It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi there.

I've been trying to play NWN in 1080p for a while now and I can't figure it out.
Every other resolution works fine (both windowed and fullscreen). However, when switching to 1920x1080, it goes to "interlaced" (1080i) instead of progressive.

Basically, the screen looks more "white", with a lot more of sharp edges, like if I somehow turned the contrast and gamma all the way up

I know for a fact this can be fixed if it used 1080p, mainly because I used to be able to play like that a few months ago.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks
I'm currently redownloading the game due to corrupted files. This happens on my tv-monitor for some games. Some games start on a screen with 50hz refresh rate which is only good for using WinUEA Amiga emulator with a 50hz Amiga PAL screen. Some open with 30hz and some 24hz making fps very low. This is usually fixable with a command line option like "-refresh 60" or forcing the refresh rate using applications suited for this purpose.

Once installed I will look into this issue. Meanwhile, also try to see if editing the NWN.ini file helps.

EDIT: I can't seem to fix this problem and it happens here as well. The game starts in 1080 30p resolution when I set the resolution to 1920 - 1080 - 60hz. I also can't seem to force it using RadeonPro.

I also couldn't find a way to remove these predefined weird resolutions from Catalyst.

The only solution I found was to start the game in 1280 720 resolution.
Post edited April 30, 2014 by ancalimon
Alright. Found the solution to this problem when using a hdtv monitor with ATI cards.

1) Open Catalyst Control Center.
2) Open the tab "My Digital Flat-Panel"
3) Click "HDTV Support (Digital Flat-Panel)"
4) On the bottom list scroll down to find "1080p60 standard(1920 x 1080 @ 60hz)", click on it and choose "Apply Format".
5) Click Add. On that screen set the resolution to 1912 x 1076
6) Choose this new resolution from the game.

Tell us if this solution works for you so that other people can benefit from it too.
Post edited April 29, 2014 by ancalimon
ancalimon: Alright. Found the solution to this problem when using a hdtv monitor with ATI cards.

1) Open Catalyst Control Center.
2) Open the tab "My Digital Flat-Panel"
3) Click "HDTV Support (Digital Flat-Panel)"
4) On the bottom list scroll down to find "1080p60 standard(1920 x 1080 @ 60hz)", click on it and choose "Apply Format".
5) Click Add. On that screen set the resolution to 1912 x 1076
6) Choose this new resolution from the game.

Tell us if this solution works for you so that other people can benefit from it too.
Well, I'm using Nvidia, so I tried a similar thing in the Nvidia control panel.

I added a new custom resolution, since 1912x1076 wasn't appearing, so I just created it.

It works! Both in windowed mode (I wish I could make a borderless window though) and full screen.

Thanks!
ancalimon: Tell us if this solution works for you so that other people can benefit from it too.
You can submit your solution to GOG.