It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

i think it feels off because its primarily an action rpg. its stripped of most adventure aspects. Most quests ate of the rpg-like fetch quest variety. Also there is little differention between classes other than bonuses to certain stats, as every character has access to most equipment.
daleks13: paladintom there's 1 important think you might want to ask if your buying this just for QFG5 did they actually fix the Quest for Glory 5 Runtime Error when fighting the dragon at the end of the game?

John
i know the game is 15 yrs old... but did you just gave away the ending to people who have obviously never played it? thats harsh.

and how would a person who has never played this game know about an error?

sure, i knew a dragon was coming, as theyve hinted at it since the box-art for part one... but still.

you could have just said "game stopping error during a final fight."
daleks13: paladintom there's 1 important think you might want to ask if your buying this just for QFG5 did they actually fix the Quest for Glory 5 Runtime Error when fighting the dragon at the end of the game?

John
SapienChavez: i know the game is 15 yrs old... but did you just gave away the ending to people who have obviously never played it? thats harsh.

and how would a person who has never played this game know about an error?

sure, i knew a dragon was coming, as theyve hinted at it since the box-art for part one... but still.

you could have just said "game stopping error during a final fight."
Ok wow sorry but the name of the game Dragon fire and even the introduction basically gave it away that your going to have to fight a dragon in this game.
Post edited May 22, 2012 by daleks13
oh come on the intro tells you about the dragon of doom. you learn about quite early in the game... if you ask around, read book in magic shop. etc.
oh and thr manual, even pretty much says the Dragon of Doom is the ultimate baddy in the enemy list...
Post edited May 22, 2012 by Baggins
hey now. not like im butt-hurt. was just sayin.

i have never played part 5. think ive said that three times now, in this thread :)
SapienChavez: hey now. not like im butt-hurt. was just sayin.

i have never played part 5. think ive said that three times now, in this thread :)
Although technically while the Dragon is made a big deal in the game. He isn't really the true villain or mastermind in the game. He's a bit like Avoozl in QFG4 or Iblis in QFG2. You know about them from the manual, and you know they are bad. But they aren't the masterminds.
It's most definitely worth it! Then again, I'm a tad bias because I absolutely LOVE this series, and as such a huge fan I like to see how things end; which in this case all the loose ends are taken cared of.
However, having said that, QG5 is probably the worst game in the series (in my opinion), because of what everybody on this thread has said: it's mostly action-based, not enough adventuring, etc. But that being said, it does bring it's own unique charm to the series (albeit the final game of the series.....). Just because I say it's the 'worst' game of the series doesn't mean it's a bad game; to the contrary. Games 1 - 4 are excellent, this one is simply good.
So there you have it, my two cents worth.
Personally, Quest for Glory V is my favorite. Whereas the four previous games were fun (don't get me wrong, I loved them each individually for different reasons), I prefer the fifth one because of the hundreds of different options, and choices you can make. What I dislike about virtual gaming is that you have to follow a strict timeline to get to your next set goal. However, with Quest for Glory V, you can do so many different activities to either spend weeks making the most of your gaming experience, or just get through it in a few days. I never get sick of it. 9.99 is a fantastic price for this game, because it is worth so many childhood memories and fun times for me. Hope this helped! :)
Baggins: Although technically while the Dragon is made a big deal in the game. He isn't really the true villain or mastermind in the game. He's a bit like Avoozl in QFG4 or Iblis in QFG2. You know about them from the manual, and you know they are bad. But they aren't the masterminds.
ok, i finished prat 5 and i really liked it!

in reagards to what you posted... the games opening cutscene give THE ENTIRE game away! all the twists and the mystery are given up right there!

the dragon was supposed to have an air of mystery! the kings death was supposed to have an air of mystery! the guy beind it all was supposed to BE a mystery!

yet, ALL this was given up right in the openeing movie... then the game trys to play all these events out like its some mystery i need to solve.

whats more, the opening movie made it seem like the event all happened before you get to Silmaria, then i realize only the first part of the cutscene has happened and that im playing the rest.

what?

pretty bad story-telling.

kinda funny that i was "caling you out" over something the game ruins on its own (even if i was half-serious)!

fun times! oh, and i won the chief thief comp but never got the end movie about it :( fun end to the "blackbird" subplot, nonetheless!
heh its kinda like Columbo thry show who dunnit then the rest of the show is about how Columbo figured it out....

Also even if you didn't watch the intro you learn about the Dragon prophecy about 10 minutes into the game IIRC. From Logos or Rakeesh iirc. There is also a reference to its first attack that destroyed Atlantis in the magic shop, if you have magic ability to read the book there. Also like i said the Dragon and its history is in the manual. In addition the Dragon was on the box too! IIRC yje blurb on the box stated you would take on the dragon. Obviously Dragon Fire as a name should be a dead giveaway!

Actually I don't remember if the Intro talks about the principle villain in the game who wants to take over the kingdom, but it does show his underling in the thieves guild who was the king's murderer...

On a trivia note the way justinian is killed in the intro is different than his death is described in the game! His throat is slashed in the intro. Whereas in the game it days he was poisoned.
Baggins: heh its kinda like Columbo thry show who dunnit then the rest of the show is about how Columbo figured it out....

Also even if you didn't watch the intro you learn about the Dragon prophecy about 10 minutes into the game IIRC. From Logos or Rakeesh iirc. There is also a reference to its first attack that destroyed Atlantis in the magic shop, if you have magic ability to read the book there. Also like i said the Dragon and its history is in the manual. In addition the Dragon was on the box too! IIRC yje blurb on the box stated you would take on the dragon. Obviously Dragon Fire as a name should be a dead giveaway!

Actually I don't remember if the Intro talks about the principle villain in the game who wants to take over the kingdom, but it does show his underling in the thieves guild who was the king's murderer...

On a trivia note the way justinian is killed in the intro is different than his death is described in the game! His throat is slashed in the intro. Whereas in the game it days he was poisoned.
yea, the WAY the king dies kinda bothered me. not matching and all that. plus, hes narrating his OWN death... huh? they really needed help with theur story-telling, imo.

oh, they definatly show "sonim" in the intro and his face matches. i figrued it out right away... maybe that part is not that obvious. the game does give that up before you really get it on your own, thanks to Elsa.

yes, they tell you about the dragon... but they say MORE than they should. i know before, i talked about the dragon being a spoiler, and im not trying to take that postion now... its just certain aspects of the dragon were given up...

all-in-all, really fun game! i definatly ike this game more than part 3! especially as a Thief!
SapienChavez now that you finshed part 5 can you please tell us if they fixed the runtime error when fighting the dragon ?
Hahah, well to be fair, if you have been playing through the series... end of QFG3 more or less gives away the villains of QFG4... The manual for 4 also gives away the whole Avoozl plotline in QFG4 pretty much, as well as discussing Ad Avis and his Dark Master being in Mordavia.

In QFG2 you learn some of the general plot in the manual, and about day three from Omar. Maybe a little earlier if you ask around about certain topics. In QFG2 you also have a couple of offhand references to the Dark Master, suggesting he or she would be a future villain. Although nothing directly tieing the Dark Master to the then idea of QFG3: Shadows of Darkness.

QFG1, it isn't long into the game that you learn about Baba Yaga, and what she has done to Spielburg...or learn about the Brigands Just by asking around!

In QFG2, you can basically learn about the plot of QFG3 from Rakeesh, since the events of QFG3 is essentially a revenge plot by the wizard Rakeesh discussed in the second game! Rakeesh will also recount much the same story in QFG3 if you follow certain question paths. You also are told quite a bit in the first day while talking to Rakeesh's brother. About the only mystery is if Rakeesh's daughter survived the attack you learn about at the beginning of the game! The manual for 3 gives some details away, but not nearly as much as the earlier manuals did for their games.

Nah, I wouldn't say there really are very many 'mysteries' anywhere during the series! The backhistories and objectives were often pretty much in the open! The series isn't so much about the objective, but how you get to your objective (class choices/skills)!
Post edited May 28, 2012 by Baggins
daleks13: SapienChavez now that you finshed part 5 can you please tell us if they fixed the runtime error when fighting the dragon ?
i did not experince any run time errors. the dragon fight ran smooth. i failed the first attempt and got it on the second. no lag or hiccups or anything in either try. ran great.

i had two crashes the entire game. one, trying repeatedly to jump into the fountain to get to hades (i was wrong) and one other crash... im forgetting what i was doing on that one.

im on Win7 64-bit and ran the game as-is.
Baggins: Hahah, well to be fair, if you have been playing through the series... end of QFG3 more or less gives away the villains of QFG4... The manual for 4 also gives away the whole Avoozl plotline in QFG4 pretty much, as well as discussing Ad Avis and his Dark Master being in Mordavia.

In QFG2 you learn some of the general plot in the manual, and about day three from Omar. Maybe a little earlier if you ask around about certain topics. In QFG2 you also have a couple of offhand references to the Dark Master, suggesting he or she would be a future villain. Although nothing directly tieing the Dark Master to the then idea of QFG3: Shadows of Darkness.

QFG1, it isn't long into the game that you learn about Baba Yaga, and what she has done to Spielburg...or learn about the Brigands Just by asking around!

In QFG2, you can basically learn about the plot of QFG3 from Rakeesh, since the events of QFG3 is essentially a revenge plot by the wizard Rakeesh discussed in the second game! Rakeesh will also recount much the same story in QFG3 if you follow certain question paths. You also are told quite a bit in the first day while talking to Rakeesh's brother. About the only mystery is if Rakeesh's daughter survived the attack you learn about at the beginning of the game! The manual for 3 gives some details away, but not nearly as much as the earlier manuals did for their games.

Nah, I wouldn't say there really are very many 'mysteries' anywhere during the series! The backhistories and objectives were often pretty much in the open! The series isn't so much about the objective, but how you get to your objective (class choices/skills)!
true that. i guess i dont reemmber learning those stories for the first time, as its been so long and i was 12-15 when i played the first 4 games :)

the ad avis example is really a give away, if you finish part 3. if you never play part 3, i guess it plays out myserious... but his characters impact is lost if you never played part 2.

i really love these games!
Post edited May 29, 2012 by SapienChavez