Thanks for the update (perhaps should be sticky for now), but I must say between this delay and the lack of Steam Workshop support, I'm starting to regret my decision to purchase this from GOG. I did it in order to support GoG (since it's been a while since I've purchased anything) and hopefully Harebrained Schemes (I think GoG takes less of a cut than Steam?), but...well, I'm impatient, and of course weekends are when many people have the time to play....
Thanks for the update news, JudasIscariot... since I've just started the game, I'll wait for the patch release (hopefully late today or tomorrow) to play.

I do agree about the feeling that sometimes non-Steam customers are treated like second-class citizens (through no fault of GOG) with patch releases, but I also understand that the way the system works makes that hard to avoid: from talking with various devs, on Steam they can just toss out a quick patch and it will update. On GOG, the patches are actually manually checked (I believe) to *work* before being made public!

While this often means an annoying delay, in some cases it does save us from situations (as happened with one game I know of) where a broken Steam update made a game unplayable until the follow-up fix, while GOG-ers never got the bugged patch.

The fact that Steam updates are forced while GOG ones are a manual update is something that for me balances out the wait too... one of the reasons I hate Steam stems back to first encountering it with HL2 (while most of us still had dial-up), and not being allowed to play until huge updates downloaded! :(

As for Workshop support, I personally hate the whole idea of Steam Workshop (the attempt to monetize free mods came as no surprise as the eventual endgame there) and gladly take the glorious Nexus instead (where I first learned to mod back when Fallout 3 was first released). I get annoyed by those who only release their mods via Steam, but thankfully there are workarounds and *most* modders have the sense to post on Nexus or somewhere else too.
Scandalon: Thanks for the update (perhaps should be sticky for now), but I must say between this delay and the lack of Steam Workshop support, I'm starting to regret my decision to purchase this from GOG. I did it in order to support GoG (since it's been a while since I've purchased anything) and hopefully Harebrained Schemes (I think GoG takes less of a cut than Steam?), but...well, I'm impatient, and of course weekends are when many people have the time to play....
Banjo_oz: Thanks for the update news, JudasIscariot... since I've just started the game, I'll wait for the patch release (hopefully late today or tomorrow) to play.

I do agree about the feeling that sometimes non-Steam customers are treated like second-class citizens (through no fault of GOG) with patch releases, but I also understand that the way the system works makes that hard to avoid: from talking with various devs, on Steam they can just toss out a quick patch and it will update. On GOG, the patches are actually manually checked (I believe) to *work* before being made public!

While this often means an annoying delay, in some cases it does save us from situations (as happened with one game I know of) where a broken Steam update made a game unplayable until the follow-up fix, while GOG-ers never got the bugged patch.

The fact that Steam updates are forced while GOG ones are a manual update is something that for me balances out the wait too... one of the reasons I hate Steam stems back to first encountering it with HL2 (while most of us still had dial-up), and not being allowed to play until huge updates downloaded! :(

As for Workshop support, I personally hate the whole idea of Steam Workshop (the attempt to monetize free mods came as no surprise as the eventual endgame there) and gladly take the glorious Nexus instead (where I first learned to mod back when Fallout 3 was first released). I get annoyed by those who only release their mods via Steam, but thankfully there are workarounds and *most* modders have the sense to post on Nexus or somewhere else too.
I can second that. Also we don't get these kind of shady patches that remove features, content or introduce post-release censorship that could alter product to be inaccurate of what we paid for.
Yup, ran into the assist mission bug. I'm gonna wait for the patch to fix this. Can't leave the mission after it supposedly ended.
Banjo_oz: I do agree about the feeling that sometimes non-Steam customers are treated like second-class citizens (through no fault of GOG) with patch releases, but I also understand that the way the system works makes that hard to avoid: from talking with various devs, on Steam they can just toss out a quick patch and it will update. On GOG, the patches are actually manually checked (I believe) to *work* before being made public!

HenitoKisou: I can second that. Also we don't get these kind of shady patches that remove features, content or introduce post-release censorship that could alter product to be inaccurate of what we paid for.
Agree, Nexus is more than good enough for any mods for any game - there shouldn't need to be some "workshop".

Agree that auto-patching (unless you explicitly enable it, e.g. in Galaxy) is a bad thing.

Speaking of Galaxy, I imagine that Galaxy may add features to enable devs to "push out" patches directly? Maybe? We'd still have the option to download them ourselves (automatically or manually, depending on user choice), but it should mean in future the time difference between Steam and GOG patch releases should be minimised. Hopefully...?
Personally, I have no desire to ever use "Galaxy", for the same reasons I dislike Steam (or any "client") and strongly support GOG's library: that is, the freedom to not have to be always online and to download patches when and IF I want to. If this means getting updates a bit slower, I can live with that. I couldn't care less about silly "achievements" or social media-style elements these clients offer, either.

Any sort of "auto-patching" or enforced updates ala Steam's method (where the game flat-out won't run until patched or at best only works offline) is IMO a very bad thing, especially when many (thankfully not all) devs don't even bother with changelogs these days!

It's something we've inherited from more recent games consoles and mobile phones/tablets, where "updates" cannot be refused even if they remove features (I've lost money on several iOS media player apps that later removed essential codecs, for example) and stems from an increasing tendency towards the concept of "renting" rather than owning the software you pay for. I shudder to hear that forced updates are even a part of Windows 10!

Sorry for the rant. I'm just happy and grateful that GOG has vowed to always make Galaxy optional and to keep us old-fashioned, hands-on, "install the games and patches ourselves" fogies happy customers. :)
I see update 3.0.4 for Windows is up now. 13 MB manual download, but stupid Galaxy is re-downloading the 2.9GB install.