It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Trying to come up with a build similar to an Anti-Paladin/BlackGuard or Death Knight wielding a Bastard Sword (flavor reasons). Can't pick between Clr 10/Vin 10 (from Call of the Wild mod) or Fight 1/Clr 19. Reason why is i really wanna try a Necro Lord.
IriTheWitch: Trying to come up with a build similar to an Anti-Paladin/BlackGuard or Death Knight wielding a Bastard Sword (flavor reasons). Can't pick between Clr 10/Vin 10 (from Call of the Wild mod) or Fight 1/Clr 19. Reason why is i really wanna try a Necro Lord.
Depends on how you do it. I'd probably just go for an armored sorc and was done with it. You have your Animate dead and waves of exhaustion along with enough buffs to to stack good AC even in armor(which I guess you want to be wearing). Should look something like F1/Sorc5/DD4/EK10.

If I absolutely had to go cleric route I'd probably abandon ship on 9th level spells and gotten 16BAB instead. Something like Cler15/2HF4/Stalwart1 maybe. For the god I'd likely go LE abadar as nobility domain is good. Second domain you can either pick travel or just go crusader for bit more feats. And you can still channel positive energy for the out of combat healing as a bonus. Mostly cause 9th level spells kinda suck. Only really useful stuff there is mass heal that is better spammed from the scrolls anyways.

Can't comment on CoTW as I don't use it. It'd make the game far too easy and it's already not that challenging past early A1. I also have no clue how you are supposed to carry either armored sorc or a cleric main through A1 unfair.
Post edited March 30, 2020 by InEffect
Do 2h fighter's bonuses work with oversized bastard swords?
vnth: Do 2h fighter's bonuses work with oversized bastard swords?
Yes
thanks. Even weapon training?
vnth: thanks. Even weapon training?
Yes, IIRC, although I don't usually go that far in 2HF. 3 is good to soup up standard action attacks like AoO and cleaves. It's way too linear of a power curve after.
Post edited March 31, 2020 by InEffect
Huh. There's one thread over at steam where folks complained that it doesn't work for them. Guess there's only one way to find out. I think they were talking about the '2H Weapon Fighting Training' feat that you get at the 1st level.

I completed the game a lot of times and have followed a lot of builds. This time I'm just trying (poorly) to see if I can make fighter a bit more useful. I think teamwork is the way to go. It seems to be the only way to make use of too many feats.
Post edited March 31, 2020 by vnth
vnth: Huh. There's one thread over at steam where folks complained that it doesn't work for them. Guess there's only one way to find out. I think they were talking about the '2H Weapon Fighting Training' feat that you get at the 1st level.

I completed the game a lot of times and have followed a lot of builds. This time I'm just trying (poorly) to see if I can make fighter a bit more useful. I think teamwork is the way to go. It seems to be the only way to make use of too many feats.
Useful fighter is called a bard. And if you want CMB thing you do trip vivi or a monk. Teamwork everyone does rougly the same since seize the moment doesn't exactly stack with outflank and everyone wants outflank as is. And most of all, there is nothing fighter does better than anyone else would. One can make a fighter alright, but it's virtually impossible to make a fighter competitive.
Lol i think it is given that i dont really know what im doing. But i meant like back to back and such. I tjink some of them has bonus that would increase as more ppl took the feat. Or something. Im just tired of using the same weapons and builds, op as they may be haha.
vnth: Lol i think it is given that i dont really know what im doing. But i meant like back to back and such. I tjink some of them has bonus that would increase as more ppl took the feat. Or something. Im just tired of using the same weapons and builds, op as they may be haha.
There is lots of funky things one can do. You can do a shapeshifing feyspeaker for example and it aint even bad, surprisingly enough. Double weapons get 1.5 str while being technically dual-wielding... There is quite a bit of viable stuff I didn't cover
What I don't remember is if double weapons do work with 2HF, though. Think they didn't, but aint 100% sure.
Edit. I did a double axe STR vivisectionist16/M1/Wiz3. Was pretty decent, although extra attacks from that unique double axe don't proc sneak dice, to my disappointment. I also aint sure Wiz levels were worth it in the end since I got gyronna not that much later.
What I usually do is I find something interesting be it weapon or mechanic and build from there. Trying to force the class is usually just an exercise in frustration. 2HF I very much like on a move action heavy classes with booter being a prime example. Reach weapon Booter10/M1/2HF3/Archae2/DD4 is nice since you can spend move actions on booter stuff and use cleave a lot.
Any other combat maneuver works too, cleave is just always useful and opens up cleaving finish.
Hi InEffect. I know you're not a huge fan of AT-Sorcs, but I've been trying to come up with a Sage-sorc AT. Taking advantage of the INT as the teams skill monkey, also INT would benefit a level of or two of vivi more to stack those true strikes. Do you think it could compete in anyway with your AT blaster? I'd go conjuration early game with grease spec, then move into evo after level 13 or so. What do you think?
BillyPilgrim86: Hi InEffect. I know you're not a huge fan of AT-Sorcs, but I've been trying to come up with a Sage-sorc AT. Taking advantage of the INT as the teams skill monkey, also INT would benefit a level of or two of vivi more to stack those true strikes.
The appropriate question would be "why?". Sage is good at two things. One is DC stacking - doesn't need AT for that. The other is getting a huge load of spells - AT actively harms you on that. If you want skill access just take 2 vivi levels for cognatogen. It's good and you get your skills. And take necro as a 2nd school to actually do some damage. Empowered banshee is 300 damage. Not that bad. And you get undeath to death and all that to deal with things that are immune to illusions. That'd only leave golems that'd be hard to deal with and that's it.

BillyPilgrim86: Do you think it could compete in anyway with your AT blaster? I'd go conjuration early game with grease spec, then move into evo after level 13 or so. What do you think?
On damage? LoL, no. It can do 'some' stuff better, though. Like being an illusionist.
Post edited April 01, 2020 by InEffect
If I was to play without any alchemist or monk level for anyone, would that make Sword saint or Eldritch scion non viable for MC as magic "tank/MDPS"?
Should the Sword Saint dump CHA if not taking any monk level?
Should they replace the monk/Vivi levels with their base class or should I rely on another archetype?
Galdred: If I was to play without any alchemist or monk level for anyone, would that make Sword saint or Eldritch scion non viable for MC as magic "tank/MDPS"?
Should the Sword Saint dump CHA if not taking any monk level?
Should they replace the monk/Vivi levels with their base class or should I rely on another archetype?
There is still armored sorc. He can stack enough AC. Same goes for shield bash slayer. Problem is neither get the AC as fast, so unfair will move a bit slower. I'd probably go for sorcerer if I got my back against the wall on the matter.
Hey InEffect,

I really like the look of the DPS archer build you have posted, my only problem being its abysmal charisma. Is there any way of altering this to make up for that fact without hampering its main objective too much?