It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi all,

We've uploaded new installation files for Windows, Mac, and Linux to your game shelves. Please download the installation file of your choice in order to get the latest and greatest version of the game (1.441).

Changes for version 1.441:

- Labyrintha mode: A new (not endless!) mode for players who complete level 25.
- Improved controller support: XBox360 and PS3/PS4 controllers will now be automatically detected, and show custom icons in the UI
- Added AlienFX support for Alienware PCs
- Restored the "woosh" sound when passing buildings, as well as the ship engine sounds.
- Misc. bug fixes
(Note: Oculus Rift support will be coming in the next update!)

Thanks and have a nice day :)
Nice, is there also an option to downgrade? While i appreciate the whoosh sound being back the engine sound is far too dominant for my taste and means i won't play it anymore.
Nice, and right on time. Thanks to GOG and the publisher for providing this update!
Yay ! I wasn't expecting to see that update here on Gog. Mainly because a lot of very good user created contents are the exclusivity of Steam.

But that you !
Appreciate it :)
DarkLord7: Nice, is there also an option to downgrade? While i appreciate the whoosh sound being back the engine sound is far too dominant for my taste and means i won't play it anymore.
I would try writing to Support about a downgrade. Best advice I can give on short notice :)
So is there anyway to activate this "Labyrintha" mode before reaching Level 25?
I'd just installed v1.441 of Race the Sun and now the game won't even load anymore. I just get a "Flippfly" window and then it says "Not Responding." I'm running Windows 7. Is there any way to fix this?
Post edited February 04, 2015 by IronArcturus
I'm kind of surprised they didn't just add a checkmark in the options about the "whoosh" sound. Clearly they thought it was necessary, then thought it wasn't necessary, then thought it was necessary again. That's... that's a checkbox! That's what those things do!
Thanks for continuing to support this great title.

I am psyched to hear about Oculus support. I imagine its not easy to integrate it into this game.
JudasIscariot: Hi all,

We've uploaded new installation files for Windows, Mac, and Linux to your game shelves. Please download the installation file of your choice in order to get the latest and greatest version of the game (1.441).

- Improved controller support: XBox360 and PS3/PS4 controllers will now be automatically detected, and show custom icons in the UI
- Restored the "woosh" sound when passing buildings, as well as the ship engine sounds.
- Misc. bug fixes

Hey ! please can you show me from where i could download this new update. & thanx!
JudasIscariot: Hi all,

- Misc. bug fixes

agsami: Hey ! please can you show me from where i could download this new update. & thanx!
Just download the installer from your account :)
So I downloaded RtS and installed it - several times - and the icon shows up in the dock (I'm on Mac) for a second, and then closes. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
Not to bother with the details, but 1.453 provided a 64 bit built for macOS,
1.455 on 09. March 2015 updated the Unity engine to 5.1.3 (stabilizing Linux and provided a 64 bit binary, I suppose),
and the latest update was 1.51 of 13. Feb. 2017.

As I don't expect Windows staying on the old engine the info about `32 bit binary only´ is just plain wrong ...
GOG product pages should be updated ... but not even when gamers ask support to change wrong info - sob!

Technical there are no obstacles under Linux - it runs under Groovy (Kubuntu 20.10 STS), works with Logitech F310 after pressing C in main menu and selecting using XBox profile for controllers ... and directly using 4k resolution.

P.S.: With introduction of 8k in near future there is no use in VR glasses - was just a silly idea similar to 3D cinema
        which is already given up in favor of higher resolution. ;)
Post edited March 16, 2021 by JMB9