It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Mortheim: Hello everyone! New hotfix is here!
System

Zip library is upgraded to fix some rare save corruption issues. Unfortunately, affected saves files can not be corrected.
Still no patch for linux. TBH, I have not yet finshed downloading 1.0.9c. 23G almost every day!
BTW, who is in charge for packing new versions and patches? Whom should we ping to got incremental patches and newest releases?
Is it your team( owlcat) or gog.com?
green.rabbit: Is it your team( owlcat) or gog.com?
Developers are orange text, GOG are blue text.
Erelah: @nomander

I played the Wizardry Series when it came out as it came out. When all the art was line art. I do not recall game breaking bugs. The same with the Gold Box CRPGs when they game out (not resold) there were not any game breaking bugs. When you move to more modern games such as Troika in Vampire: Bloodlines the reason why that game was a bugged filled mess is the studio who made it was on its way out of business. They published a unfinished game as they ran out of money. (One of the first player created patches was restoring backgrounds and other things left our due to the rush to publish before they went out of business.)
Wizardry gold was littered with enormus bugs (it was a major complaint about the game), not to mention, Wiz 7 DoS had some bugs that were also game breaking depending on what version you had. The Gold Box games had various bugs as well, some even game breaking (ie being trapped in a room, infinte combat loops, etc...).

Point is, bugs existed and in many games it was a major issue. ToEE and Arcanum had some MAJOR game breaking bugs at release that needed to be patched. Many games of the time did. Not everyone experienced them, but they existed none the less.

Point is, bugs existed back then and while there may be some lax attitudes today in the development of games, the ideaa that somehow this game is "different" is a misleading tale of bias evaluation.
nomander: We should defend any and all developers who "honestly" attempt to realize the "ideal" of this type of gaming, even if they crash and burn. That is not to say we should defend blindly, but with an evaluation of honest intent and effort on their part with a certain amount of expectation of responsibilty.
Hickory: Support, yes, but not defend. You cannot or should not, defend indefensible positions. Anybody, individual or company, who makes a mistake should be given the chance to atone for or amend that mistake, but the mistake itself should never be defended. Thats the road to mediocrity. Make aware; make good.
I didn't say defend the indefenisble.

I said they were repairing the game in a regular manner and that the game having bugs is not somehow uncommon to games in the past to which the poster claimed.

I don't defend their failure to release a bug free product, rather I defend the fact that bugfree is a false tale told by ignorance or motive, not fact and that to attack and complain over the issue serves motive and individual narcicism only.

Bugs exist in all games. The developers have already shown they are diligently working on it. People can sit around complaining and ignorantly whining about how this game is somehow "different" than the decades of games who have had bugs previously, or... they can report the bugs, hold off on playing, or help others on solutions to get around them as they occur. Anyting more than that is simply looking to gain attention.
Post edited October 18, 2018 by nomander
green.rabbit: Is it your team( owlcat) or gog.com?
Hickory: Developers are orange text, GOG are blue text.
Yeah. But who create archives? GOG.com or owlcat? Which support should I ask for it?
nomander: I don't defend their failure to release a bug free product, rather I defend the fact that bugfree is a false tale told by ignorance or motive, not fact and that to attack and complain over the issue serves motive and individual narcicism only.
That's not what you said at all. You said, "We should defend any and all developers who "honestly" attempt to realize the "ideal" of this type of gaming, even if they crash and burn." What you should have said is, "We should support any and all developers who "honestly" attempt to realize the "ideal" of this type of gaming, even if they crash and burn."
Hickory: Developers are orange text, GOG are blue text.
green.rabbit: Yeah. But who create archives? GOG.com or owlcat? Which support should I ask for it?
Owlcat create the archives and subsequently give them to GOG for distribution. Owlcat are responsible for their creation and for support of Linux.
Post edited October 18, 2018 by Hickory
nomander: I don't defend their failure to release a bug free product, rather I defend the fact that bugfree is a false tale told by ignorance or motive, not fact and that to attack and complain over the issue serves motive and individual narcicism only.
Hickory: That's not what you said at all. You said, "We should defend any and all developers who "honestly" attempt to realize the "ideal" of this type of gaming, even if they crash and burn." What you should have said is, "We should support any and all developers who "honestly" attempt to realize the "ideal" of this type of gaming, even if they crash and burn."
green.rabbit: Yeah. But who create archives? GOG.com or owlcat? Which support should I ask for it?
Hickory: Owlcat create the archives and subsequently give them to GOG for distribution. Owlcat are responsible for their creation and for support of Linux.
Context is important, otherwise one is left to believe one is thaty of a charlatan clinging to their dogma in the face of a logical point.

I stated the following:

"We should defend any and all developers who "honestly" attempt to realize the "ideal" of this type of gaming, even if they crash and burn. That is not to say we should defend blindly, but with an evaluation of honest intent and effort on their part with a certain amount of expectation of responsibility. We do that, and we aid the continuance of this type of work. If we shun it and dismiss it without such consideration, we merely seal the fate of these type of games and promote the continuance of mediocrity to which the state of AAA games have become. "

You CHOSE to ignore the bold/underline secondary sentence which placed the comment in its proper context.

You have shown yourself to be as I mentioned, one seeking a bias to a position, not one honestly seeking a ;point of reasonable contention. Your argument is without merit, it has been shown to be so.

By the way, defend is the proper word here as the accusations and complaints (ie people claiming this games bugs are more signifiicant or detrimental than the standard of games in the decades past) are unfounded. The fact is, as I stated, this is nothing new or different from games of old. The difference now is there are more people playing games and there is a faster mechanism to produce fixes. This is actually a good thing, as many of these problems are taken care of much faster than they were in games of old (how many years did it take to put fixes for the BG series, Gothic, Arcanum, ToEE, Vampire?), as is obvious with this companies responses and attention to those issues.
nomander: ,,, <Piffle>
Defending or defending blindly is still defending. I ignored nothing. You have no argument. You are blathering.
nomander: ,,, <Piffle>
Hickory: Defending or defending blindly is still defending. I ignored nothing. You have no argument. You are blathering.
Now you are simply practing in word retardation for the sake of defending a position that is failing.

Sorry, but I don't play in such stupid word games. You are wrong, completely and evidently.
Hickory: Defending or defending blindly is still defending. I ignored nothing. You have no argument. You are blathering.
nomander: Now you are simply practing in word retardation for the sake of defending a position that is failing.

Sorry, but I don't play in such stupid word games. You are wrong, completely and evidently.
Says the person practising ad hominem attacks. Keep blathering.
nomander: Now you are simply practing in word retardation for the sake of defending a position that is failing.

Hickory: Says the person practising ad hominem attacks. Keep blathering.
go attend to the fullness of my response, but you won't. You chose to half quote me to promote your point, now you will devolve in accusations of intent and character to try and detract from your failing position. Anyone who can read can easily scroll up and see where you partially quoted me, then were caught, then tried to play word games to avoid dealing with the fault and now are feigning an alinksy argumentive tactic of projection in order to be percieved as valid.

You are wrong, you were shown so. Now you are arguing to shore up your arrogance. You are not worthy of discussion as you have shown youself to be lacking in such adult processes.

Good day!

We are done.

Argue with yourself, you can be master of your own domain!
nomander: ...
You still here? I thought you didn't play word games.
The game is even more broken now. This is my third game and now all the act 1 -3 events, missions and whatnot are bugging out. Just had the Oleg's Trading Post event about Taxes got stuck; ntohing happens in the throne room. This is happening with 3-4 other events as well; on my second playthrough I only run into these problems on act 5, and even then only two events bugged(though the whole act was beyond bugged as well).
Since the last patch, the game is crashing to desktop every time I try to start a new game (after the character selcetion / creation screens).

UPDATE: The game also crashes to desktop when trying to "CONTINUE" or "LOAD GAME".

Same effect as described above.
Post edited October 19, 2018 by mikesan72
We still have c and c+ to go.

I installed the 1.0.10 yesterday and no crashes or loading issues what others said.

There was one weird thing where Olegs trade post popped up in the journal as active and I should talk to the guests at the Bankett (this part showed as failed). Once I left my main village and was on the map, the quest was gone again and both showed as solved if I checked in finished quests.
Guys, please, if you face any bugs - send us the logs and save file with a short description in the subject to this e-mail address: technical@owlcatgames.com
To get the log files and save please follow the steps on this page: https://owlcatgames.com/content/reporting-bug
It will make locating and fixing the issue faster.

Also, if you have any feedback about game mechanics - I always browse GoG and gather info, so you are heard. But to change something takes time.