It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Changes Include:

DirectX 9 is used as the default graphics API. This makes Majesty much more compatible with newer versions of Windows.

Modding support, including an SDK for making new Quests and modifying the functionality of existing Quests and Freestyle games.

Basic Multiplayer using GoG Galaxy is supported.

Mouse edge locking in Windowed mode.

Middle Mouse button drags the map

Many bug fixes.

The GoG installer has been updated to auto-install the needed Microsoft runtime files, but if you having issues and the game will now not start anymore, you can try uninstalling it and re-installing it or manually install the Microsoft runtime files from these links.

Visual Studio 2008 Redistributable SP1
www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5582

DirectX End User Runtimes June 2010
www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

If for some reason, you are having issues with DirectX 9 or you just want to switch back to the older DirectDraw API, you can change back by going to the Settings page in game or by editing MajXPrefs in your My Documents/My Games/MajestyHD directory with Notepad and changing the <UseD3D> value from 1 to 0. Please note that on Windows 10, DirectDraw is an optional install and must be added with the Windows Settings panel.

The older DirectPlay Networking interface has also been disabled as that is also not enabled by default with Windows 10. If you need to have that re-enabled, edit MajXPrefs as described above and change the <EnableDirectPlay> tag to 1

The new install provides an SDK for modding, with some documentation on how to get started. The SDK is located in the same directory where GoG installs your games, usually C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Majesty Gold HD

If for some reason you are really having no luck running the new version, the old version is also located in the same directory where Steam installs your games, usually C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Majesty Gold HD. There will be an executable named MajestyHD - Old.exe.

If you are having issues with the new version, please post with as much information as you can, such as what OS you are running and what graphics card.

Note that since GoG doesn't have a Mod delivery system yet, you will have to manually place any mods in your game's user folder. ex. My Documents\My Games\MajestyHD\Mods
CyberloreDev: ...
Amazing stuff, particularly the inclusion of an SDK! Is Galaxy multiplayer compatible with Steam?

(sees username): I thought you guys vanished, happy to have been wrong!

EDIT: Seems the LAN option has been grayed out. Is this normal?
Post edited October 09, 2018 by Plokite_Wolf
CyberloreDev: ...
Plokite_Wolf: Amazing stuff, particularly the inclusion of an SDK! Is Galaxy multiplayer compatible with Steam?

(sees username): I thought you guys vanished, happy to have been wrong!

EDIT: Seems the LAN option has been grayed out. Is this normal?
GoG does have support for allowing Steam games to use the GoG Galaxy networking to support cross-play. I will update the Steam version to support this soon.

You can use the GoG Internet Networking with players on the same LAN, however, if you want to re-enable the old DirectPlay support for LAN, you have to do that manually by editing your MajXPrefs in your My Documents/My Games/MajestyHD directory. Change the <EnableDirectPlay> field to to 1. I have this disabled by default because DirectPlay is a very old API and is not a default installation for Windows 10, it has to be specially enabled as a legacy system. Sometimes Windows will automatically prompt the user for the installation, sometimes not, and this has led to confusion and support issues.

I am also looking into why the GoG Galaxy overlay is not enabled.
Post edited October 09, 2018 by CyberloreDev
CyberloreDev: You can use the GoG Internet Networking with players on the same LAN, however, if you want to re-enable the old DirectPlay support for LAN, you have to do that manually by editing your MajXPrefs in your My Documents/My Games/MajestyHD directory. Change the <EnableDirectPlay> field to to 1. I have this disabled by default because DirectPlay is a very old API and is not a default installation for Windows 10, it has to be specially enabled as a legacy system. Sometimes Windows will automatically prompt the user for the installation, sometimes not, and this has led to confusion and support issues.
That's alright, then. Ideally things like this would be available from the menus instead of manual preference file edits, but I'm glad at least the functionality is there.
Why is the LAN function not working in Multiplayer?

Edit: Oh, solved.
Post edited October 09, 2018 by Silverhawk170485
The moment I launched the game and saw that there was no LAN support, I was about to go nuts.
Fortunately it was just disabled as a setting. Next time, please, make a read me or something, LAN support is very important for many players.
You've shipped us a copy of steam_api.dll - never let it be said GOG users miss out on something Steam users get!

More seriously, thanks. I was concerned we'd just never see this on GOG. I've got a great many hours out of Majesty - bought it about a month after it was first released - and this should give it yet more longevity.
Thank you!
Thank you!
The game says something like “The procedure entry point InitializeCriticalSectionEx could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll” and fails to launch. But the -old.exe launches just fine. I’m using winXP on a pretty dated notebook with integrated graphics card which supports only up to OpenGL 1.4, not sure if it’s relevant.

Btw, I have a similar KERNEL32.dll problem with another GOG game Tales of Maj'Eyal too (it fails to locate something different though), but that game just shows the warning, without actually preventing me from launching it. The reason why I mention this is that there's some discussion about this similar question here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/tales_of_majeyal/entry_point_not_found_error_after_update/?search=dll
Not sure if it gives any hint. I can't connect to that github page, so I can't test the method that dev mentioned.
Post edited November 23, 2018 by Makotolia
Oh, it seems that even the -old.exe version regularly crashes at some visual c++ runtime library errors...
Thank you for the patch.
I started to play Majesty the other day which I had not done for a while,on Windows 7 64 bit,but it crashed at start althugh you could hear the music and the narration all you saw was a black screen. I tried the Old exe and the game loaded, but I got constant C++ runtime errors which I had never gotten before. I was about ready to give up, when I diced to check the install on Gog Galaxy and Galaxy began to update the game files.When it was done I tried the Play button in Galaxy, and the game ran flawlessly , just as before.
I guess th emoral is to keep the game updated.
dudalb: I started to play Majesty the other day which I had not done for a while,on Windows 7 64 bit,but it crashed at start althugh you could hear the music and the narration all you saw was a black screen. I tried the Old exe and the game loaded, but I got constant C++ runtime errors which I had never gotten before. I was about ready to give up, when I diced to check the install on Gog Galaxy and Galaxy began to update the game files.When it was done I tried the Play button in Galaxy, and the game ran flawlessly , just as before.
I guess th emoral is to keep the game updated.
That's good news! Too bad I can't change from Win XP to WIN 7 (which is necessary for Galaxy) now or in the forseeable future...
I think the current straight downloadable version of Majesty on GOG is the updated version, same as I have.
All you need to do is download it.make a copy of your saved games from your current copy, unitnasll the veraion you have and reinstall using the verion you just downloaded.
Post edited May 06, 2019 by dudalb