It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I was hoping to get NWN working on my new laptop, but I have run into some issues specifically regarding my laptop's 4K resolution. Yes, I know its obvious that a game from 2002 would have never been planned for 4K compatibility, but I was just hoping that someone around here knows how to get the game to run in 4K in full screen.

I have already tried to manually change around things in the .ini, but that has been unsuccessful. even downscaling to 1920X1080 has been unsuccessful. It always seems to appear in the top left corner as a tiny square, and my resolution changes made in the .ini seem to not affect it. In the Setup, the resolution is a garble of numbers as well.

Has anyone been successful in getting the game to work in 4K, or fullscreen on a 4K monitor? Help would be appreciated.

Thank you!
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
killedalive1995: I was hoping to get NWN working on my new laptop, but I have run into some issues specifically regarding my laptop's 4K resolution. Yes, I know its obvious that a game from 2002 would have never been planned for 4K compatibility, but I was just hoping that someone around here knows how to get the game to run in 4K in full screen.
At least with desktops, the "scale to full screen" is a thing in either nvidia or amd control panel.
"Enable gpu scaling" or some such.

You could also try to change your desktop resolution first on monitor settings or whatever they are on laptop,
then see if nwn works after that.
killedalive1995: I was hoping to get NWN working on my new laptop, but I have run into some issues specifically regarding my laptop's 4K resolution. Yes, I know its obvious that a game from 2002 would have never been planned for 4K compatibility, but I was just hoping that someone around here knows how to get the game to run in 4K in full screen.
Jarmo: At least with desktops, the "scale to full screen" is a thing in either nvidia or amd control panel.
"Enable gpu scaling" or some such.

You could also try to change your desktop resolution first on monitor settings or whatever they are on laptop,
then see if nwn works after that.
I tried lowering my screen resolution beforehand, but that had no affect aside from sqishing the game into a slightly larger corner. Also, for some reason my Nvida Control Panel seems to not have the option along to have Display settings... odd..