It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hickory: Ok. that's definitely an 'uninstall / reinstall' situation there. _Lectral (GOG Blue) said that the installer performs a binary differential check, so it looks as though it's not happy that yours are original files. I know I got the 'incorrect version' on Assembly-CSharp.dll, when applying the first patch, because I had overlooked removing the IE mod. Once I replaced the backed up original, it installed just fine.
Yeah I had the same issue with the first patch, but after I had managed to install 1.0.3, I didn't even use IEmod again... so I'm a bit at a loss here.

Update: ok, I did it - I reinstalled GoG's 2.0.1.2 patch, then tried 2.1.0.3 again. No errors whatsoever :D
Post edited April 08, 2015 by M4xw0lf
M4xw0lf: Update: ok, I did it - I reinstalled GoG's 2.0.1.2 patch, then tried 2.1.0.3 again. No errors whatsoever :D
Cool. ;)
Dear GoG support,

Is it possible for you to upgrade your patch installer to provide more verbose output in case of errors? For example, to list which exactly file is not matching its expected content, etc.
Voodoo84: Dear GoG support,

Is it possible for you to upgrade your patch installer to provide more verbose output in case of errors? For example, to list which exactly file is not matching its expected content, etc.
The patch log does exactly this, actually.
Mac user here! This might sound stupid but do i have to install the 1.03 patch at all or will the patch 1.0.3.530
alone do the trick? I understood from the first post in this thread that 1.0.3.530 includes the 1.03 AND the hotfix for the lockpick bug etc.? am i right or did i misunderstand it? I have tried to install them both but when i try to install the 1.0.3.530 after the 1.03 it keeps complaining that "this patch wont work on your game version".
TheCeeMon: Mac user here! This might sound stupid but do i have to install the 1.03 patch at all or will the patch 1.0.3.530
alone do the trick? I understood from the first post in this thread that 1.0.3.530 includes the 1.03 AND the hotfix for the lockpick bug etc.? am i right or did i misunderstand it? I have tried to install them both but when i try to install the 1.0.3.530 after the 1.03 it keeps complaining that "this patch wont work on your game version".
I'm getting the same "this patch won't work on your game version" error message for both patches. Uninstall/ reinstall in order?
TheCeeMon: Mac user here! This might sound stupid but do i have to install the 1.03 patch at all or will the patch 1.0.3.530
Hello,
yes you have to install both patches in that order: 1.0.3 -> 1.0.3.530.
Could you please provide content of: ~/Library/Application Support/GOG.com/Patcher/Patcher.log ?
Post edited April 10, 2015 by _Lectral
Hey guys i got the game patched! I have never disabled spotlight (which seems to be designed by satan himself and is the problem in many of these cases) so the method that i used worked. which was completely retarded also. but it worked.

I deleted the game and reinstalled it. then i moved the pillars app from the Applications folder (by holding cmd + dragdrop) to my external hard drive. then i patched the game in there (by choosing the external hard drive as the install location, both patch installers asks for it). both patch installations succeeded. then i dragdropped the game back to the Applications folder and voila, it works!

i hope this helps.
So... is this the 1.04 patch?
i have the same problem, i patched the game to 2.0.1.2 and it worked, now i tried 2.1.0.3 and my patch log looks terrible...incorrect version of everything =)
darkness58ec: So... is this the 1.04 patch?
No.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but has game's download been updated to already patched version, effectively cutting us out from release version?
RudyLis: Correct me if I'm wrong, but has game's download been updated to already patched version, effectively cutting us out from release version?
Yes, but this is the normal way with Gog, all the games are eventually in their last version.
Belsirk: Yes, but this is the normal way with Gog, all the games are eventually in their last version.
Thanks for reply. I hope either Obsidian will fix that random death bug, or I'll find release version somewhere. :)
Keep your installers, if you don't want to lose all the versions of the game.