It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
As you all know, owlcat gave us a workaround to make it work, but it doesn't actually work for real.

Owlcat workaround is easy: start a new game, exit it and then your DLC will work. too bad it's just an illusion, you can see the portrait for the tiefling race but you can't actually select the new race or class.

I don't know why but something, somehwere in the main cause the DLC loading to fail, and once it's failed it stay corrup until you close the game, so what we need is a way to force the game to load the game files without interating with any of the main menu screens.

the answer is painfully simple: continue button, I am not trolling, it's as simple as that.

Step by step work around that works, for me it never failed so far to get the DLC working:

STEP 1:Create a new game or load an old playthrough doesn't mater and make a new clean save, the point is to make sure tha save is the newest one.

STEP2: exit the game and start it again

STEP 3: DO NOT CLICK THE NEW GAMES BUTTON or the LOAD GAME BUTTON if you do, the DLC will fail to activate

STEP 4: click the CONTINUE button and NOTHING ELSE, not even setting

STEP5: wait for your game to load, and miracle the DLC is active, now you can go back to the main menu, you will notice your screen is much darker, and now you are allowed to click the new game button and the new race and class will be available

for the devs, if I enter the game with the CONTINUE button then goes back to main menu to start a new game the DLC is active, if I load the exact same save with the LOAD GAME button in the main menue, then exit that save to start a new game, the DLC won't work. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Now that's the kind of reproductability that should help you track down the root of the issue.
JSLfromBx: Now that's the kind of reproductability that should help you track down the root of the issue.
The issue shouldn't be there in the first place.
you are a saint. it worked.
can we pin it for now?
Post edited December 16, 2018 by InEffect
wow it works thanks!
this sadly isnt working for me :(
Works for me too, thanks. Thiefling misses it's horns however.
Wondering how far have you progressed into the game? A lot of people reported that dlc stops working after a while, and are unable to load the game.
JSLfromBx: Now that's the kind of reproductability that should help you track down the root of the issue.
Hickory: The issue shouldn't be there in the first place.
Definitly agree, but at least with this trick some people will still be able to play the DLC they paid for
Sorry I am not a dev, this is the best I could do
MaIkavian: Works for me too, thanks. Thiefling misses it's horns however.
Wondering how far have you progressed into the game? A lot of people reported that dlc stops working after a while, and are unable to load the game.
I started a new playthrough with a character design around the new companion romance, so I am not very far I am affraid, definitly keeping plenty of separate save game in case things break apart further down the line, hopefull if this playthrough get corrupted I won't have to start from scratch.

Once can only hope we get a new patch next week
Post edited December 16, 2018 by JSLfromBx
Well, it works. Looks like Kineticist Knight wiil be my main class for second playthrough. But right now I'll wait for patch.
JSLfromBx: As you all know, owlcat gave us a workaround to make it work, but it doesn't actually work for real.

Owlcat workaround is easy: start a new game, exit it and then your DLC will work. too bad it's just an illusion, you can see the portrait for the tiefling race but you can't actually select the new race or class.

I don't know why but something, somehwere in the main cause the DLC loading to fail, and once it's failed it stay corrup until you close the game, so what we need is a way to force the game to load the game files without interating with any of the main menu screens.

the answer is painfully simple: continue button, I am not trolling, it's as simple as that.

Step by step work around that works, for me it never failed so far to get the DLC working:

STEP 1:Create a new game or load an old playthrough doesn't mater and make a new clean save, the point is to make sure tha save is the newest one.

STEP2: exit the game and start it again

STEP 3: DO NOT CLICK THE NEW GAMES BUTTON or the LOAD GAME BUTTON if you do, the DLC will fail to activate

STEP 4: click the CONTINUE button and NOTHING ELSE, not even setting

STEP5: wait for your game to load, and miracle the DLC is active, now you can go back to the main menu, you will notice your screen is much darker, and now you are allowed to click the new game button and the new race and class will be available

for the devs, if I enter the game with the CONTINUE button then goes back to main menu to start a new game the DLC is active, if I load the exact same save with the LOAD GAME button in the main menue, then exit that save to start a new game, the DLC won't work. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Now that's the kind of reproductability that should help you track down the root of the issue.
You are a pathfinder saver!

Somehow my post wildcards patch save games got tagged with "DLC required" Even though I couldn't use the DLC other then the portraits.

Now with your workaround I can get past tiefling kinetistist creation and I can also continue my previous game as my saves are no longer tagged DLC required!

Thanks for sharing.

EDIT: Not using any mods, windows 10, imperial edition. Played through as kinetist tiefling to Oleg's and was able to level up to level 2 OK.
Post edited December 17, 2018 by VipsterGOG
Great job man. I was using the Bag of Tricks 1.8.0 that inadvertently unlocks all the DLC (removed in later versions of the mod). The concern for me there is saves might be broken when the game is updated if Bag of Tricks stop working.

I tried your solution and indeed with the Bag of Tricks mod uninstalled I can press the continue button to carry on playing. If I then make a new savegame (that no longer has the Bag of Trick mod tied to it) I can load that save the next time I play the game PROVIDED I first use the continue button. Using anything else from the main menu will break the game again.

This means I could probably "clean" a save of the Bag of Tricks mod if need be in the future to not lose my campaign using this workaround.
This works for me.

Shouldn't be needed.
Owlcat clearly have no idea what they are doing; but it works.

EDIT: Although it appears it does not work with mods installed. Or at least, I've not been able to replicate.
Post edited December 17, 2018 by skaeren
I will endure these first step lessons considering how much I love this game. For being the first game the studio made and given the expansive nature of the systems they faithfully adapted. Was looking forward to this being the weekend I charged full blown into the game, but willing to wait given what I have seen so far.
I have also had success with this workaround. I created a tiefling eldritch scoundrel and played through the prologue with no issues.
Will probably still be another week before it's officially fixed for GOG folks lmao.
You have done it!