It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So, it seems GoG Galaxy is trying to install Layers of Fear (2023) into the same folder as Layers of Fear (2016). Can we get a patch to change it?
Post edited June 18, 2023 by Graberl
Graberl: So, it seems GoG Galaxy is trying to install Layers of Fear (2023) into the same folder as Layers of Fear (2016). Can we get a patch to change it?
Had the same issue this afternoon using the standalone downloadable installer. It installed 2023 right into 2016s game folder . This might have been OK if it had created a separate Icon on the desktop but didn't. By not changing the title from the 2016 verson for the new version by adding a redux or HD, etc, they have done the same thing essentially that EA did with the Original Need for Speed Most Wanted where they gave it the same exe name as NFS Underground had; The work around was changing the exe name on whatever of the two games you installed first if you wanted both installed at the same time.

With layers of Fear 2023 you don't have to change the exe name just change the name of the install folder when installing to layers of Fear 2023 becuase the title of the game folder is the same as the first game so it installs 2023 in 2016s folder if the older game is installed.

To fix the issue, I uninstalled 2023. I then renamed the 2016 game folder to Layers of Fear(2016) and when I installed 2023 again I noticed I could change the name of the install folder and I changed the name of the install folder to Layers of Fear (2023) and that solved the problem. It's not really neccasary to change the name of the first game unless you want to but I did it becuase of the NFS games out of habit. LOL

I don't use Galaxy so I don't remember what an install is like on it but hopefully it provides a way to rename the folder when installing.