It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey guys, early this year my 1440x900 monitor died on me, and I got this 1366x768 monitor as a replacement (it can display up to 1920x1080, but everything just gets tiny, and I don't feel like straining my eyes just to see what i'm doing), Since then quite a few of my GoG games have just refused to work. The screen blinks black for a second as the games start to load, then they just close. It has reached to point now that I am becoming very sceptical about buying any of the older games on here. games that this happens with include:

Pharaoh Gold
DK2
Temple of Elemental Evil
Planescape Torment (but I hot this working using the modding guide on here)
HOMM3 (same as above)

and a few more that I can't remember since I uninstalled most of them out of sheer frustration. A lot of people have said that these games would work, just with black borders...... obviously this is not the case for me. If anyone can help me find a solution it would be very appreciated.

Just to note, I tried the widescreen fix for Pharaoh in this forum, but it changed nothing at all.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Are any errors produced ? Did you install any programs that may have upgraded files for older games, causing them to become incompatible ? I doubt that the issue is related to your monitor.
Shukaku: Are any errors produced ? Did you install any programs that may have upgraded files for older games, causing them to become incompatible ? I doubt that the issue is related to your monitor.
Nope and nope.
no clue what's wrong, as two out of three of those games I have, on my win7 computer, they work, and I've the same screen res.
If it can go up to 1920x1080 then I'm surprised it won't display at 1440x900. Try checking you're using the latest drivers for both your graphics card and your monitor...
Crispy78: If it can go up to 1920x1080 then I'm surprised it won't display at 1440x900. Try checking you're using the latest drivers for both your graphics card and your monitor...
But 1440x900 isn't the correct aspect ratio, so it doesn't fit the screen.
Did you re-run the setup / config for your games to change them to the new resolution?
Crispy78: Did you re-run the setup / config for your games to change them to the new resolution?
Of course I did. Sorry to be blunt about it, but I'm tired of being recommended to try incredibly obvious solutions.
About 1366x768
The horizontal resolution must be a multiple of 4.
(otherwise the graphics of the game will be distorted)
Therefore, a resolution of 1366x768 will not work, since 1366 is not a multiple of 4.
Try 1360x768