It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
This problem still persists, but I've found a workaround: You need to start the game with the parameter -LOWMEM, which will make it run in some kind of safe mode and prevent the crash. It did for me, at least.

To do this, edit the dosboxLOL2.conf (or dosboxLOL2_single.conf) file in the game's main directory. At the end of the file, under the section [autoexec], you need to change this line

lolg.exe -CD .

to this

lolg.exe -CD . -LOWMEM
(May look different in your configuration, but you really just need to add the parameter to this line.)

Once that's done start the game, load your savegame and do the part in the tavern. You can then save your game, remove the -LOWMEM parameter and continue playing normally. Note that the parameter also causes the game to set the graphical settings to the lowest possible, so you will need to reconfigure those afterwards.
Post edited May 01, 2013 by Aurelius_Maximus
Aurelius_Maximus: To do this, edit the dosboxLOL2. conf file in the game's main directory. At the end of the file, under the section [autoexec], you need to change this line

lolg. exe -CD .

to this

lolg. exe -CD . -LOWMEM
Thanks a lot! Worked for me, too, on Windows 7 64-bit. Just to add that for me the file to edit was dosboxLOL2_single .conf.
Post edited February 24, 2013 by singbird
Aurelius_Maximus: This problem still persists, but I've found a workaround: You need to start the game with the parameter -LOWMEM, which will make it run in some kind of safe mode and prevent the crash. It did for me, at least.

To do this, edit the dosboxLOL2. conf file in the game's main directory. At the end of the file, under the section [autoexec], you need to change this line

lolg. exe -CD .

to this

lolg. exe -CD . -LOWMEM
(May look different in your configuration, but you really just need to add the parameter to this line. Also note that this is not copyable because I had to insert spaces as the forum software interpreted the "lolg. exe" as a link, which for some reason I am not allowed to post.)

Once that's done start the game, load your savegame and do the part in the tavern. You can then save your game, remove the -LOWMEM parameter and continue playing normally. Note that the parameter also causes the game to set the graphical settings to the lowest possible, so you will need to reconfigure those afterwards.
Works perfectly and only takes a few seconds to do. You'll have to watch the cutscene in garbly pixelated crap graphics, but that's not a big deal since you can switch it back afterwards. Thank you.

As singbird said, it's dosboxLOL2_single.conf that you edit
singbird: Just to add that for me the file to edit was dosboxLOL2_single.conf.
Xaemoon: As singbird said, it's dosboxLOL2_single.conf that you edit
Thanks for the heads-up, but I could have sworn it was dosboxLOL2.conf for me. Anyway, I edited my post to reflect this. I'm just glad it seems to work for everybody.
How do you switch the graphics back to a higher level after. Your edit helped me get past the cantina but now graphics suck.
Hello,
I have the same problem. When I do as you write the game starts, but when I want to launch my saved game. I get a massage to hit "CTRL & F4" and that is it. No way from that point.
Attachments:
lolg_000.png (13 Kb)
Azzuri: How do you switch the graphics back to a higher level after. Your edit helped me get past the cantina but now graphics suck.
As I wrote before, you'll need to reconfigure the in-game settings after removing the "-LOWMEM" parameter and restarting the game. I'd recommend the following settings: http://i.imgur.com/uj08v73.png

krysakrysa: Hello,
I have the same problem. When I do as you write the game starts, but when I want to launch my saved game. I get a massage to hit "CTRL & F4" and that is it. No way from that point.
Please make sure that you wrote the parameters correctly, especially the "-CD ."-part. That's [minus]CD[space][full stop]. Also ensure that there is a space between the two parameters. If it still doesn't work, please post your config file here.
Post edited November 14, 2013 by Aurelius_Maximus
the same crtl + F4 thing here
Post edited January 02, 2014 by FarangNarak
Just come across this post as I was playing Lol2 and this happened also to me. Tried a few times to talk to baccata but it crashed, I was about to give up and try the editing when I though ide give it another try and this time I hit escape, spacebar and f1 and pressed a few random buttons on my keyboard and it got through the part it crashed on. Hope this helps - GAV
If you see the CTRL& F4 Error you might have entered the -LOWMEM parameter the wrong place. I had to put it at the end of the lolg.exe line so it looked like

lolg.exe -CD .. -LOWMEM

When I did that, the game started and loaded, I could talk to Baccata and avoid the crash. After this conversation I saved, reset to high graphic details and removed the -LOWMEM paramter.
Aurelius_Maximus: To do this, edit the dosboxLOL2.conf (or dosboxLOL2_single.conf) file in the game's main directory. At the end of the file, under the section [autoexec], you need to change this line
Can somebody tell me how to fix this issue on OS X? I cannot find dosboxLOL2.conf...
slick101: Can somebody tell me how to fix this issue on OS X? I cannot find dosboxLOL2.conf...
Assuming it's packaged similar to the Mac build of RoA II on the .app Right-Click - Show Package Contents, browse to the .boxer and once again Right-Click - Show Package Contents, and edit the bxlaunch.bat.
slick101: Can somebody tell me how to fix this issue on OS X? I cannot find dosboxLOL2.conf...
Gydion: Assuming it's packaged similar to the Mac build of RoA II on the .app Right-Click - Show Package Contents, browse to the .boxer and once again Right-Click - Show Package Contents, and edit the bxlaunch.bat.
Thanks! That did work! I solved Cantina problem. :)
tacticurn: If you see the CTRL& F4 Error you might have entered the -LOWMEM parameter the wrong place. I had to put it at the end of the lolg.exe line so it looked like

lolg.exe -CD .. -LOWMEM

When I did that, the game started and loaded, I could talk to Baccata and avoid the crash. After this conversation I saved, reset to high graphic details and removed the -LOWMEM paramter.
I tried the LOWMEM option , but I don't get it running.
I edited the dosboxLOL2.conf file and changed it in : lolg.exe -CD .-LOWMEM ..... and I tried it different ways in case I was typing it wrong... but still not able to play.....

Anyone care to help maybe?
Post edited March 19, 2017 by IVV69
tacticurn: If you see the CTRL& F4 Error you might have entered the -LOWMEM parameter the wrong place. I had to put it at the end of the lolg.exe line so it looked like

lolg.exe -CD .. -LOWMEM

IVV69: I tried the LOWMEM option , but I don't get it running.
I edited the dosboxLOL2.conf file and changed it in : lolg.exe -CD .-LOWMEM ..... and I tried it different ways in case I was typing it wrong... but still not able to play.....

Anyone care to help maybe?
Did you type the parramters correct? I see one dot only, and no space between that and the -LOWMEM parameter