It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

After installing Race the Sun v1.441, I've noticed the game no longer loads. When I try to run the game, I only get a "Flippfly" window and then it says "Not Responding."

I've checked the Event Viewer and it confirms there's a problem with the game's exe file. I've redownloaded and reinstalled the game, but it still refuses to run. Here is the error log:
The program RaceTheSun.exe version 4.3.7.34753 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed.
Process ID: 1868
Start Time: 01d040ae3f307c83
Termination Time: 51
Application Path: Race The Sun\RaceTheSun.exe

-----
I'm running Windows 7 with plenty of RAM. Is there any way to fix this problem with Race the Sun?
Post edited February 05, 2015 by IronArcturus
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Has there been any update on the v1.441 Patch issue?
IronArcturus: Has there been any update on the v1.441 Patch issue?
just installed it now - same bloody issue! - and im not in a mood to contact support to be told to update my drivers
IronArcturus: Has there been any update on the v1.441 Patch issue?
Sachys: just installed it now - same bloody issue! - and im not in a mood to contact support to be told to update my drivers
Do the game devs know about this issue?
Sachys: just installed it now - same bloody issue! - and im not in a mood to contact support to be told to update my drivers
IronArcturus: Do the game devs know about this issue?
I have no idea, but will contact them via twatter tomorrow when I am not full of toothache, wine and rage!
IronArcturus:
I HAVE THE SOLUTION!

...and it would have been obvious were it not late at night...

Simple answer: firewall. Its a different exe and my firewall was blocking it. Now it works! :D

Edit: though now looking at it, my problem was not the same as yours. :(
Post edited February 10, 2015 by Sachys
IronArcturus:
Sachys: I HAVE THE SOLUTION!

Simple answer: firewall. Its a different exe and my firewall was blocking it. Now it works! :D

What is the name of the new exe? Is it demanding to be online? Because no GOG game should be demanding to go online to play a singleplayer game.
Sachys: I HAVE THE SOLUTION!

IronArcturus: What is the name of the new exe? Is it demanding to be online? Because no GOG game should be demanding to go online to play a singleplayer game.
same name - and it was asking to go online, however my firewall had blocked it on update / installation of the new version. it actually started up without going online though - it was purely the fact it was blocked.

...im not making sense am I?
You are. The game will not need to be online. This issue is more of a conflict between the game and the Firewall - not an online-requirement. In fact I played the Windows version on my system where the network adapter is disabled (so I can turn off live virus protection) a few hours ago. It works.
So, I'm on Mac - and the game won't launch for me either, and I'm guessing it's the same issue; how would I unblock the game from my firewall?