It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Did someone notice anything else being different at all?

Btw, since it wasn't remastered, the source code is still lost I take it?
This question / problem has been solved by sheepdragonimage
The game is exactly the same. If you look in the install location, you can see the executable is still cataclysm.exe
The original titlescreen is still there. They just used an overlay to obscure "cataclysm".
Post edited June 24, 2017 by DoomSooth
Why did they even change the title? O_o
phaolo: Why did they even change the title? O_o
Blizzard has copyright ownership over the word "Cataclysm", which happened long after Homeworld Cataclysm was made. As a result, the game had to be renamed to Emergence to avoid legal issues over the name when it was released here on GOG.com. The game, however, is still Cataclysm through and through and the name makes zero difference on the plot :D
Feallan: Did someone notice anything else being different at all?

Btw, since it wasn't remastered, the source code is still lost I take it?
GOG included the emulator nGlide (I believe) to help with compatibility, and may have included other fixes of some kind, but other than that, yeah, it's the same game.
Bought it, finished it. It's the exact same game. Couple of things to note: I changed the render to OpenGL, which enabled higher resolution and 32BIT colors. I also have a 144hz monitor that refused to scale the image to 4:3 if the monitor refresh rate was set to anything higher than 60hz.
I don't see why they had to change the name when it was named before the WoW expansion. There's not even any confusion: it's not called simply "Cataclysm" but "Homeworld: Cataclysm".

I wish I hadn't recently spent money on Blizzard stuff now.
graspee: I don't see why they had to change the name when it was named before the WoW expansion. There's not even any confusion: it's not called simply "Cataclysm" but "Homeworld: Cataclysm".

Legal issues I'm afraid, forced their hand. Blizzard copyrighted/trademarked the word "Cataclysm", so it cannot be used anywhere except in Blizzard approved content.
Post edited June 28, 2017 by Shukaku
graspee: I don't see why they had to change the name when it was named before the WoW expansion. There's not even any confusion: it's not called simply "Cataclysm" but "Homeworld: Cataclysm".

Shukaku: Legal issues I'm afraid, forced their hand. Blizzard copyrighted the word "Cataclysm", so it cannot be used anywhere except in Blizzard approved content.
Trademarked. They trademarked the word. Copyrights are for creative works (a film, a novel, a song, etc.); a preexisting word can't be copyrighted (though I think a made-up word such as Jedi might be covered by the copyright of the creative work in which it originated).

Also, having a trademark on a word doesn't mean that no one else can use it; just that its use in the same category in which it's trademarked is restricted in certain ways to anyone other than the holder of the mark.
I guess for lawyers RTS and MMORPG is in the same category... :faceplam:
Since Cataclysm works as charm on my Win 10 (which apparently is rare) I don't really need Emergence then? Seem not to me at least.
NebuchadnezzarII: Since Cataclysm works as charm on my Win 10 (which apparently is rare) I don't really need Emergence then? Seem not to me at least.
I own Cataclysm, too. It's nice to have another backup here if something happens, though. Also saves me the trouble of having to scan my manual.
NebuchadnezzarII: Since Cataclysm works as charm on my Win 10 (which apparently is rare) I don't really need Emergence then? Seem not to me at least.
If you already own the game, no need to re-purchase. But it's good to have a backup when your CD stops working. I installed the GOG version purely to see what they'd done and also just to stop using the CD every time :)
Thanks for sharing. Good to know.

I have the CD, but I don't have a DVD/Blu-Ray drive on my PC* so had been debating whether to buy the GOG version or not.

* I didn't put one in it when I built it 2 years ago, keep meaning to but never do