It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey guys,

We have released a Universal Update (PC) and a new installer for the Mac side that will bring your game up to version 1.3.7.

Here's a quick changelog for you:

- improved compatibility of low quality rendering mode with older graphics cards on Windows (OpenGL 2.1 no longer required)
- worked around an OpenGL driver bug causing missing menu backgrounds on certain Radeon X1600 graphics cards
- bug fix: the game crashes randomly with out of memory error on some Mac OS X versions
- bug fix: grimrock window has incorrect size when using non-default Windows DPI scaling settings
- bug fix: gui content mouseDown() works only with left mouse button
JudasIscariot: Hey guys,

We have released a Universal Update (PC) and a new installer for the Mac side that will bring your game up to version 1.3.7.

Here's a quick changelog for you:

- improved compatibility of low quality rendering mode with older graphics cards on Windows (OpenGL 2.1 no longer required)
- worked around an OpenGL driver bug causing missing menu backgrounds on certain Radeon X1600 graphics cards
- bug fix: the game crashes randomly with out of memory error on some Mac OS X versions
- bug fix: grimrock window has incorrect size when using non-default Windows DPI scaling settings
- bug fix: gui content mouseDown() works only with left mouse button
Thanks.
Is there going to be a new installer for the PC any time soon?
I have 1.0.3.16 GOG's patch installed and I can't install 2.0.1.18 update because it says "...patch does not support you version of the game, please download new..." (I can't see the whole info because of too small window). Do I need to download again the whole game installer (2.0.0)?! It's ridiculous! I know it's only 383MB but it's going to be larger and larger everytime you'll put a major update to the game. What about the other, much larger games? Will I have to download the whole game again if you post an update to... let's say... Witcher 2? :(
lefty: I have 1.0.3.16 GOG's patch installed and I can't install 2.0.1.18 update because it says "...patch does not support you version of the game, please download new..." (I can't see the whole info because of too small window). Do I need to download again the whole game installer (2.0.0)?! It's ridiculous! I know it's only 383MB but it's going to be larger and larger everytime you'll put a major update to the game. What about the other, much larger games? Will I have to download the whole game again if you post an update to... let's say... Witcher 2? :(
I encountered this same issue and was wondering the same thing. Do we really have to re-install the game to add the patch? Will it affect our saved games? I'm only part way through the game, but I would really hate to have to start over.
lefty: I have 1.0.3.16 GOG's patch installed and I can't install 2.0.1.18 update because it says "...patch does not support you version of the game, please download new..." (I can't see the whole info because of too small window). Do I need to download again the whole game installer (2.0.0)?! It's ridiculous! I know it's only 383MB but it's going to be larger and larger everytime you'll put a major update to the game. What about the other, much larger games? Will I have to download the whole game again if you post an update to... let's say... Witcher 2? :(
tygrr3: I encountered this same issue and was wondering the same thing. Do we really have to re-install the game to add the patch? Will it affect our saved games? I'm only part way through the game, but I would really hate to have to start over.
Everyone who has the 1.3.6 LOG version (see the in-game version on the start screen) can also use the Almost Human patch: http://grimrock.net/patch/grimrock_1_3_6_to_1_3_7_patch.exe
(older patches: http://grimrock.net/patch/grimrock_1_3_1_to_1_3_6_patch.exe, http://grimrock.net/patch/grimrock_1_1_4_to_1_3_1_patch.exe)
Post edited February 15, 2013 by shaddim
same question here......new patch does not support my version. Argh.....download the whole thing again?
tygrr3: I encountered this same issue and was wondering the same thing. Do we really have to re-install the game to add the patch? Will it affect our saved games? I'm only part way through the game, but I would really hate to have to start over.
shaddim: Everyone who has the 1.3.6 LOG version (see the in-game version on the start screen) can also use the Almost Human patch: http://grimrock.net/patch/grimrock_1_3_6_to_1_3_7_patch.exe
(older patches: http://grimrock.net/patch/grimrock_1_3_1_to_1_3_6_patch.exe, http://grimrock.net/patch/grimrock_1_1_4_to_1_3_1_patch.exe)
I just downloaded the Almost Human 1.36 - 1.37 patch and it worked just fine. Thanks!
So what's the point to post the patches at GoG if we have to use Almost Human's instead? If some game has, let's say, 5 patches (let's call them 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 2.0), I'd like to be able to download any of them at GoG, not only the last which I won't be able to install because I didn't install 1.4 before. Anyway, thanks for the solution Shaddim but I think GOG should do that problem with LoG and other games.

Do GOG:
Chłopaki, zróbcie proszę coś z tymi patchami. Mogłem przeciez kupić LoG na stronie producenta czy na Steamie ale wolałem dać zarobić rodakom (broń Boże nie mam nic przeciwko innym nacjom). Wiecie dobrze, że w naszym kraju nie każdy ma łącze xx megabitowe aby sobie móc wyjść zrobić kawę do kuchni i po powrocie mieć ściągnięte kilka GB jakiegoś patcha czy instalki gry w której upchaliście wszystkie patche poza ostatnim. No przecież to wstyd aby forumowicze podawali rozwiązania z odnośnikami do stron zewnętrznych. To tak jak z zakupem auta. Ja np. wolę zapłacić drożej ale mieć dobry serwis ;)

Regards
Lefty
Post edited February 16, 2013 by lefty
Correspondence between GOG versions and official Almost Human versions:

GOG : official
1.0.0.14 (installer) : 1.3.1
1.0.3.16 (patch) : 1.3.6
2.0.0.17 (installer) : 1.3.6
2.0.1.18 (patch) : 1.3.7

GOG patch 2.0.1.18 can not be applied to GOG version 1.0.3.16.

Almost Human's patches can be applied according to the official version number, as expected. So 1_3_1_to_1_3_6 patch can be applied to GOG version 1.0.0.14, and 1_3_6_to_1_3_7 patch can be applied to both GOG versions 1.0.3.16 and 2.0.0.17.
Post edited February 16, 2013 by Legorol
Hi again,

We uploaded a new build of our version of the 1.3.7 patch that will work with the older installers. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience.
JudasIscariot: Hi again,

We uploaded a new build of our version of the 1.3.7 patch that will work with the older installers. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank you :) But... being a computer noob, will I loose my saves when I update?

MindsEyeSplinter: Thank you :) But... being a computer noob, will I loose my saves when I update?
I'd recommend making a backup of your saves but you shouldn't lose your saves.

Is this supposed to be live already? I just redownloaded the "Universal update 2.0.1", and the file is still called "patch_legend_of_grimrock_2.0.1.18" as before, and it has identical checksum to before.
Post edited February 21, 2013 by Legorol

Legorol: Is this supposed to be live already? I just redownloaded the "Universal update 2.0.1", and the file is still called "patch_legend_of_grimrock_2.0.1.18" as before, and it has identical checksum to before.
IIRC, setting additional flags during compilation *shouldn't* affect the filesize and checksums.
Legorol: Is this supposed to be live already? I just redownloaded the "Universal update 2.0.1", and the file is still called "patch_legend_of_grimrock_2.0.1.18" as before, and it has identical checksum to before.
JudasIscariot: IIRC, setting additional flags during compilation *shouldn't* affect the filesize and checksums.
The checksum should be different, whether you use MD4, MD5 or SHA-1. Even a single bit change in the file will alter these.