It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello everyone,

When I try to install PoE (tried several times now), at first it stucks at %100 (shows 0.1 Mb as speed), then it gives an 18446744 TB error, and at last GOG notifies an error as "Installation Failed: Connection Problem". Also there is a Retry button but it makes no difference when I try to retry installing it.

I have checked the forum and couldn't find any solution. Can anyone help me out?

Regards :)
My problem is just solved by itself. I just tried repair this time, and now it looks OK :)
I've reported this multiple times to GOG with zero response. I think it's a problem with Galaxy or maybe the patches for the game. Hopefully it gets fixed sometime. Mine was working okay for about a week and then it went back to trying to update again even though I was on the latest version.
asimovfreerobot: My problem is just solved by itself. I just tried repair this time, and now it looks OK :)
How could you repair it? With me, the repair button is just greyed out and after some time the installer stops and it says "connection error"
asimovfreerobot: My problem is just solved by itself. I just tried repair this time, and now it looks OK :)
MrWilliamDeathEsq: How could you repair it? With me, the repair button is just greyed out and after some time the installer stops and it says "connection error"
I don't know I just somehow saw the validate/repair button and just clicked it. Then it got itself fixed.
Sorry I can not be much help :(
Hey I had this same error and I can tell you what I did to fix it. I'm on a Mac, so the locations of various files/folders might be different if you are on a Windows or Linux machine.

What I did was find out where the log files are. See this post (apparently it won't let me post a link for some reason, so just go to gog.com and add to the end of the url /forum/general/gog_galaxy_beta_2) for where those would be on your system. I then looked through the logs and it seems that there is only one file that Galaxy is unable to download for me which is anger.unity3d in the (Galaxy Downloads Folders)/assetbundles/prefabs/objectbundle/ directory in the download hierarchy.

What I did was:

* Go to the Pillars of Eternity page in Galaxy, select More->Get Backup & Extras
* Download the game backup copy
* Close Galaxy client
* Install the downloaded copy
* Find where the game was installed and copy the missing file into (Galaxy Downloads Folders)/assetbundles/prefabs/objectbundle/
* When you do this you need to remove the associated anger.unity3d.download file that is in the same directory
* Then start up Galaxy and it should be able to finish the installation
* Uninstall the version you installed manually (which for OSX is just deleting the extra version of PillarsOfEternity.app in the /Applications folder)
* The Galaxy version of Pillars of Eternity has a different icon and the directory on disk is named Pillars of Eternity.app (notice the spaces and lower case 'o' for of)

Hope that's helpful in some way!
MrWilliamDeathEsq: How could you repair it? With me, the repair button is just greyed out and after some time the installer stops and it says "connection error"
When it says failed or w/e just the validate/repair should be available but it may not work js.
dojoteef: I then looked through the logs and it seems that there is only one file that Galaxy is unable to download for me which is anger.unity3d in the (Galaxy Downloads Folders)/assetbundles/prefabs/objectbundle/ directory in the download hierarchy.
Same for me, i just have anger.unity3d.download
dojoteef: * Install the downloaded copy
But how can i install the game if this file is damaged? I downloaded the backup file in the Galaxy Client and but don't have the actual anger.unity3d .
Oh I just installed the backup copy (which on Mac OSX installs to a different location). Copied the backup version of anger.unity3d to the location of anger.unity3d.download, then deleted anger.unity3d.download and the backup copy.

I haven't tried this on Windows or any other platform so your results may vary if you aren't doing it on Mac OSX.
Exact same problem. I wish I could get an official word from either GOG or Obsidian about this. I bought this game back in December and played for about 25 hours. All of a sudden, GOG Galaxy told me the game was corrupt after patch 3.02 came out. I tried to verify the game cache with GOG Galaxy but I got an error where the game was trying to download 18446744 TB of data and finally an "Error: Connection interrupted." I uninstalled the game and tried to reinstall it using the offline downloader. This time, the game installs to around 10% and just gets stuck there. None of these problems happened before 3.02. Are there corrupted files in patch 3.02 in the GOG version? Am I SOL and need to buy the Steam version instead?
I'm getting this as well. Unfortunately, I'm one of those who thought that a clean install would help so I uninstalled. Now I can't play at all!
dojoteef: I haven't tried this on Windows or any other platform so your results may vary if you aren't doing it on Mac OSX.
I'm downloading the whole game through Chrome Downloader from gog.com now. Would i be allowed to upload the non corrupt anger.unity3d or is this one kind of copyrighted?
Trupsy, I don't really know the legality of that. Sorry, I'm not a developer for either GOG or Obsidian.

That said I did file a bug report with GOG and each of you that are running into the problem should do the same. In my response to them I mentioned that I had figured out a work around and I linked to this post and another one where people are complaining about this bug.

They got back to me on April 27th and said they would look into the problem. Considering the number of recent posts on this forum describing problems with installing the game I'm a little surprised they haven't made a sticky note for it or better yet detail a fix or workaround.

Make sure to report the bug, it's super important as that has a higher likelihood of getting their attention than forum posts do. So go here (Sorry I'm not allowed to post links for some reason, so here are the steps to get to there support site, assuming it's the same for US as other countries... certainly hope it is):
1) Go to gog.com
2) In the top bar there should be a link that says "Support", click that
3) There are four categories of support listed: "Games Support", "Website FAQ", "Policies", and "Contact Us". Select "Contact Us"
4) There should be a bunch of options now, choose option: "Problems with website and user accounts and GOG Galaxy" which is the third one down and let them know what problem you're running into.

Good luck!
I've run into this before, didn't think of telling galaxy to download a backup copy.

I just finished downloading all the standalone installers (for the expansions) and now I've discovered that the GOG installer doesn't work either. It just says "Verifying "pillars_of_eternity_2.12.0.28.pkg"..." and the progress bar doesn't move at all. I've been staring at it for 5+ minutes and no movement whatsoever.

GOG has seriously messed up with this game. Can anyone else confirm that the standalone installer (7.41 GB on Mac) doesn't work?

Also, isn't this game like 12GB+? how is the installer pkg file only 7.41?