It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

there is a bug when you save the game, the screenshot is in upper left corner, not centered.Everything else makes game even better :)
thanks chautemoc. The new link worked
sweet! :) that's a wonderful job you did there :) thank you so much!
Amazing work Zenger. I haven't played long enough to be sure that the game is fully stable, but the patch installed flawlessly, improved the graphics a LOT and even removed a bunch of graphical glitches. HUGE thanks. I hope this patch reaches as much Outcast players as possible!
Hi,
There is a highspeedmirror that always works:
http://binger.at/640V3withvisor.zip
http://binger.at/640V3novisor.zip
Post edited May 17, 2010 by fiz
Great work Zenger, thanks. You should definitely contact GOG so that they include your patch in the game installer.
This is the first 640*480 patch that I try. I was not too enthusiastic about random hangups... so far, it's working great, and the game looks really better ! I did not think it would make such a difference... Besides, now I can have the game run in real fullscreen without having to resort to driver-level hacks...
As for the loading screen problem : if you hadn't included a screenshot, I wouldn't even have noticed it. Not an issue as far as I'm concerned.
Also, thanks fiz for your mirrors. They work perfectly and at great speed.
Just tried it for first time and it runs great on Windows 7. Only (minor) problem I've noticed is in the intro, subtitles aren't at the bottom where they should be during the cutscene/conversation. Dunno if there are a bunch of scenes like that or not.
Post edited May 17, 2010 by chautemoc
post "deleted" --- fixed problem
Post edited May 19, 2010 by devxx
\\edit - nvm
Post edited May 19, 2010 by CashChase
First of all, thank you for the awesome fix.
Now, sorry to say, but there's something IMO crucial that is missing from this patch, and that is the depth of field rendering of the original, unpatched version.
If you for example go to the window in the house you start in, in the original version (512*384), the outside is rendered blurry because it is far away and the game actually emulates the depth of field like a real camera would give to great effect (objects are only sharp when close to you and become more and more blurry and anti-aliased when far away). In the patched version, this very atmospheric and awesome effect is not present at all.
Another thing to notice is that in the original, unpatched game, there is a "bug" concerning this depth of field effect. This bug has always been present in the game since it got first released, and is not so bad:
The depth of field effect is NOT rendered, even in the original, unpatched game, whenever you are in first person view. For example, if you look at a scenery like that view out of the window I mentioned, then use "Home" to zoom in, then as soon as the view switches to first person, everything becomes perfectly sharp, and the depth of field effect is thus missing.
Well, I can live with that little problem since it has always been there and could be considered a "feature" of the game. But in the patched version, as awesome and great as it is, this atmospheric depth of field effect is not only missing from the first person view, but is ALWAYS missing.
Is this something that can be easilty fixed?
raistlin9989: First of all, thank you for the awesome fix.
Now, sorry to say, but there's something IMO crucial that is missing from this patch, and that is the depth of field rendering of the original, unpatched version.
If you for example go to the window in the house you start in, in the original version (512*384), the outside is rendered blurry because it is far away and the game actually emulates the depth of field like a real camera would give to great effect (objects are only sharp when close to you and become more and more blurry and anti-aliased when far away). In the patched version, this very atmospheric and awesome effect is not present at all.
Another thing to notice is that in the original, unpatched game, there is a "bug" concerning this depth of field effect. This bug has always been present in the game since it got first released, and is not so bad:
The depth of field effect is NOT rendered, even in the original, unpatched game, whenever you are in first person view. For example, if you look at a scenery like that view out of the window I mentioned, then use "Home" to zoom in, then as soon as the view switches to first person, everything becomes perfectly sharp, and the depth of field effect is thus missing.
Well, I can live with that little problem since it has always been there and could be considered a "feature" of the game. But in the patched version, as awesome and great as it is, this atmospheric depth of field effect is not only missing from the first person view, but is ALWAYS missing.
Is this something that can be easilty fixed?

Hi raistlin9989, You're right, I didn't realize that.
Unfortunately, I've been trying for hours to fix that to no avail. I'm afraid I've given up on fixing that
Regards
Post edited May 19, 2010 by _Zenger_
This patch is wonderful. Thank you.
is there a link to this patch that's still up?
GOG should really include stuff like this. I just bought Outcast today and was hoping to NOT have to go searching for patches and things like that.
Avrojet: is there a link to this patch that's still up?
GOG should really include stuff like this. I just bought Outcast today and was hoping to NOT have to go searching for patches and things like that.
Remeber that this is no official patch, but private work. Maybe you will try a newer one?
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/outcast/experimental_outcast_hi_res_patch_up_to_1280x768_cyana_lighthouse_problem_fixed/page1

Some more stuff here:
http://outcastii.free.fr/www/forum/viewtopic.php?t=633
Post edited January 15, 2012 by Delgado
Thanks, I'm using the new hi-res patch now @ 1280x960.